Brewer Fanatic

Wed. 9/28 - Gasser Starts 12:05pm MiLB Regular Season Finale

Brewer Fanatic Contributor

Nashville hosts Memphis in its regular season finale, with 23-year old LHP Robert Gasser making his 5th AAA start (3.38 ERA with 25 Ks in 21 1/3 AAA innings). LF Sal Frelick remains the big story on offense, carrying a 40-game on-base streak:

Sounds Sep 28 2022.jpg

Trailing 5-3 since the 4th inning and with Sal Frelick already subbed out, this bottom of the 8th inning is probably the Sounds’ best chance for a comeback. Due up: Turang, Singleton, Wiemer, Dorrian, Devanney. Let’s goooo Nashville!

8 minutes ago, damuelle said:

Trailing 5-3 since the 4th inning and with Sal Frelick already subbed out, this bottom of the 8th inning is probably the Sounds’ best chance for a comeback. Due up: Turang, Singleton, Wiemer, Dorrian, Devanney. Let’s goooo Nashville!

…so of course we went 3-up, 3-down for the 4th straight inning. On to the 9th…

That’s okay. An 8-4 loss in the regular season finale doesn’t change the fact that Nashville has the best record in AAA, won this particular series 2-1 and is headed to Las Vegas to try to win the postseason crown. Saturday semi-final vs. the Durham Bulls!

5 hours ago, Robocaller said:

only one or two were actually strikes.

You understand the concept of competitive pitches that aren’t in the strike zone, right? The breaking balls all were in the zone a long time before breaking out. Throwing strikes is still going to be a challenge for him, but a video showcasing his swing and miss stuff probably won’t be showing get me over off speed pitches for the most part.

• Like 4

Updated ‘Prospect Larceny’ Top 100’s. Confirming what I suspected: both Carlos F. Rodriguez and Stiven Cruz make the top 50 with Cruz all the way up to 22. Cruz is still under the radar, it seems, but in terms of raw stuff I would put him slightly above Rodriguez as well. For reference, both hurlers are placed just above the Rays super prospect RHP Taj Bradley - who I watched several times in Montgomery and with Durham at Triple-A. It is a serious thing to have your raw stuff and results rated above (keeping in mind competition levels is the obvious addendum here)

image.png

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Smichaelis9 said:

You understand the concept of competitive pitches that aren’t in the strike zone, right? The breaking balls all were in the zone a long time before breaking out. Throwing strikes is still going to be a challenge for him, but a video showcasing his swing and miss stuff probably won’t be showing get me over off speed pitches for the most part.

you realize it wasn't actually a competition, right? 🙂

16 minutes ago, Robocaller said:

you realize it wasn't actually a competition, right? 🙂

Sorry if I came off as snarky there, but even in a side bullpen session, guys will purposely throw pitches that move out of the zone to get used to release and feel for those pitches. In instructional games they’re definitely not just going to want the pitchers to flip every pitch into the zone on purpose. 

• Like 1