Jump to content
Brewer Fanatic
Posted

…and the Brewers take Game 1 by the final score of 3-2.

Right-hander Michael King starts Game 2 for San Diego. King had 5.2 IP of one run ball at Milwaukee on May 13, 2026. No decision.

Logan Henderson starts for the Brewers. Henderson went 6.1 IP at San Diego on August 10, 2026. A 7th inning HR by Jackson Merrill saddled Henderson with a loss, after otherwise pitching well through six.

 

IMG_9624.jpeg

  • Like 1

Recommended Posts

Posted

Henderson for 4-5 IP.

Patrick and Romero for 2-3 IP?

I recognize everyone is probably available on back to back days today. Doesn’t mean I wouldn’t be nervous sending any of yesterday’s five relievers back out there.

I bet Uribe bounces back fine.

  • Like 1
Posted

Padres carrying 11 (?) pitchers on their roster.
 

Not pictured is righthander, Randy Vasquez, a starter in the regular season. We can assume Walker Buehler will return from paternity leave this week, if necessary. Buehler can only miss up to three games.

image.jpeg

  • Like 1
Posted

I want something very obviously Uecker related to happen today as well. I want France to hit a 600 ft home run that hits a bird (and the bird is unharmed!) or something and ends up caught.

If people realize Bob is pulling the strings they can't be mad.

  • Love 1
Posted
26 minutes ago, liveforoctober said:

I want something very obviously Uecker related to happen today as well. I want France to hit a 600 ft home run that hits a bird (and the bird is unharmed!)  or something and ends up caught.

If people realize Bob is pulling the strings they can't be mad.

Hitting the roof in Milwaukee is very rare, I’m not ruling out some Ueck intervention!

I found where it happened in 2008 playoffs and of all people Counsell caught it.  Other than that I only found reference to Richie Sexon hitting it twice but both foul balls.

https://www.mlb.com/video/jayson-werth-pop-out-2008-nlds

Posted
2 hours ago, Brock Beauchamp said:

I get to actually watch this game, let's go!

How was the concert? Did you check your phone? Brewers won 3-2. [no sarcasm intended, authentic questions] 🙂

  • WHOA SOLVDD 3
Posted

I just went over to Padres Mission for the first time to see if I could get any fan insights. Unfortunately, it looks like that forum if not very active with regular members.

Posted

My prediction for today is that the roof will be open, then they will decide to close it, and a Padre hits a moon shot that gets pinched between the two halves just as they finish closing. Stadium staff then reverses the roof and the ball drops right into Mitchell's glove.

  • WHOA SOLVDD 6
Posted

Listening to snippets of the Padres radio call this morning, and the first reaction to the France ball in the 9th was something like, "France hits it a mile in the air, but it's going to twist foul, and there's Chourio in fair territory making the catch."

Statcast has the math to back it up, but I don't think anyone other than hype-mad Adam Amin thought that ball was dangerous off the bat. It just looked like a foul ball to me.

That doesn't mean it wasn't lucky for the Brewers. I don't think that thing stays in play if not for the roof. But had that gone for a homer, it also would have been a unicorn, "lucky" home run because balls with that launch angle don't leave the yard. Like, ever.

Anyway. Onto this afternoon. 

King's coming off a major outing with a lot of hype. Meanwhile, Henderson is quietly one of the best pitchers in baseball. Let's hope he puts together 6 or 7 scoreless and the Brewers offense puts an end to the King Michael narrative.

 

  • Like 1
Brewer Fanatic Contributor
Posted

Alright Logan, time to make the pundits forget about us not trading for Skubal

  • Love 1
"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006
Posted
46 minutes ago, Cool Hand Lucroy said:

That doesn't mean it wasn't lucky for the Brewers. I don't think that thing stays in play if not for the roof. But had that gone for a homer, it also would have been a unicorn, "lucky" home run because balls with that launch angle don't leave the yard. Like, ever.

Reminds me of the HR in Las Vegas by the A’s back-up catcher Jonah Heim … launch angle & height said 0% chance it would get out, but it did. Brewers won both games! 

  • Like 1
Posted
48 minutes ago, Cool Hand Lucroy said:

Henderson is quietly one of the best pitchers in baseball. Let's hope he puts together 6 or 7 scoreless and the Brewers offense puts an end to the King Michael narrative.

This is exactly my hope for today’s game …

Verified Member
Posted

 

 

Padres were getting lucky most of the game until the 9th. I think they had like 3 balls over 100 mph EV all night while Brewers had over 9

  • Like 2
Posted
35 minutes ago, Branyanisthegoat said:

Not loving how people are betting. 44% of bets in on SD, but 64% of the money. Hopefully just a few really rich Padres fans instead of all the big fish liking San Diego.

I bet against the Brewers so I win regardless.

  • WHOA SOLVDD 2
Posted
30 minutes ago, BCF said:

 

 

Padres were getting lucky most of the game until the 9th. I think they had like 3 balls over 100 mph EV all night while Brewers had over 9

Bauers smoked one to a perfectly positioned shortstop. Chourio hit a ripping liner to right-center. Contreras was robbed of a hit by a sliding play. So was Chourio. 

We also had our share of luck in Mitchell's broken bat single. The last out of the game was smoked. But, yeah, this picture makes perfect sense to me overall. The Brewers got one big break to get the 2nd out in the ninth (how big of a break, people can debate). But both Padres runs were the result of some good luck/poor defense.

If I'm a Padres fan, the big "luck" factor I'm thinking about is RISP. They just left a ton of guys on. Couldn't get the big hit. They had the traffic and put the Brewers more consistently under pressure. I thought they did some things right and deserved more than the 6% number on this graphic. Still, I certainly agree we hit the ball harder and with more consistency.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
The Twins Daily Caretaker Fund
The Brewer Fanatic Caretaker Fund

You all care about this site. The next step is caring for it. We’re asking you to caretake this site so it can remain the premier Brewers community on the internet. Included with caretaking is ad-free browsing of Brewer Fanatic.

×
×
  • Create New...