Jump to content
Brewer Fanatic
Posted
1 minute ago, BrewerFan said:

I was hoping I'd post that and... immediately be proven wrong. 

With Lara, Frelick and the guys coming behind him, he stayed healthy, move on and go with Lara to start next year in CF. You can get decent value I think. 

Well, just don’t show any prospective potential team his playoff highlights. 

Verified Member
Posted
Just now, yfinn6 said:

There are others who can bat besides Vaughn. You're aware, yes?

David Hamilton? Gary Sanchez? 
 

If they bring in a lefty you 100% go with Vaughn or Sanchez in that spot 

Verified Member
Posted
Just now, Valentín Viña said:

Because Vaughn can hit righties and they had two men on base. 

I rather save him for the 9th 

Posted

Lara starts game one and now he's buried. I mean he cannot do any worse. Just give him an opportunity. Hall better not see Tatis. Chad Patrick apb alert.

Posted
1 minute ago, adambr2 said:

Well, just don’t show any prospective potential team his playoff highlights. 

Eh, I don't think teams actually weigh a guy a poor postseason that heavily. 
He's an above average league hitter and a good defender.

That's good enough. But... I also don't care if you get the #2 prospect in the game, I'm mostly just saying I don't trust him, I don't trust him to stay healthy, to come through. 

.

Verified Member
Posted
Just now, Valentín Viña said:

You may not have such an opportunity in the 9th. 

If it’s a one run game you definitely will 

If they go to him for a 2 inning save you could PH Vaughn for Frelick 

Community Moderator
Posted
3 minutes ago, jw5511986 said:

This is not a criticism of Bauers, I just don't think he will be around next year and I'm wondering who the options are in the minors or if we need to sign a FA. I'm on the record that I would sign Bauers if it was halfway reasonable because I think he's one of the leaders of the locker room.  

Blake Burke and Luke Adams will come up before Fischer I think. 

"Rock, sometime, when the team is up against it, and the breaks are beating the boys, tell 'em to go out there with all they got and win just one for the Uecker. I don't know where I'll be then, Rock but I'll know about it; and I'll be happy."

Posted
1 minute ago, Valentín Viña said:

You may not have such an opportunity in the 9th. 

I'd hit him for Ortiz in the 8th regardless of the situation.

Posted
1 minute ago, Bulldogboy said:

Lara starts game one and now he's buried. I mean he cannot do any worse. Just give him an opportunity. Hall better not see Tatis. Chad Patrick apb alert.

I'd actually prefer to see the Brewers go with Patrick as an "opener" tomorrow and see what he can give you(if you need it). 

I don't see how Gasser, Drohan are a good matchup and Harrison would take... balls given how he looked up until his last outing when his stuff really played up. 

But we'll see. I'm still not conceding a Gm4. 

.

Posted
1 minute ago, Bulldogboy said:

Lara starts game one and now he's buried. I mean he cannot do any worse. Just give him an opportunity. Hall better not see Tatis. Chad Patrick apb alert.

Lara couldn't do any worse?  I couldn't have done any worse.  If fact, the previous AB where he watches 2 balls followed by 3 strikes would have been the exact same if they had given my 50 year old broken down body the bat, the exact same.

Posted

I don't want to put the cart before the horse as this series is in no way over yet. But the showing of the offense has not inspired me for a series with LA after what happened last year. 

  • Like 1
Posted
1 minute ago, BCF said:

If it’s a one run game you definitely will 

If they go to him for a 2 inning save you could PH Vaughn for Frelick 

 

Are you forgetting that the Padres could still put runs on the board? 

Posted
1 minute ago, BCF said:

If it’s a one run game you definitely will 

If they go to him for a 2 inning save you could PH Vaughn for Frelick 

I'd actually prefer to see Frelick get an AB. 

He's been the opposite of Mitchell. rising to the occasion. 

.

Verified Member
Posted
1 minute ago, Valentín Viña said:

 

Are you forgetting that the Padres could still put runs on the board? 

No I didn’t realize that, thanks! 

Community Moderator
Posted
1 minute ago, BrewerFan said:

I'd actually prefer to see Frelick get an AB. 

He's been the opposite of Mitchell. rising to the occasion. 

Unless there is a LHP out there...

"Rock, sometime, when the team is up against it, and the breaks are beating the boys, tell 'em to go out there with all they got and win just one for the Uecker. I don't know where I'll be then, Rock but I'll know about it; and I'll be happy."

Posted
2 minutes ago, Opening Day said:

Lara couldn't do any worse?  I couldn't have done any worse.  If fact, the previous AB where he watches 2 balls followed by 3 strikes would have been the exact same if they had given my 50 year old broken down body the bat, the exact same.

Lara has had competitive ABs and he can go get it in CF. 

And... he watched 3 balls... and again, he has ALL the physical tools, so, that's not the issue. He just doesn't trust his bat speed clearly. 

  • Like 1

.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
The Twins Daily Caretaker Fund
The Brewer Fanatic Caretaker Fund

You all care about this site. The next step is caring for it. We’re asking you to caretake this site so it can remain the premier Brewers community on the internet. Included with caretaking is ad-free browsing of Brewer Fanatic.

×
×
  • Create New...