Jump to content
Brewer Fanatic

thebruce44

Verified Member
  • Posts

    2,667
  • Joined

  • Last visited

 Content Type 

Profiles

Forums

Blogs

Events

News

2026 Milwaukee Brewers Top Prospects Ranking

Milwaukee Brewers Videos

2022 Milwaukee Brewers Draft Picks

Milwaukee Brewers Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

Guides & Resources

2023 Milwaukee Brewers Draft Picks

2024 Milwaukee Brewers Draft Picks

The Milwaukee Brewers Players Project

2025 Milwaukee Brewers Draft Pick Tracker

2026 Milwaukee Brewers Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Store

Downloads

Gallery

Everything posted by thebruce44

  1. Hasn't Yelich even been part of the conversations when they have sent prospects back to AAA? I don't think this is cringe, I think its just recognizing his role as a leader and I'm okay with the leader of a team not being the best player.
  2. You do realize how different what you just typed compared to: "Mark A certainly directed them to go try and get Skubal"
  3. I was amped up earlier this week after working late until 11, so I put on The Searchers (a comfort film I haven't watched in forever) to wind down. I ended up staying up until 3 to finish with a couple pauses. I think this is one of my top 5 films and I need to watch more John Ford.
  4. The truth is we really don't know and wont until we see the playoff roster. It seems silly to speculate on his health or that he might be dishonest with the team. Hopefully he is focused on recovery and making the necessary progress.
  5. You are allowed an injury substitution. The only reason I think this carries some weight is that Woody did come back from an extended absence and pitched well until the injury resurfaced. He doesn't strike me as the type of player who is going to show rust in a playoff moment. If he is healthy enough to pitch for a full series, I would love to see him replace someone on the bubble.
  6. I'm still in awe about a significant portion of the fanbase complaining that Mark is cheap, especially when we don't know what the ownership group is spending on the operations that allows us to win with less payroll spend. People really don't remember the Wendy years.
  7. He is having success in AA, which is the whole point of the article, not "A" ball. And I don't think anyone is arguing that "doing great in "A" ball translates to being great in the MLB."
  8. Yes, it seems silly to assume the organization is encouraging something completely opposite from what they want all of their other players to do.
  9. I think he is finally healthy and this is the baseline for the type of player we should expect next year assuming he stays healthy.
  10. Very cool for a first try, but it looks like the logo is cut off on the bottom right.
  11. Maybe you aren't watching the games so you aren't aware that everything is falling apart after losing the series to the Reds.
  12. Can't disagree with any of this, its just such a small sample size that I don't know if I would make major decisions like lining up playoff starters based on it.
  13. Half the runs he has given up on the road came from 2 outlier games. I wouldn't put too much stock into his home/road splits.
  14. The expectation from team leadership is that a 22 year old SS hustle more on the bases than the 28 year old catcher who plays every day (or needs to be physically removed from the field) and is starting to feel the effects. How is this a problem?
  15. I stood near enough to Prince in Beloit to know he was 5'8"ish. Anyway, Prince found other ways to provide value to his team that pushed well above the negative impact of his height. Vaughn seems to do the same.
  16. If you don't like posters using things like 'data" and "evidence" to make their argument, what do you want to see instead? Are there specific stats being posted that you disagree with? Or is your argument that regular season stat's don't matter in the playoffs? If that is the case, how do you want to project playoff success? From what I can tell, it seems like our OF is not really a problem.
  17. I do think this is an overpay, however, do you really think these two are comparable to the headliner prospects the Dodgers gave up for Skubal?
  18. There is A LOT to be excited about with Frias, but I'm guessing the lack of speed and defense means he wasn't a priority to keep for the Brewers.
  19. I'm asking for the opposite of a recent example and actual data on a decent sample size. I believe you that you may have saw some data years ago that convinced you, but that isn't really going to get me to buy in.
  20. Another conspiracy theory-- The Dodger's will throw the NLCS to us so they can try to keep the status quo for as long as possible. Lose the battle, but win the war!
  21. Do you have data to back that up? How often do you see MLB pitchers ramping up from 100 IP after age 28 and would there be enough data points to convincingly say there is a difference from a 23 year old? Especially as younger players seem to recover faster.
  22. I'd say Jett/Adamczewski/Fischer, Sproat, and Adams/Burke/Quero. I would have done it.
  23. Wait, so what is actually happening here. The reporting has been awful. I saw that he has no return timeline, but then I saw him do an interview where he said it was an old fracture and he wasn't going to miss time. This is like schrodinger's broken toe.
  24. I don't think anyone is suggesting killing him. I just would have him batting 7th or 8th at this point and give him days off against tough pitchers.
×
×
  • Create New...