Jump to content
Brewer Fanatic

adambr2

Verified Member
  • Posts

    38,648
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    103

 Content Type 

Profiles

Forums

Blogs

Events

News

2026 Milwaukee Brewers Top Prospects Ranking

Milwaukee Brewers Videos

2022 Milwaukee Brewers Draft Picks

Milwaukee Brewers Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

Guides & Resources

2023 Milwaukee Brewers Draft Picks

2024 Milwaukee Brewers Draft Picks

The Milwaukee Brewers Players Project

2025 Milwaukee Brewers Draft Pick Tracker

2026 Milwaukee Brewers Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Store

Downloads

Gallery

Everything posted by adambr2

  1. Kind of surprised about sending Gasser back out there for the 6th. Patrick was warming already in the 4th and I was happy to get him through 5.
  2. Which kind of puzzles me because watching him track that ball in right center from Suarez the other day, he made up a LOT of ground. By who was closer to make a play, that was probably Mitchell’s ball. And Mitchell is not slow.
  3. Gasser probably deserves his own appreciation thread. He’s the number 5 that nobody wanted as a number 5. People wanted Sproat, or Crow, or Drohan. Not Gasser. Gasser even ticked his own manager off enough to pull him mid AB. Yet, here we are in mid September. How many non-Dodger teams give you a #5 that strike out about a batter an inning and have a 4.20 ERA?
  4. Mr Murphy. Ortiz >>>>> Hamilton. That is all.
  5. Sweet defense, Panthers.
  6. Let’s see if Ben Johnson wants to go for it this time.
  7. I think blowing a 21-3 lead and having to trot out to midfield and have Ben Johnson celebrate in my face was probably the most humiliating moment of Matt Lafleur’s life.
  8. 4th and 1 from your own 20 with a 7 point lead in the 2nd quarter is certainly a choice. I’m a pretty aggressive guy and I think I’ll take the 50 yards of field position and trust my defense there.
  9. Hard to say they’re washed when all their cornerstone players are young IMO. Sewell is 25. Gibbs is incredibly only 24. ARSB is 26, Laporta is 25, Jameson is 25. Goff is 31 but that means nothing for NFL quarterback years. EDIT: I have no idea how I forgot to mention Hutchinson. Also only 26.
  10. Whatever the rule is that resulted in that not being a fumble six touchdown for the Saints is a dumb rule.
  11. I think the Lions are still better than people think, though I’d probably still take the Bears. I'd be less surprised by us finishing last in the division than first. Though, not really shocked by either.
  12. Deshaun Watson is so bad, man. What an unserious franchise the Browns are.
  13. Bears get bailed out by a weak OPI call on Darren Waller on a touchdown and still give up a touchdown anyway.
  14. I just want to say, I’m not inherently against Yelich being in the lineup. He’s been better over the last couple weeks than the rest of the year, and at least he’s batting 6th. That said, I feel like Vaughn did everything he could this year to prove last year wasn’t fluky. He’s hitting .314 for the season. He gets on base 40% of the time. He has a 137 OPS+. His numbers are nearly identical to his numbers as a Brewer last year with a little less power but a little more OBP. It’s not from just being protected by playing against lefties, either. He has considerably more plate appearances against righties than lefties this season and still has a highly respectable .289/.375/.404/.779 slash line against right handed pitching. The fact that he has 130 less ABs this season than Christian Yelich (and Yelich didn’t even start til May, so the playing time differential is actually considerably more slanted), is just not something I agree with at all.
  15. Seems like something that is probably fixable in the offseason, but probably not fixable in the next few weeks.
  16. He’s got to be tipping his pitches and everyone else has figured it out but us. I can’t think of what else is going on at this point. The velocity and command was the best it’s been in awhile. The 1-2 pitch to Stewart caught a little too much of the plate but other than that the command was pretty good. The 0-1 slurve to Bleday was perfectly located. I don’t know how he hit that aside from just knowing it was coming.
  17. I’m really happy and grateful for the offensive output the last two nights. Having to burn up numerous high leverage arms in a game that we scored 13 runs isn’t acceptable. Guessing Murphy will be a little ticked about it, as he should be.
  18. Would he really be touching 98 tonight if the problem was a dead arm? I don’t think that’s the issue.
  19. I guess at this point, just continue to bring him out of the pen in low leverage situations and see if anything changes over the next 3 weeks. I don’t know what else they can do. You can’t trust Sproat either and you can’t really trust Drohan. Maybe Crow but really, what’s the point. You know he’s not going to be on the playoff roster. The turn of events with the rotation has really got me changing my stance on Woodruff from “the longest of shots” to “I can plausibly see this happening if he can get back in time.”
  20. Did Murph ever end up telling Sal that he loves him more often?
  21. I don’t know who you replace him with but I don’t think you can put Kyle Harrison on the playoff roster. That Woodruff miracle comeback is looking more and more plausible.
  22. The dudes we got from Boston tonight: 1) 3 2/3 IP, 5 earned runs allowed 2) 0 IP, 2 ER, 3 hits 3) 0 for 4, 2 K’s.
  23. Harrison: (literally just walks out to the mound) ”oh my gosh I’m so sweaty”
  24. I think it’s reasonable to have the best record in baseball and still have concerns about the pitching staff heading into the playoffs. We saw in October last year how quickly the bats can go cold. It’s be really nice to be able to count on someone other than just Miz and Henderson in the rotation. May looked really good last night and I hope he can build on that and stack a few good starts together against better teams than the Reds. They could really use it.
  25. From what I saw of Greg Jones this year I’m not sure he could OPS his own weight.
×
×
  • Create New...