A sweep would be sweet. RIP to the Cubs in the division, they’re just hoping to hold onto a WC.
Unfortunately, the Dodgers continue to win and are within 1.5 games. With really very little competition left on their schedule, it may be a daunting task to hold onto the 1 seed.
The good news is, the far more important thing is holding onto a 2 to secure the bye, and while it’s not over, that lead is at a much more comfortable 4.5 games.
Others may disagree, but I see relatively little difference between the 1 and 2 seed this year. The 1 will likely host a Phils/Cubs winner, I’m not sure that’s preferable to hosting one of Braves/D’Backs/Padres.
Something about the 2-3-2 NLCS format makes me not hate being on the road. You’d go into games 1/2 in LA just trying to steal 1 and if you can do that, you flip homefield and get 3 games back here.
If you can push it to games 6/7 back in LA it’s anybody’s series at that point anyway. Maybe I am just rationalizing. But HFA did us no good in the NLCS last year.