Jump to content
Brewer Fanatic

owbc

Community Moderator
  • Posts

    10,249
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    3

 Content Type 

Profiles

Forums

Blogs

Events

News

2026 Milwaukee Brewers Top Prospects Ranking

Milwaukee Brewers Videos

2022 Milwaukee Brewers Draft Picks

Milwaukee Brewers Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

Guides & Resources

2023 Milwaukee Brewers Draft Picks

2024 Milwaukee Brewers Draft Picks

The Milwaukee Brewers Players Project

2025 Milwaukee Brewers Draft Pick Tracker

2026 Milwaukee Brewers Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Store

Downloads

Gallery

Everything posted by owbc

  1. Agreed, I remember we said the same thing about the 2018 run being ahead of schedule. In many ways the 2019 team was better positioned to make a deep playoff run, but that was undone by the exact same thing that happened last night. Every year is different. Based on the comments from players/coaches last night it seemed like they had an especially close clubhouse which may not be the case in 2025. Given their organizational strengths it would be crazy not to predict them to at least secure a wild card again next year, but you never know what will go right/wrong. Maybe more adversity would help, it certainly seems to have helped the Mets. If you want a franchise with a playoff curse, look at our neighbors to the north. They had a 1-21 run in the playoffs prior to 2023 and are now 1-11 in their past 12 playoff series. We're currently on a streak of 6 consecutive postseason series losses. So it could get far, far worse.
  2. This exact thing was on my mind as it was happening. But it wasn't like he was wild like Diaz was, Lindor fought off several tough pitches. Then decent contact on a ground ball that found a hole, but could have easily been a game ending double play. The changeup to Alonso was just a tad high and Alonso was sitting on it. I think he just got beat.
  3. I hope it’s the Padres in the NL.
  4. I have trouble seeing the Reds moving ahead of us but certainly going from a nepotism hire to one of the better managers in the game will net them a few more wins at a minimum.
  5. I wish I hadn't listened to Uecker's call. It sounded like he was close to crying. It sounded like he was realizing that he isn't going to live to see the Brewers win a championship. I think he might be planning on hanging it up...or at least he was if they actually went on a deep run. [Edit--never mind, sounds like he told the team "see you next season"] I want to see them win a pennant more than anything. It's incredible that this franchise has had more success in the last decade than I would have ever dreamed possible and yet they feel as far away as ever. They seem stuck as the third best team in the NL and the current playoff format is brutal to 3 seeds. I think the 6 seed should have to win all 3 games to advance. Giving a division winner a best-of-3 coin toss series is unfair. I guess it could be worse. Now that I live in Seattle, I have the joy of being a Mariners fan as well. Now that is a fanbase that has been tortured to death. If Seattle somehow wins a pennant before Milwaukee, then we'll know we have it bad.
  6. I’m still in shock. Not really mad, just disappointed. That has to be the most painful loss in Brewers history. Especially considering how they had turned the series around, and they were 2 outs away. This franchise is so incredibly well managed at all levels, but it’s a sports team and at the end of the day the players have to go out there and execute. They didn’t. But as long as Attanasio owns this team I know they will be back here again.
  7. I guess we’ll really see what they are made of now. No Diaz so we still have a hope and a prayer.
  8. I assume Williams comes in when Lindor comes up?
  9. I’m still in shock at what we just witnessed
  10. The idea with Freddy is to save the high leverage relievers for the top half of the lineup.
  11. This is starting to remind me of the Mariners/Astros 18 inning 1-0 game from a few years ago. Somebody needs to hit a solo shot to break the ice.
  12. Big response from Myers. Needed that zero.
  13. That explains why he has looked slow on the basepaths.
  14. I told myself that I wouldn't get too emotionally invested unless they made the NLDS, but a couple cracks of the bat last night changed that. I want this game so we can remember this group fondly and I want it because the fans deserve it. The eyes of the baseball world will be on us tonight. Who is going to be the Nyjer Morgan of this team?
  15. Proud of this team. Do it again tomorrow.
  16. I have better stuff to do than watch this, I'll check in later.
  17. The way today is going, it might be up to us to force a game 3, the rest of these series are probably going to be sweeps.
  18. The fans are definitely impatient to say the least. I don't fault the fans, but it's not going to help snap us out of our postseason slump.
  19. Yeah my feeling on the revenue side is that this can only benefit us and potentially narrow the local TC revenue gap between us and others. Manfred is doing a ton behind the scenes, this is a huge deal for the owners.
  20. It will be incremental progress but the sooner the RSN model blows up the better.
  21. Yesterday was the first time they encountered real adversity this season after cruising in first place for 5 1/2 months. They didn't respond well, lost their usual good approach at the plate. We'll see who digs deep today.
  22. Twitter's algorithm fed me Shane Victorino's grand slam to get me in the "mood" for today. That was 16 years ago today apparently.
  23. One team has been fighting for their lives for months and the other team hadn't played a single high stakes game since last October.
×
×
  • Create New...