Jump to content
Brewer Fanatic

owbc

Community Moderator
  • Posts

    10,248
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    3

 Content Type 

Profiles

Forums

Blogs

Events

News

2026 Milwaukee Brewers Top Prospects Ranking

Milwaukee Brewers Videos

2022 Milwaukee Brewers Draft Picks

Milwaukee Brewers Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

Guides & Resources

2023 Milwaukee Brewers Draft Picks

2024 Milwaukee Brewers Draft Picks

The Milwaukee Brewers Players Project

2025 Milwaukee Brewers Draft Pick Tracker

2026 Milwaukee Brewers Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Store

Downloads

Gallery

Everything posted by owbc

  1. It feels like we’re destined to play the Cubs in the division series again which makes me curious to see how our TOR starters look in these games. I’d prefer to give them only one look at Miz/Henderson but it looks like they will be lined up to go against the Cubs again next week. Maybe they can be shortened outings…
  2. I just looked at the schedule for the first time...quite the cupcake schedule other than the ND game which is essentially a glorified exhibition. Two likely nonconference Ws in September, two guaranteed Ls at PSU and Iowa, probably a L to USC at home as well. So that's 2-4, then the other 6 games are all essentially coin flips so 3-3 in those. 5-7 it is unless they manage to show improvement over last year which seems unlikely to me.
  3. It's bad everywhere but I especially feel for people at the entry/junior level. They've mostly been replaced by AI agents. I know a number of unemployed/underemployed smart and talented recent grads who should have employers lining up to hire them and are getting nothing. @LouisEly that really sucks, what an unfair way to go out.
  4. I have no doubt the Angels will eventually be a competent organization but it’s going to take time. They are in bad shape right now, The one thing they have going for them is they have a surprisingly large and loyal fanbase and thrive on being the budget baseball option in LA. They may have a big payroll but Arte was extremely cheap and most aspects of the organization are bottom-5 in MLB.
  5. Heck of an answer from the boys tonight.
  6. In the past this game would be must-see TV but I'll probably forget that it's even happening this weekend.
  7. We’re catching the Cubs on a slump with all our leverage bullpen arms rested, Uribe back, and our top 3 starters going in the series. 2-2 to hold serve will be good enough, my eyes will remain on the first round bye chase. Given the way our fanbase reacts to Cubs games, ideally we take today’s game and can relax a bit after that.
  8. PCA is going to get the Bonds treatment in the playoffs
  9. The Cubs are great at the things Counsell can control. He can’t do anything about their god awful pitching.
  10. Depends which model you believe, I think they might get lucky also but it could easily be a rainout.
  11. I think the Mariners will claim Geno. They currently have Weston Wilson getting regular playing time and poor Brendon Donovan keeps getting injured (the latest one was getting a ball to the head in batting practice).
  12. Superstitious people are saying that he transferred his powers to Cal Raleigh via a butt tap over the weekend.
  13. When you are leading all 2B in baseball with a 5.4 bWAR in August you tend to get a long leash...
  14. Well that should have been a 5 or 6 spot, hopefully it doesn't come back to bite us.
  15. Mitchell is going to be replacing Cooper Pratt in Murph's doghouse.
  16. Other than rain delays, that was probably the longest 5 pitch half-inning in MLB history.
  17. I tuned in late and thought he blew his arm, so I'm actually relieved.
  18. We’re near the top of the league in 3 run HR. We have power, we purposely don’t go for solo HR because they aren’t worth it according to our analytics.
  19. Their pitching is bottom-5 in the league by FIP. Near the top of the league in hitting and defense, but they are going nowhere without pitching.
  20. I think he was highly underrated during the Stearns and Counsell era. In the Arnold/Murphy era people have realized that the guy has built an incredible organization. As OP says, he's gotta raise that trophy to get full credit.
  21. Monasterio and Hamilton are basically a wash, they are having similar seasons with Hamilton providing more defensive value and Montesario hitting better. I disagree with the article, Hamilton is no Joey O but he’s been fine defensively. I don’t think anyone thought Siegler would be worth anything, good for him.
  22. At least this will be a bullpen burner for the Cubs.
  23. The whole “Brewers have no power” narrative is a bunch of baloney anyway. We just don’t waste our time with solo HRs.
×
×
  • Create New...