Jump to content
Brewer Fanatic
Posted
51 minutes ago, yourout said:

Wow.. that's even more than I would have expected.

If you think of it in terms of 50/50 coin flips between evenly matched teams, if Team A wins game 1 then they only need two wins in four games. It is less likely to flip heads on a coin 3 times out of 4 remaining games, in that sense.

68.75% chance of winning two coin tosses with up to four tries.

 

IMG_9621.jpeg

Posted

I'm pretty zen right now about everything and I think it is because I'm still fully expecting the Dodgers to morph into a dragon and run away with it all.

If Atlanta can pull off Game 1 here in a little bit I think I will get a little pit starting in my stomach because odds start swinging our way.

Posted

The only way Yelich playing over Vaughn is if Vaughn is still trying to get back into shape after his illness. It makes zero sense over Sanchez.

  • Like 1
Posted

This is exactly what I was afraid of. Instead of doing the right thing to win we have a manager who wants to be part of the story. He wants us to in the end talk about his smarts and loyalty. It is an affront to every Brewers fan much less player. Now can they win despite Murphy sure but it's gonna be much harder with him than without him. 

  • WHOA SOLVDD 1
Community Moderator
Posted

They are calling the Padres’ bluff on Ray. Good idea. 
 

Ray sucks and is going to be out of the game quickly if we threaten. 

  • Like 2
Posted
9 minutes ago, Bulldogboy said:

This is exactly what I was afraid of. Instead of doing the right thing to win we have a manager who wants to be part of the story. He wants us to in the end talk about his smarts and loyalty. It is an affront to every Brewers fan much less player. Now can they win despite Murphy sure but it's gonna be much harder with him than without him. 

"Let the Murph is a moron takes commence!"

Was I right or was I right?!

103 win and soon to be 3xMOTY we're talking about here I believe. 

  • Like 4
  • WHOA SOLVDD 1
Posted
1 minute ago, owbc said:

They are calling the Padres’ bluff on Ray. Good idea. 
 

Ray sucks and is going to be out of the game quickly if we threaten. 

I agree. High probability we see a right handed pitcher in the third inning.
No sense being stuck with Sanchez the entire game when most of it will be pitched by right handed pitchers.

I like Sanchez and Vaughn off the bench to keep their left-handed pitchers in the pen.

  • Like 2
Posted
2 minutes ago, owbc said:

They are calling the Padres’ bluff on Ray. Good idea. 
 

Ray sucks and is going to be out of the game quickly if we threaten. 

Yeah. I don't think Ray is going deep into this game whatsoever. They'll pull him at the first sign of trouble with King going tomorrow. 

  • Like 1
Verified Member
Posted

I see no reason why the Padres would short start Ray.  He hasn't pitched since the 23rd.  The only reason he would only be in for a couple innings would be if we light him up. he gets hurt or he's in major trouble like 1 run already in and the bases are loaded with less than two outs and they want to bring in someone for a matchup or he's already had a high pitch count in the inning.  

Over 40% of the hits Ray has allowed to right handed batters have gone for extra bases this year.  Vs lefties, it's under 20%.  We're starting 4 lefties, 3 of our first 5 hitters.  Nothing like putting our best foot forward.

  • Like 1
Posted

No Sheets for the Padres. He might only be available as a PH this series. Notable that their worst throwing catcher is starting too in the 20 year old rookie. 

 

Posted
4 minutes ago, trwi7 said:

I see no reason why the Padres would short start Ray.  He hasn't pitched since the 23rd.  The only reason he would only be in for a couple innings would be if we light him up. he gets hurt or he's in major trouble like 1 run already in and the bases are loaded with less than two outs and they want to bring in someone for a matchup or he's already had a high pitch count in the inning.  

Over 40% of the hits Ray has allowed to right handed batters have gone for extra bases this year.  Vs lefties, it's under 20%.  We're starting 4 lefties, 3 of our first 5 hitters.  Nothing like putting our best foot forward.

Because he stinks and they have no other options with Buehler on paternity. That is why. They're not going to surrender this game and leave him in forever.

Now, it's on the Brewers to actually mount threats, but the Padres have no qualms about going to their super pen.  

Posted
19 minutes ago, Brewcrew82 said:

"Let the Murph is a moron takes commence!"

Was I right or was I right?!

103 win and soon to be 3xMOTY we're talking about here I believe. 

I wonder how many games we woulda won if we actually had a good manager?

  • Like 1
  • WHOA SOLVDD 1
  • Love 1
Posted
5 minutes ago, markedman5 said:

They aren’t going to DH Sanchez with no other back up catcher. They can use him in a leverage situation late if situation warrants it.

 

They started Sanchez at DH and Contreras at catcher 22 times this year (only 3 after 9/1), so I doubt they wouldn’t do it in the playoffs.

I’m guessing they don’t believe Ray will be in the game long and want flexibility later.

Posted
22 minutes ago, Brewcrew82 said:

"Let the Murph is a moron takes commence!"

Was I right or was I right?!

103 win and soon to be 3xMOTY we're talking about here I believe. 

Not to argue with you but Pat Murphy and I have the same amount of world series rings. When he takes the lead I will stay quiet on his crazy stuff like hitting his worst player 5th tonight. 

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
The Twins Daily Caretaker Fund
The Brewer Fanatic Caretaker Fund

You all care about this site. The next step is caring for it. We’re asking you to caretake this site so it can remain the premier Brewers community on the internet. Included with caretaking is ad-free browsing of Brewer Fanatic.

×
×
  • Create New...