Jump to content
Brewer Fanatic

owbc

Community Moderator
  • Posts

    10,249
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    3

 Content Type 

Profiles

Forums

Blogs

Events

News

2026 Milwaukee Brewers Top Prospects Ranking

Milwaukee Brewers Videos

2022 Milwaukee Brewers Draft Picks

Milwaukee Brewers Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

Guides & Resources

2023 Milwaukee Brewers Draft Picks

2024 Milwaukee Brewers Draft Picks

The Milwaukee Brewers Players Project

2025 Milwaukee Brewers Draft Pick Tracker

2026 Milwaukee Brewers Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Store

Downloads

Gallery

Everything posted by owbc

  1. We didn't just forget to hit overnight. What did change is that we were placed under a curse by the invisible powers that be. Hopefully they are kind to us and the hex is only a 24 hour one.
  2. Hard to imagine Seattle and Toronto staying below .500 for much longer. I could see the AL having ~8 teams fighting for those wild card spots through September. KC, Detroit, and the Angels seem like they are toast, but every other team in the AL is capable of the 82-85 wins that might be enough to secure WC3.
  3. It's been interesting to watch their load management practices so far this season. Uribe/Megill finally got in last night after a week off, I have a feeling they will happily keep their workload low for as long as they can. They are also winning a large number of games that are throw aways for most teams because of their bullpen depth and in particular guys like Ashby who can hold a small deficit while the offense gets to work.
  4. Injuries are usually the thing that does it, but we've gone .600 with Chourio/Vaughn/Yelich all missing significant time. The Miz and Harrison starts have been near-guaranteed wins, so then they only have to win 1/3 of the time with the other starters to go .600. Can Miz and Harrison continue to dominate like this? Time will tell.
  5. I know I should be mad at him but I've watched that clip 30 times already and it gets funnier every time. Especially the shock reaction of the crowd.
  6. I can't even fathom how much would have to go wrong for the Brewers to finish with 88-89 wins or less.
  7. Sal needs to hit the weight room. 6th percentile bat speed ain’t gonna cut it long term.
  8. The odds of the lockout lasting long enough to reduce the 2027 schedule to less than 162 have to be close to zero. Lot of posturing going on right now but at the end of the day both sides are making record revenue and they won’t do anything to jeopardize that.
  9. I hadn’t seen him in person until today. I’ve never seen anyone make pitching look that easy. With the greats there’s usually some sort of X-factor that sets them apart, with Miz he’s a physical freak with a space cadet mentality that seems to prevent him from feeling any sort of nerves. He’s just out there enjoying himself. He’s like the anti-Randy Johnson personality. I’d like to know what Bill said to him during the mound visit after his velo was down to 98-99 and the Cards got a couple hits. It was almost like Miz got bored after he lost the no-no and Bill had to yell at him to wake up. Suddenly his velo was back up again after that. Then he seemed to want to go 7 and was locked in again.
  10. Yeah the dude has a .793 OPS. I know we give him favorable matchups but the list of players capable of that OPS with sporadic playing time is very, very short. Rengifo…I would give him until the all star break. I won’t defend anything about his performance this year which has been god awful, but depth doesn’t grow on trees and you never know when an injury happens or when Rengifo’s .228 BABIP start regressing to the mean. He’d get snatched up in a second on the waiver wire. But a hypothetical 600-something OPS from Williams with better defense does seem like it would be an upgrade so it won’t be long. I’d just rather not lose the depth.
  11. This wouldn’t be terrible for a centerfielder with plus defense…
  12. If they don’t snap out their funk soon they are going to be in last place.
  13. I know it’s the regular season but the Dodgers aren’t exactly a regular season juggernaut and every loss gets them closer to having to play the wild card series and possibly not being in our way in October.
  14. I don’t think the Brewers ever had any intention of Rengifo making it the whole season on the roster. He was a stopgap signing, it would have been nice if he made it difficult to release him but he didn’t and he won’t be long for this roster. They might try to buy a little more time though, it’s not like we aren’t winning ballgames right now.
  15. Been a while since I’ve seen that bad of breaking pitches in MLB. They were doing nothing.
  16. It starts and ends with Attanasio and Arnold. The organization is stronger than any one individual. Not everyone is replaceable though! If there are FO analysis or coaches that are valuable, we need to pay and promote them. That's where I would spend the money. Same goes for talent on the field -- there are some guys that are worth paying for. Maybe that is Miz or Harrison, maybe it isn't. Depends on the price I'm sure!
  17. I'm in WI this weekend and had been deciding between going to Sunday/Monday game. Ended up buying tickets for Monday because they were like 1/3 the price of Sunday
  18. After an offseason of roster turnover and projections that we would lose 10-15 wins off our 2025 total, our biggest loss was one of our bench utility guys? That's insane. We traded away our #1 starting pitcher and he's having a pretty good season with his new team and somehow our rotation is ranked higher in WAR this year vs. last year (#5 vs. #6 in MLB).
  19. Can't wait to see which team we sucker into giving us prospects for Lockridge this offseason.
  20. .600 win percentage in a season that we were “punting”
  21. I get it but it's always the hypothetical "need an OF, 3B, and SS" but missing names or contracts that we should have signed. Pretty much all of the big FA signings have been meh this year and several teams that went for it have been total flops. Like you say, what we really need is for MLB to do something to stop the Dodgers. We've proven we can get past everyone else in the NL on a good day. I'm of the opinion that if we stick to the current plan the stars will eventually align. Keep getting a 1-2 seed and skipping the wild card round and eventually a favorable path will come together. I think it would have already happened if not for some bad luck in those wild card games/series.
  22. I'll gladly take a "close but no cigar" team if they continue to play at a 95 win pace and finish runners up to a team with a $400 million payroll.
  23. There are only 10 teams in MLB with positive run differentials!
  24. Always remember that markets will remain irrational longer than you will remain solvent.
×
×
  • Create New...