Brewer Fanatic

Game Thread (9/22/2022): Brewers (Woodruff) at Reds (Greene) - 5:40 PM CDT

Eye Black

I think the Brewers have to gain at least one game, if not two or more, this weekend to have a realistic chance of passing the Phillies.  

Although the Phils have 10 road games remaining after this weekend, the first 7 of those games are against the Cubs and Nats. Those aren’t teams you want to be looking to for help. The last 3 are against the Astros who are going to be more interested in getting ready for the playoffs than going all out for wins. 

If the Brewers don’t gain a game this weekend, the Phils magic number to eliminate them would be down to 7, and they could make a big dent in that in their games against the Cubs and Nats. The Brewers would almost have to win out to put pressure on them. 

Note: If I raise something as a POSSIBILITY that does not mean that I EXPECT it to happen.

4 minutes ago, BruisedCrew said:

I think you know what I’m referring to.

There is nothing wrong with what I said!

Let's go Brandon!

Let's go Brandon Woodruff!

Let's go Woodruff!

It all means the same things!

Please don't read any more into it!

Go Brewers!

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, treego14 said:

There is nothing wrong with what I said!

Let's go Brandon!

Let's go Brandon Woodruff!

Let's go Woodruff!

It all means the same things!

Please don't read any more into it!

Go Brewers!

OK. I’m sure it’s pure coincidence that I’ve never seen you post “Let’s Go Corbin” or much of anything else that isn’t followed by a rhyme. 

Note: If I raise something as a POSSIBILITY that does not mean that I EXPECT it to happen.

15 minutes ago, BruisedCrew said:

OK. I’m sure it’s pure coincidence that I’ve never seen you post “Let’s Go Corbin” or much of anything else that isn’t followed by a rhyme. 

I think you're wishin' or fishin' here ... assume the best ... be at rest.  :)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BruisedCrew said:

Look, we all get what you're referring to, but in this case, I think you're making big a deal out of nothing. 

And I'm pretty sure he has posted "Let's Go Corbin", or something along those lines in the past. 

• Like 1

The Cardinals are now four innings into their 5th game without scoring a run in regulation. 

They won 1-0 in 11 innings on Saturday, followed that up with 3 straight shutouts, and are trailing 2-0 in the 4th today. 

Related to that, the Padres have gone through their whole rotation without a starter giving up a run  

17 minutes ago, BruisedCrew said:

The Cardinals are now four innings into their 5th game without scoring a run in regulation. 

They won 1-0 in 11 innings on Saturday, followed that up with 3 straight shutouts, and are trailing 2-0 in the 4th today. 

Related to that, the Padres have gone through their whole rotation without a starter giving up a run  

Good jinx job

9 hours ago, treego14 said:

Let's Go Brandon

I'm gonna let that slide in the interest of Brewer unity. 😁

Also.... posts from my phone are likely to be incomprehensible or easily misconstrued due to various factors.

Edited by Nola Beery

12 minutes ago, Brewcrew82 said:

We sure know how to hit dingers against Greene. 

Greene was giving up a lot of homers the first 2ish months of the season to everybody, but he's been much better since then averaging about 1.5 HR/9IP.