Brewer Fanatic

Hunter Renfroe to Angels for 3 pitchers

Verified Member

Can any of them catch?

• WHOA SOLVDD 1

Posted: July 10, 2014, 12:30 AM

PrinceFielderx1 Said:

If the Brewers don't win the division I should be banned. However, they will.

Last visited: September 03, 2014, 7:10 PM

Verified Member

What is this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Traded our most productive hitter... We better be signing a big bat!

Like what are we doing??????? First Hader trade and now this, really isnt speaking volumes of wanting to compete... My god the NL Central is so winnable!

Edited by Team Canada
Cuss filter

Verified Member
2 minutes ago, titletownking said:

“Not about payroll” “dealing from a position of strength” huh? You just traded your best bat last year for peanuts. It was 100% about payroll you lying dufus 

Yep for sure... Hader trade was just the start on them showing the fans they dont plan to compete.

Just blow it up, trade Burnes and Woodruff as well... My god this FO.

Just now, ntretts said:

Man, they must really believe in the AAA outfield. Makes me wonder if Wong might be next to clear room for Turang (and save money, which is most important)

That’s what I was going to say. Money dump and Wong to Mariners is probably pending.  I’m surprised they didn’t try to get a lottery ticket like we did with Peralta.  

The Brewers have a slew of OFs in AAA ready to make an impact in the Majors. Opening up ABs for them while dealing away a guy with 1 year left of control and acquiring 3 young pitchers seems like a solid move

• Like 8
  • WHOA SOLVDD 1

Verified Member
1 minute ago, ntretts said:

Man, they must really believe in the AAA outfield. Makes me wonder if Wong might be next to clear room for Turang (and save money, which is most important)

Going with Frelick, Mitchell and Weimer as our 23 OD OF, god they better hope every single one of these dudes can hit... Otherwise what a mistake, when we can win the division.

This trade is largely about creating space for our young outfield prospects imo. Mitchell has already arrived. Frelick will likely be on the opening day roster, and I wouldn't be surprised if Ruiz is as well. Meanwhile, Wiemer should factor in around mid-season, with Chourio ascending rapidly behind him.

It also clears payroll space to provide flexibility for other acquisitions. Potentially a right-handed power-bat, late inning relief, and starting pitching depth.

Sucks that we had to part with our best hitter from last year statistically, but at, $11 mil., Renfroe didn't have much positive value. 

• Like 6

He's gone in a year anyway. He hit .255 for the year, .231 in September when we really needed him. He has streaky power, and a great arm in right field. Bottom line: he's replaceable for less money. If we get lucky, maybe one of those three arms develops into needed help in the pen.

• Like 2

Verified Member

Team: we've just traded hader at the deadline

Fans: "don't trade during the season!!"

Team: we've just traded renfroe in the off season

Fans: "just don't trade ever!"

• Like 4
  • WHOA SOLVDD 4

Posted: July 10, 2014, 12:30 AM

PrinceFielderx1 Said:

If the Brewers don't win the division I should be banned. However, they will.

Last visited: September 03, 2014, 7:10 PM

3 minutes ago, DR28 said:

Going with Frelick, Mitchell and Weimer as our 23 OD OF, god they better hope every single one of these dudes can hit... Otherwise what a mistake, when we can win the division.

They almost certainly won't be going with that as our opening day outfield. Most likely, Yelich will remain in LF and Taylor, Mitchell, Frelick, and (maybe?) Ruiz will take up the rest of the OF at-bats.

FWIW, Frelick has a 70 grade hit tool. He can hit. And he doesn't strike out like Hiura did. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Brewcrew82 said:

They almost certainly won't be going with that as our opening day outfield. Most likely, Yelich will remain in LF and Taylor, Mitchell, Frelick, and (maybe?) Ruiz will take up the rest of the OF at-bats.

FWIW, Frelick has a 70 grade hit tool. He can hit. And he doesn't strike out like Hiura did. 

Frelick was drafted in 2021. Are there serious expectations that he'll be in the bigs in 2023?

2 minutes ago, michael1960 said:

Frelick was drafted in 2021. Are there serious expectations that he'll be in the bigs in 2023?

Yes……he tore up AAA last season…….no reason to think he won’t be in the majors next season.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, michael1960 said:

Yes. He's ready. He was drafted as an advanced college bat with the ability to move quickly through the minors. He just hit .365/.435/.508 in AAA with 19 BBs and 16 Ks. Has one of the best hit tools (if not the best hit tool) in the minors. 

• Like 3