Jump to content
Brewer Fanatic
Posted
18 minutes ago, BrewCrew8675309 said:

Fischer has a MUCH better chance than Wilken or LAdams

Fischer has less than 100 at bats in A ball. It would be amazing if he hits AAA this season.

Posted
14 hours ago, pitchleague said:

I like how members are calling out other members for their bold predictions, which is the purpose of this thread.  It's supposed to just be some fun.

Exactly, it is like criticizing somebody for being positive in the optimism thread.

I will go with Brice Turang making one more quantum leap and becoming MVP in 2026.

Posted

With this team, 'twould be bolder to predict less-than-ideal outcomes.

Collins and Durbin were instrumental last season with their ability to keep the line moving. Can Rengifo/Hamilton and Mitchell/Perkins have that same effect? I'm dubious.

Fortunately, I'm expecting huge seasons from Contreras and Chourio. Those guys need no protection in the lineup to provide offense, and they are both at career stages where expecting big seasons makes sense.

It's also fortunate to have a comparative cornucopia brimming with pitching and defense, which will allow them to be in nearly every game.

I think they take advantage of a soft early schedule and will have a 3-game cushion on May 8th, when they'll welcome Aaron Judge to town.

Verified Member
Posted
13 hours ago, wallus said:

Fischer has less than 100 at bats in A ball. It would be amazing if he hits AAA this season.

He'll hit AAA for certain, I'd even say by midseason...

  • Like 1
"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS
Posted
22 hours ago, pitchleague said:

I like how members are calling out other members for their bold predictions, which is the purpose of this thread.  It's supposed to just be some fun.

Maybe that should be blue.  Maybe not.

Maybe this post you are reading right now should be in the "What's Bugging You" thread.

I agree with this completely.

"Go ahead. Try to disagree with me. I dare you." Jeffrey Leonard.

Posted

#1. Garrett Mitchell stays healthy, plays great defense and posts an .800 OPS vs RHP

#2. Jett Williams ends up with nearly identical numbers to Caleb Durbin a year ago but does so between SS & CF.  His versatility creates a unique platoon between Garrett Mitchell & Joey Ortiz with Jett playing SS against RHP and CF against LHP.

#3. Jesus Made destroys AA & AAA pitching and forces his way to Milwaukee a few weeks before the deadline.  He takes the 3B job and runs with it.

#4. Brock Wilken makes the postseason roster and starts at DH when we face LHP

#5. With a loaded roster & farm system, the only move we make at the deadline is trading bottom of the roster players like Luis Rengifo & Rob Zastryzny for a low level prospect(s).

#6. Our top 13 pitchers all post an ERA+ over 100 and we finish with the best team ERA in the entire league. 

#7. We win the World Series with the deepest roster we've ever had in Milwaukee!

  • WHOA SOLVDD 1
  • Love 2
Posted (edited)

The pitching staff makes it through Spring Training without a significant injury.

Sproat is an Opening week SP who lays claim to a top 2 RoY.

Edited by brewcrewdue80
Phoned
  • 1 month later...
Posted
On 2/14/2026 at 12:27 PM, wallus said:

Fischer has less than 100 at bats in A ball. It would be amazing if he hits AAA this season.

I was not disappointed by his Italian job results...I am just saying...

  • 6 months later...
Community Moderator
Posted
On 2/13/2026 at 1:05 PM, owbc said:

They win 100 games. 

They have a better Opening Day roster than 2025 and a ridiculous supply of near-MLB ready young talent to fold in as the season progresses. 

They do it by being #1 in MLB in run prevention. They come into 2026 with more pitching depth, a better bullpen, and better defense than 2025. 

They won't quite match their offensive output from 2025, but they will get close enough to improve as a whole. 

[disclaimer: I would officially project them for low-90s wins, there was definitely some luck involved in last year's win total and I worry about having worse injury luck. But I think 100 wins is their ceiling.]
 

bump 😜

  • Like 4
  • Love 4
Community Moderator
Posted
6 minutes ago, wallus said:

I remember getting mocked when I said this team may be better than 2025.

Everybody knew they were far better than 2025 on Opening Day, the concern was that the summer hot streak from 2025 couldn’t be repeated. 

Turns out that concern was correct, but when you’re consistently good for all 6 months it adds up to more total wins. 

Posted
On 2/14/2026 at 6:55 PM, Platoon Power said:

#1. Garrett Mitchell stays healthy, plays great defense and posts an .800 OPS vs RHP

He's at .801 with 3 games to go!

 

  • Like 1
Posted
21 hours ago, Playing Catch said:

Can one imagine predicting 100 wins w/o a 6-game win streak? The Brewers consistent excellence this season has been a marvel.

Never been done. As you can imagine, a team having a bigger losing streak than winning streak to win 100+ games has also never been done. (Brewers lost 6 games in a row in April).

  • WHOA SOLVDD 1
Posted
On 2/12/2026 at 4:43 PM, wiguy94 said:

David Hamilton puts up between 2-3 WAR as a strong side platoon infielder at 3B (or 2B if Turang shifts to SS)

Well I whiffed on this one though he's at 1.7 bWAR (don't look at the fWAR)

Posted
On 2/13/2026 at 5:22 AM, Lathund said:

Perhaps not super bold but..

- Brewers will lead the majors in ERA. Rotation and bullpen both. 

- Joey Ortiz will look much more like his 2024 form and will be a 3 WAR player. 

- A prospect not on the 40-man yet (Brock Wilken most likely. Possibly Fischer or Adams) will man 3B by some time midseason

- Jake Bauers will be the Brewers best first baseman in 2026. 

- Anthony Seigler will have a higher wRC+ than Caleb Durbin in 2026. 

- Brewers will have multiple reliever of the year candidates, with at least two Brewers relievers getting points in the Cy Young voting. If I wanted to be really bold I'd say it's Angel Zerpa and Aaron Ashby. 

And one that I don't consider bold: Looking at the season as a whole, 3B won't be a major weakness. Might not be a strength either, but as we summarize the season, it won't be viewed as the reason we didn't beat the Dodgers in the NLCS. 

Nice job on your predictions! A couple look pretty good.  Ortiz's fWAR is 2.9.

You were not bold enough on Bauers.  He is the NL's best first baseman in 2026.

Who would have guessed that Seigler would have a higher wRC+ (102) over Durbin (100), just not for the Brewers.  The Brewers were smart to get value out of Durbin.  He ended up being equivalent to Ortiz and that made room for Pratt who has looked fantastic.

 

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
The Twins Daily Caretaker Fund
The Brewer Fanatic Caretaker Fund

You all care about this site. The next step is caring for it. We’re asking you to caretake this site so it can remain the premier Brewers community on the internet. Included with caretaking is ad-free browsing of Brewer Fanatic.

×
×
  • Create New...