Jump to content
Brewer Fanatic
  • Replies 935
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Posted
40 minutes ago, BCF said:

 

 

Padres were getting lucky most of the game until the 9th. I think they had like 3 balls over 100 mph EV all night while Brewers had over 9

Yup, said last night I hated all the talk of Padres getting unlucky, then saying how they couldnt get that "one big hit with RISP" as if luck played no role in runners being in scoring position in the first place.

Seemed like a game the Brewers were gonna get singled out in, and still found a way to win, but alot of pundits are acting like the Pads should have won by 5

 

Posted
4 hours ago, Brock Beauchamp said:

I get to actually watch this game, let's go!

I have private music lessons to teach between 2-6, with a break from 4-4:30, so I'll miss much of it. :-(

  • Sad 2
  • WHOA SOLVDD 1
Community Moderator
Posted
45 minutes ago, Branyanisthegoat said:

Yup, said last night I hated all the talk of Padres getting unlucky, then saying how they couldnt get that "one big hit with RISP" as if luck played no role in runners being in scoring position in the first place.

Seemed like a game the Brewers were gonna get singled out in, and still found a way to win, but alot of pundits are acting like the Pads should have won by 5

 

We got unlucky more than they did with all the line drives that found gloves. They had a bunch of weak contact or Ks with RISP.

Posted

I expect Joey subs for defense if the game is at all close.

Doesn't mean Hamilton can't hurt them defensively (I might have Jerry Hairston flashbacks every time the ball gets near him), but it mitigates things somewhat.

Frelick being in makes perfect sense.

Any word on whether MLB has decided to open the roof? I had heard, in previous years, that they prioritize consistency in playoff series (and we have seen that over the years). I'd be surprised if it's open.

 

Posted
13 minutes ago, Devinep said:

Hamilton over Ortiz is brutal

I think left-handed Hamilton was starting either way. I figured it would be over Pratt though. Both Pratt and Ortiz had poor days at the plate.

Posted
12 minutes ago, RobertCrawley said:

Joey Bats looked terrible at the plate yesterday. Maybe a day off gets him right.

He has reverted to chasing out of the zone. He’s 2-34 in his playoff career. I would still prefer Joey however he’s been bad recently.

  • Like 1
Posted
14 minutes ago, RobertCrawley said:

Joey Bats looked terrible at the plate yesterday. Maybe a day off gets him right.

I actually think the week long layoff really hurt him

  • Like 1
Posted
1 minute ago, Frisbee Slider said:

I think left-handed Hamilton was starting either way. I figured it would be over Pratt though. Both Pratt and Ortiz had poor days at the plate.

They Did yes. But I’d hope they look at more than just yesterday to decide who plays 

Posted
14 minutes ago, RobertCrawley said:

Joey Bats looked terrible at the plate yesterday. Maybe a day off gets him right.

Hey, Robert, are you in or near Milwaukee by chance today?  I've got 4 (nosebleed) seats I got for my brother's family, to give away.  My niece got sick so they're not going to use them.  They're yours if you can use them

Posted
1 minute ago, Frisbee Slider said:

I think left-handed Hamilton was starting either way. I figured it would be over Pratt though. Both Pratt and Ortiz had poor days at the plate.

Hamilton coming in for one of Pratt or Ortiz was almost expected.

Fewer moving parts by going Hamilton for Ortiz at 3B. Keep Pratt at SS; don't have shift Ortiz to think about both SS defense and what he's doing at the plate. Can always bring Ortiz in to sub for Hamilton later in the game.

  • Like 1
Posted
Just now, Just Some Guy said:

Hey, Robert, are you in or near Milwaukee by chance today?  I've got 4 (nosebleed) seats I got for my brother's family, to give away.  My niece got sick so they're not going to use them.  They're yours if you can use them

Wow, what a great offer! But I've got a lot going on today. Thanks just the same!!

  • Like 1
Posted
1 minute ago, ReverendBrewmeister said:

Hamilton coming in for one of Pratt or Ortiz was almost expected.

Fewer moving parts by going Hamilton for Ortiz at 3B. Keep Pratt at SS; don't have shift Ortiz to think about both SS defense and what he's doing at the plate. Can always bring Ortiz in to sub for Hamilton later in the game.

Pratt's defense was solid. Maybe he gets some good advice on swinging only at pitches in the zone.

  • Like 1
Posted

EDIT:  I tried to give away tickets here but now I have to leave so I guess it didn't work out.  

If you've got SRO's and would rather sit, there won't be any butts in seats 1-4, section 425, row 17.

image.png

  • Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
The Twins Daily Caretaker Fund
The Brewer Fanatic Caretaker Fund

You all care about this site. The next step is caring for it. We’re asking you to caretake this site so it can remain the premier Brewers community on the internet. Included with caretaking is ad-free browsing of Brewer Fanatic.

×
×
  • Create New...