Jump to content
Brewer Fanatic
Posted
14 minutes ago, Just Some Guy said:

I've got 4 free tickets to the game today for anyone who can use them.

Downsides:  game starts in less than 2 hours and the seats are pretty far back, Bob Uecker style, Section 425, row 17, pic below. 

Upsides:  they're free and they're isolated and alone.  I'm in a completely different section so you don't have to worry about meeting me.  I know that sounds weird but I've done this before giving away concert tics and for reasons I can't quite put my finger on, there's awkwardness if the person's sitting right next to you.  Not the case here,..

First person to post their ballpark app email's got 4 tics on the way: 

image.png.ed8715f8c891960eb8662de6fc1f1ac2.png

 

If I lived in Milwaukee, I would definitely take up the offer. I'm down in North Carolina in Warbird Country.

  • Like 1

 ✝️ Joshua 1:9 ✝️, NC, Diehart Mudcats 👉 Warbirds fan, Unashamed of the Gospel!!!

 

Posted
3 minutes ago, WilsonFanInWakeCoNC said:

 

If I lived in Milwaukee, I would definitely take up the offer. I'm down in North Carolina in Warbird Country.

I'm in Houston. Watching last night made me really wish I could be there. It was nice and loud!!!

  • Like 1
Posted
6 minutes ago, craigharmann said:

I'm in Houston. Watching last night made me really wish I could be there. It was nice and loud!!!

I'm heading to Houston in 2029 for a nationwide Nazarene Church conference at the Toyota Center, looking forward to visiting. 

 ✝️ Joshua 1:9 ✝️, NC, Diehart Mudcats 👉 Warbirds fan, Unashamed of the Gospel!!!

 

Posted
2 hours ago, Branyanisthegoat said:

Yup, said last night I hated all the talk of Padres getting unlucky, then saying how they couldnt get that "one big hit with RISP" as if luck played no role in runners being in scoring position in the first place.

Seemed like a game the Brewers were gonna get singled out in, and still found a way to win, but alot of pundits are acting like the Pads should have won by 5

 

If Bauers doesn't bobble the ball hit by Cronenworth, it looks like an easy out at home & the Contreras HR is an insurance run.

IMO the Pads biggest piece of bad luck was the ball France hit staying in play & still being caught. Forget the "It should've been a HR" nonsense. After the carom that ball could've gone ANYWHERE, and it went right to where Chourio was standing. Seven hits for Milwaukee, and it could've easily been ten or eleven. I'll take the carom right to Chourio as payback, thank you very much.

  • Like 1
Posted

I feel like the ‘probably a foul ball’ and statistically (EV and LA) not likely to be a home run elements have been understated in most news stories.

I’m curious if the telecast today solely focuses on the ‘possible HR’ part of the story.

  • Like 2
Posted
26 minutes ago, Frisbee Slider said:

Worth remembering that Ortiz might still be recovering from late September groin, knee and oblique injuries, too.

https://www.mlb.com/news/joey-ortiz-undergoes-mri-for-knee-injury

Yep. I'm guessing Ortiz is not 100%. If he was, I'd have him playing 3B today despite how poor he looked at the plate in game one.

Given his #s vs King, Frelick starting is not a surprise. And I'm looking for a 'deep breath, reset' day today for Pratt. He was not himself at the plate yesterday.

  • Like 2
Posted
Just now, Frisbee Slider said:

I feel like the ‘probably a foul ball’ and statistically (EV and LA) not likely to be a home run elements have been understated in most news stories.

I’m curious if the telecast today solely focuses on the ‘possible HR’ part of the story.

Last night I was in section 215 which looks straight down the left field line.  I had a perfect view of the would-be homerun -- better than any camera replay I've seen -- and before it hit the cable, that ball was hooking foul.

Everything was so easy to see from where I was that me and the people around me couldn't understand all the confusion and delays.  It would've been gone, but foul, and I'm not just guessing on that.

  • Like 2
Posted
27 minutes ago, craigharmann said:

I'm in Houston. Watching last night made me really wish I could be there. It was nice and loud!!!

I’m in Minneapolis driving to Hudson Wisconsin to watch the rest of the Packers and then the Brewers.

Posted
1 minute ago, baseball101 said:

I’m in Minneapolis driving to Hudson Wisconsin to watch the rest of the Packers and then the Brewers.

The Pack look better today.

  • Like 1
Posted

Cool, cool.  I tried to give away some tics for today on a last minute cancellation, but I couldn't find any takers.  Now I've got to go but for anyone w/ SRO seats who'd rather sit, I know for sure there won't be any butts in seats 1-4, section 425, row 17, so have at them, if you like.

LET'S GO WIN GAME TWO!!!!!!!

  • Like 2
Posted
3 minutes ago, Frisbee Slider said:

I feel like the ‘probably a foul ball’ and statistically (EV and LA) not likely to be a home run elements have been understated in most news stories.

I’m curious if the telecast today solely focuses on the ‘possible HR’ part of the story.

Apparently the roof is open. I wouldn't be surprised if the clownshow behind the mics paint that as something along the lines of "See? SEE? They admitted their mistake & opened it up today!!!!! A day too late for the Padres, though!!!" When national guys see a story, even a potential one, they ride the horse into the ground. And when the horse dies, they continue to go to the whip, just in case there's still something there.

I can't begin to imagine what it would be like had it been Machado or Tatis hitting the roof.

  • Like 1
Community Moderator
Posted

Got game 4 tickets. Hope I won’t need to use them. Hoping that a 2-0 series lead gets the game 3 prices to drop :) 

Posted

II’m feeling pretty old today. Did not get out of the parking lot til after midnight, and got home to Madison at 1:45. Because I got there so early (5:15), I was in the front row of the parking section and had a curb in front of me, so backing out of the spot was my only option, and no one behind me was moving. I just shut it down and listened to the post-game.

What a great crowd! Great night.

The wait during Cable-gate was excruciating. We didn’t know what was going on, or what options were on the table.

Go Brewers! I’m in attendance again today. Park is buzzing


 

  • Love 2

"Go ahead. Try to disagree with me. I dare you." Jeffrey Leonard.

Posted
36 minutes ago, Just Some Guy said:

Cool, cool.  I tried to give away some tics for today on a last minute cancellation, but I couldn't find any takers.  Now I've got to go but for anyone w/ SRO seats who'd rather sit, I know for sure there won't be any butts in seats 1-4, section 425, row 17, so have at them, if you like.

LET'S GO WIN GAME TWO!!!!!!!

If it makes you feel better or worse, I probably would have accepted them with a couple more hour additional notice. I’m sure our entire forum community appreciates the generosity. 🙂

Posted
8 hours ago, Frisbee Slider said:

King is right handed, so no Vaughn, obviously.

In the playoffs you have to expect shorter starts, and I think the Brewers were expecting a short start by Ray yesterday, which is likely why Yeli got the start yesterday.  In the playoffs, it's about positioning yourself for the relievers as much if not more than the starters.

Posted
2 minutes ago, LouisEly said:

In the playoffs you have to expect shorter starts, and I think the Brewers were expecting a short start by Ray yesterday, which is likely why Yeli got the start yesterday.  In the playoffs, it's about positioning yourself for the relievers as much if not more than the starters.

I completely agree. The blue font meant tongue in cheek but you are absolutely right.

Posted
3 minutes ago, Frisbee Slider said:

A-Rod, Ortiz and Jeter all predict lots of runs for Padres today. 🙂

They must believe we only have one decent starter.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
The Twins Daily Caretaker Fund
The Brewer Fanatic Caretaker Fund

You all care about this site. The next step is caring for it. We’re asking you to caretake this site so it can remain the premier Brewers community on the internet. Included with caretaking is ad-free browsing of Brewer Fanatic.

×
×
  • Create New...