Jump to content
Brewer Fanatic
  • Replies 919
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Posted
Just now, CheezWizHed said:

The one where we have a comeback after looking overmatched? 

I'm talking about past seasons' postseasons.

Posted

Guys that ball (called a strike to Mitchell) was like 0.01 inches off the plate. This ump has been bad today…but acting like that was some obvious challenge is a bit crazy.

Posted
Just now, BrewerFan said:

The Brewers have their whole... "when to challenge," 

They do?? I’ve never seen evidence of any such system, 

Community Moderator
Posted
1 minute ago, Pugger said:

I'm talking about past seasons' postseasons.

Just like the stock market, past performance is not an indication of future performance.  Some days you just gotta believe.  A team doesn't win 103 games by giving up. 

  • Like 1
  • Love 1

"Rock, sometime, when the team is up against it, and the breaks are beating the boys, tell 'em to go out there with all they got and win just one for the Uecker. I don't know where I'll be then, Rock but I'll know about it; and I'll be happy."

Community Moderator
Posted
Just now, adambr2 said:

Would have been great to get back square, but at least they’re on the board. 

Great to turn the lineup over 

  • Like 2
Posted
10 minutes ago, CheezWizHed said:

Frustrating yes... but I'm closer to giving up on this IGT than the Brewers.  My goodness you guys give up easily... 

you must not follow IGTs during the season. Lots of mopes. 

Verified Member
Posted

Two really good teams means you can’t be on top all of the time sometimes it’s just battling to stay in the game 

  • Like 1
Posted
2 minutes ago, adambr2 said:

They do?? I’ve never seen evidence of any such system, 

Yes, they do. They hung cards in STing on when was a good time to challenge and when not to for their hitters(Green for good time, Red for... bad obviously). 

Still left it up to the hitters obviously IF it was a ball/strike, but what situations, they mostly decided. They talked about what situations to use it... 

.

Posted
6 minutes ago, adambr2 said:

I crap on Sal a lot so I owe him an acknowledgment for that one — massive 2 out hit. 

We all have one guy. You love Lara and I don’t see it with him. Let’s get a W today!

Verified Member
Posted
1 minute ago, baseball101 said:

you must not follow IGTs during the season. Lots of mopes. 

This entire season series with the Padres were close games also for the most part. Padres are a tough matchup 

Posted
1 minute ago, baseball101 said:

We all have one guy. You love Lara and I don’t see it with him. Let’s get a W today!

But I do acknowledge when “not my guy” does something and don’t just say “oh he just took 4 balls, he didn’t have to even do anything” ;)

Posted
2 minutes ago, CheezWizHed said:

Just like the stock market, past performance is not an indication of future performance.  Some days you just gotta believe.  A team doesn't win 103 games by giving up. 

 

2 minutes ago, baseball101 said:

you must not follow IGTs during the season. Lots of mopes. 

Yeah... this is true. Negativity is... magnified. 

I hate it... but I get people really want to see a WS, but I'm less active for that reason. This stuff makes me too damn... stressed out.

.

Posted
1 minute ago, BCF said:

This entire season series with the Padres were close games also for the most part. Padres are a tough matchup 

They are the same team as the Brewers but with more power.  They’re damn good. 

Posted
2 minutes ago, baseball101 said:

We all have one guy. You love Lara and I don’t see it with him. Let’s get a W today!

Really? Lara?

Well... I just don't get that. I like both. Frelick is a gamer(kinda overused term, but you get it). 

But Lara is our future CFer and has good ABs. 

.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
The Twins Daily Caretaker Fund
The Brewer Fanatic Caretaker Fund

You all care about this site. The next step is caring for it. We’re asking you to caretake this site so it can remain the premier Brewers community on the internet. Included with caretaking is ad-free browsing of Brewer Fanatic.

×
×
  • Create New...