Jump to content
Brewer Fanatic
Posted
5 hours ago, baseball101 said:

Same guy compared Chourio to Tyrone Taylor 😂

Aren't you the guy who said Patrick had to be on the roster because we really  needed him? Lol. Baseball 101 is kinda ironic 🤔 

  • Disagree 1
Posted
5 hours ago, Pugger said:

The problem with these letters is lot of the kids and new guys don't have a connection with Uke.

Exactly. I'm sure Pratt is like who's this?

Posted
5 hours ago, BrewerFan said:

Having his KIDS with him makes you NOT like him?

What's your nightmare, a bunch of puppies? 

Kids should not be sitting and answering reporters questions at mlb press conferences imo. If you think it's cute and fun that's cool. For me it's unprofessional and puts the reporters in a tough spot. Unless you want to grill a guy about his decisions in front of his children. 

Posted

I haven’t been able to follow the last two nights because I had to be up real early but you brought it home

i love the in game threads because i can page through them and get a sense of what happened.   
 

I will give me thoughts in the brewers dodgers later.   But I do have one early key.  If we can get up 6-0 in every game we play next week i will guarantee a word series

Posted

I am sure all the current Brewers are familiar with Uecker and his history here. 

With that said if it were me I’d probably retire the Uecker stuff after this season and just let the man rest in peace.

By all means if we win a World Series you’re going to call back to his legacy. But we don’t need to keep doing it after every big win. 

Posted
5 hours ago, baseball101 said:

Same guy compared Chourio to Tyrone Taylor 😂

I was wondering when you were going to claim that from back in June again.  😆 

Posted
3 minutes ago, adambr2 said:

I am sure all the current Brewers are familiar with Uecker and his history here. 

With that said if it were me I’d probably retire the Uecker stuff after this season and just let the man rest in peace.

By all means if we win a World Series you’re going to call back to his legacy. But we don’t need to keep doing it after every big win. 

Agreed. There is a way to do a here's to Uke type thing but the letter is forced for sure.

Posted
5 hours ago, greenlawler said:

Jeter on the postgame calls us the most complete team, watch him pick the Dodgers in 5

Well, they won in 4 last year. 

Not to say that’s going to happen again this year! But I can understand why the Dodgers have the benefit of the doubt right now, it’s up to us to change it. 

  • Like 1
Posted
5 minutes ago, Bulldogboy said:

I was wondering when you were going to claim that from back in June again.  😆 

Like the Uecker letter, I wish we could stop bringing this up.  

  • Like 1
Brewer Fanatic Contributor
Posted

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

 

  • Like 2
  • WHOA SOLVDD 4
"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006
Posted
11 minutes ago, willie key said:

Did the brewers do a celebration or are we saving that for world series 

Oh they celebrated 

and Bobby smokin' a fat one

 

  • Like 1
  • Love 1
Posted
43 minutes ago, StearnsFTW said:

Do you actually think this or is the some stupid hyperbole?

Do you think Cooper Pratt who has been here for 15 minutes is getting teary eyed in the clubhouse thinking about Uke? 😆 

Posted
5 minutes ago, Bulldogboy said:

Do you think Cooper Pratt who has been here for 15 minutes is getting teary eyed in the clubhouse thinking about Uke? 😆 

Not what you said, but whatever. 

 

I believe that Cooper Pratt is aware of the existence of Bob Uecker (what you said, which is why I asked if it was hyperbole), and more importantly, to understand his connection to a great many players, coaches, fans, ownership, etc, including many people he looks up to and respects.

 

Hokey?  Yeah, a little bit.

 

Pardon me if I trust Pat Murphy to understand better than a bunch of mopes on a message board what it takes to lead young men.

  • Like 4
  • Love 1
Posted

"But I do have one early key.  If we can get up 6-0 in every game we play next week i will guarantee a word series"

I think we rename the IGTs to "word series". Best typo of the year.

(Edited because my quoting was all messed up.)

  • Like 1

"Go ahead. Try to disagree with me. I dare you." Jeffrey Leonard.

Posted
24 minutes ago, StearnsFTW said:

Not what you said, but whatever. 

 

I believe that Cooper Pratt is aware of the existence of Bob Uecker (what you said, which is why I asked if it was hyperbole), and more importantly, to understand his connection to a great many players, coaches, fans, ownership, etc, including many people he looks up to and respects.

 

Hokey?  Yeah, a little bit.

 

Pardon me if I trust Pat Murphy to understand better than a bunch of mopes on a message board what it takes to lead young men.

Let me hand you a tissue my man. I love Uke as much as the next guy but like others have said the longer he's been gone the more the letter effect wears off. At least save it for when you actually win it all. Hokey? A lot a bit.

Verified Member
Posted

Man people really can’t celebrate the fact that they won and need something to complain about lmao

  • Like 7
  • WHOA SOLVDD 1
Brewer Fanatic Contributor
Posted
10 minutes ago, baseball101 said:

I am not claiming it. You literally said it. It has life through the end of the season. That is how insane that take was.

It has life because you've made 11 posts about it since the beginning of Sept. Let it go.

There is no need for anyone to reply to this post. Just move on.

"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006
Brewer Fanatic Contributor
Posted

Jeez, Brewers get to the NLCS and some of you....sheesh. 

"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006
Posted
7 hours ago, Pugger said:

The problem with these letters is lot of the kids and new guys don't have a connection with Uke.

That’s not a problem. It’s a way of keeping a culture alive and bringing new people in. It’s kind of the whole point. 

  • Like 2
  • Love 1
Posted

To erase the past a bit, I don’t mind that we face the Dodgers. I just figured Atlanta would do a better job at home to tax the LA lineup and pen. Oh well.

I do love how Frelick has been a major force in the postseason. Experience matters- as Pratt’s errors can attest

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
The Twins Daily Caretaker Fund
The Brewer Fanatic Caretaker Fund

You all care about this site. The next step is caring for it. We’re asking you to caretake this site so it can remain the premier Brewers community on the internet. Included with caretaking is ad-free browsing of Brewer Fanatic.

×
×
  • Create New...