Jump to content
Brewer Fanatic
Posted
1 minute ago, Devinep said:

I think you don’t be afraid to go to Lara if Mitchell keeps looking lost, especially vs a lefty

and vaughn for Bauers.  They set this up better for the LHP pitcher than they had last night.  

Posted

I get being upset Vaughn isn’t getting ABs.

But Lara? Dude was horrible this year and was especially awful the last month of the season. He had a .446 OPS in September. He had 1 multi-hit game in September and 1 extra base hit. For reference, Mitchell has a .432 OPS in this series.

Just really no reason to make that move over 13 PAs. Mitchell is the right call.

Posted
3 minutes ago, ImissDougMelvin said:

 

I guess I could see it if you get into the 7th or so and you have Tatis, Machado and France as 3 of the 4(likely with Merrill in there)...

But I don't really like that unless you have the lead. We CAN come back. We've proven that and we were SO damn close to doing it again last night, but we can't rely on that. We have to have good ABs early and put pressure on SD. 

I'd also love to see an opener for Gasser, but... that's just me. 

.

Posted
1 hour ago, OldSchoolSnapper said:

I can't believe this game is still 4.5 hours away. I am out by 10pm most nights and really feeling last night's binge. 

Well gramps just take a nap during the day so you are all rested!

Posted
2 minutes ago, BrewerFan said:

I guess I could see it if you get into the 7th or so and you have Tatis, Machado and France as 3 of the 4(likely with Merrill in there)...

But I don't really like that unless you have the lead. We CAN come back. We've proven that and we were SO damn close to doing it again last night, but we can't rely on that. We have to have good ABs early and put pressure on SD. 

I'd also love to see an opener for Gasser, but... that's just me. 

Extra innings maybe? Since you’d have already burned anyone else high leverage.

That or if we had a sizable lead. I mean, why not right? 

  • Like 1
Posted
1 hour ago, Opening Day said:

Yeah, i obviously don't want to play a game 5.  But Im sure the odds say the Brewers have a better shot in a game 5 than tonight.  Cy winner at home is a pretty good combo.  So its far from over if they lose tonight.    That said, this series has me usually stressed, I need it to be over tonight.

I know we have to win THIS series... but this is where if you want to really push the LAD, you can't burn Mis. You need to go out and put your boot on the neck of the Padres and don't let them up. 

And for the love of God, make them throw pitches. No 8 pitch first inning. Chourio, more than anyone... his approach can change the series. 

Jumping at the 1st pitch, you've got a good chance to get him out. If he's taking or just not extending, you're good. But Mitchell, Turang, they're swinging defensively early in the count. That has to change! 

.

Posted
1 minute ago, MrTPlush said:

Extra innings maybe? Since you’d have already burned anyone else high leverage.

That or if we had a sizable lead. I mean, why not right? 

Yeah, extra's would be a spot. But a sizable lead? I don't think so. Our Pen hasn't been abused. Certainly not for a playoff series. We have a Fresh Patrick, Ashby, Megill haven't thrown a ton of pitches. 

Murph's right... I don't want to even say the other circumstance, but Gasser struggles early. That'd be  a worst case. 

 

I'm greedy though. I want Mis vs LAD(or maybe ATL). 

.

Posted
7 minutes ago, MrTPlush said:

I get being upset Vaughn isn’t getting ABs.

But Lara? Dude was horrible this year and was especially awful the last month of the season. He had a .446 OPS in September. He had 1 multi-hit game in September and 1 extra base hit. For reference, Mitchell has a .432 OPS in this series.

Just really no reason to make that move over 13 PAs. Mitchell is the right call.

I think you're probably right, BUT... to me, the process is almost as important at this point. 

Lara doesn't look like a scared 21-year-old kid. Mitchell, he looks... a bit scared. Plus, I'm honestly not sure Lara isn't our best defensive option. Not the reason to start him, but I like the ABs Lara has given you. 

.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
The Twins Daily Caretaker Fund
The Brewer Fanatic Caretaker Fund

You all care about this site. The next step is caring for it. We’re asking you to caretake this site so it can remain the premier Brewers community on the internet. Included with caretaking is ad-free browsing of Brewer Fanatic.

×
×
  • Create New...