Jump to content
Brewer Fanatic
Posted
Just now, edfunderburk said:

Darn … Dodgers up 3-1 on Braves in the 7th. They will be more rested for the LCS than the winner of this series. 

I really think if we have any chance against the Dodgers we need to be able to throw Miz and Henderson in 1, 2, 6, and 7 if needed.  This game tonight is HUGE to keep that possible.

  • Like 6
  • Love 2
Posted
46 minutes ago, Devinep said:

That’s just it. If all he does is strikeout, then  he’s power potential doesn’t matter. I’d start him vs a righty, but there’s no reason to keep him in if he constantly strikes out, especially late in the game and a lefty pitcher is in 

Mitchell - .668 OPS vs. LHP

Lara - .587 OPS vs. LHP

Gallardo - .594 OPS vs. LHP Career

 

I don’t know Lara’s MiLB splits, but at the MLB level he is worse against LHP than he is RHP.

  • Disagree 1
Posted
5 minutes ago, wildcat83 said:

I really think if we have any chance against the Dodgers we need to be able to throw Miz and Henderson in 1, 2, 6, and 7 if needed.  This game tonight is HUGE to keep that possible.

On that note, this is 100% the move if we're trying to win a pennant and not limp into the NLCS again:

 

Verified Member
Posted
24 minutes ago, StearnsFTW said:

I had the bright idea of drinking a 20 ounce Pepsi at 8:30 last night.   I saw the whole game....and 2/3 of 'Schindler's List" ( because I thought it would put me to sleep).

dee802c3-8521-4647-9919-ac1f6ac30586_tex

  • Like 2
  • WHOA SOLVDD 4
  • Love 1
Posted

With Frelick looking fine so far there isn't really any area to start Lara right now.  He's pinch runner, D sub right now.     Any discussion to be had on the needing to get Vaughn ABs would be Bauers in RF.  Assume Ray starts next game (if there is one) you have to have Vaughn in the lineup.  Then its deciding who plays CF and RF between Frelick, Bauers and Mitchell if so. 

To the discussion on the season long lack of ABs for Vaughn, it really came down to Bauers being so hot that he had to play almost every game for awhile (and don't forget Vaugn missed a month costing him ABs).  Ideally, Vaugh probably should've taken a good chunk of Yeli's starts at DH but thats a different discussion since right now Yeli looks great. 

  • Like 2
  • Disagree 1
Posted
1 hour ago, BrewerFan said:

I think you're probably right, BUT... to me, the process is almost as important at this point. 

Lara doesn't look like a scared 21-year-old kid. Mitchell, he looks... a bit scared. Plus, I'm honestly not sure Lara isn't our best defensive option. Not the reason to start him, but I like the ABs Lara has given you. 

Not sure what the story is with Mitchell. He didn't look present in the moment at all last night.

Hope he snaps out of it.

  • Like 2

A Brewers fan from country New South Wales

Posted
2 hours ago, owbc said:

Bauers and Mitchell moved down but otherwise going with the same guys. 

I really like moving Yelich up. He is having a helluva series. Great ABs. 

I don't love Mitchell, but I've never had much faith, and he's proven me wrong a lot this year. Do it again...

 

 

2 hours ago, Devinep said:

I think you don’t be afraid to go to Lara if Mitchell keeps looking lost, especially vs a lefty

That's my thought... he doesn't look afraid up there. "No pop," isn't a great reason to not go to Lara either.

You have ZERO pop when you're taking a defensive hack on 3-1. 

  • Like 1

.

Posted
11 minutes ago, MrTPlush said:

Mitchell - .668 OPS vs. LHP

Lara - .587 OPS vs. LHP

Gallardo - .594 OPS vs. LHP Career

 

I don’t know Lara’s MiLB splits, but at the MLB level he is worse against LHP than he is RHP.

Ok, first, it's a tiny sample. 
2nd, Mitchell is NOT looking like regular season Mitchell. 

I trust Yelich right NOW... a HELLUVA lot more than I've trusted him in the regular season. 

I trust Frelick more than I trust Turang. 
You have to account for the moment. It SEEMS too big for Mitchell... so far. 

You're also using a Sample Size of 70 PAs where he had a very low BABIP for his profile. 

  • Like 1

.

Posted

I'll be watching about an hour and then going to bed, so might get 3 innings based on pacing of the last couple games?

  • Like 1

Posted: July 10, 2014, 12:30 AM

PrinceFielderx1 Said:

If the Brewers don't win the division I should be banned. However, they will.

 

Last visited: September 03, 2014, 7:10 PM

Posted

Murphy effectively punting this game by keeping Bauers and Mitchell in the lineup. I guess at least he moved Mitchell down so his spineless ABs won’t do as much harm, but it’s just crazy that Vaughn and Lara can’t sniff the lineup given how bad Mitchell and Bauer have been.
 

In Bauers case, if he’s still battling shinsplints that stinks. But if he’s not healthy enough to play he has no business being in the lineup

  • WHOA SOLVDD 1
Posted
13 minutes ago, BrewerFan said:

Ok, first, it's a tiny sample. 
2nd, Mitchell is NOT looking like regular season Mitchell. 

I trust Yelich right NOW... a HELLUVA lot more than I've trusted him in the regular season. 

I trust Frelick more than I trust Turang. 
You have to account for the moment. It SEEMS too big for Mitchell... so far. 

You're also using a Sample Size of 70 PAs where he had a very low BABIP for his profile. 

Lara has 72 PAs against lefties this year. I wouldn’t call that small. He has never in his professional career hit lefties better than righties…so I’d guess his struggles against lefties is probably factual.

Mitchell’s 13 PAs in the playoffs this year, definitely a microscopic sample.

I’m not really confident in Mitchell at this point, but that doesn’t really make me want to trust Lara just because we haven’t seen him suck yet. He went 0-4 in a game though, so I guess we kinda did. I’m pretty confident Lara would be just as bad or worse. 
 

 

  • Like 1
Posted
3 hours ago, Cool Hand Lucroy said:

Same, although I was considering something also in edible form and slightly more stigmatized.

10 mgs and a few puffs for me, with a few Coors originals. 

I have a buddy, a very big buddy, who will take triple digits regularly. insane 

  • Like 1
Posted
4 minutes ago, MrTPlush said:

Lara has 72 PAs against lefties this year. I wouldn’t call that small. He has never in his professional career hit lefties better than righties…so I’d guess his struggles against lefties is probably factual.

Mitchell’s 13 PAs in the playoffs this year, definitely a microscopic sample.

I’m not really confident in Mitchell at this point, but that doesn’t really make me want to trust Lara just because we haven’t seen him suck yet. He went 0-4 in a game though, so I guess we kinda did. I’m pretty confident Lara would be just as bad or worse. 
 

 

Right.   And mitchell did get a hit in both the first two games.   Sure last game was annoying but in baseball managers rarely overreact to such small samples.

Bauers is the bigger conundrum since he's been struggling alot to finish the year and has been hurt. With a good option to take ABs in Vaughn.  So if he's legit hurt or essentially back to being the league replacement level type he's been for 4 years then yea there's a discussion.  But otoh, he was their first or second best hitter on the year and possibly offensive mvp for the year. Tough to pull the plug over 3 games

Posted
3 minutes ago, liveforoctober said:

So LA it is. With a rested and ready Skubal/Snell/Yamamoto 1-2-3 to boot.

Was there ever really a doubt?

I'd like to be the team to knock them out, so we have that going for us, but first, we NEED to win tonight!

  • Like 1
  • Love 2
"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS
Posted
6 minutes ago, da swedish german said:

10 mgs and a few puffs for me, with a few Coors originals. 

I have a buddy, a very big buddy, who will take triple digits regularly. insane 

I like your formula much better.

Posted
3 minutes ago, TURBO said:

Was there ever really a doubt?

I'd like to be the team to knock them out, so we have that going for us, but first, we NEED to win tonight!

Kind of reminds me of that 2015 Badger men's hoops team that really wanted Kentucky in the semifinals. I want LA. We're ready, but we gotta get there first!

  • Like 1
Posted

Watching the Dodgers celebrate is pretty freaking disgusting.

*Channel turned*

  • Love 1
"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
The Twins Daily Caretaker Fund
The Brewer Fanatic Caretaker Fund

You all care about this site. The next step is caring for it. We’re asking you to caretake this site so it can remain the premier Brewers community on the internet. Included with caretaking is ad-free browsing of Brewer Fanatic.

×
×
  • Create New...