Jump to content
Brewer Fanatic

Brewers vs Padres Open Thread: News / Notes / Predictions / Miscellaneous. What's on your Mind?


Posted
1 hour ago, Just Some Guy said:

Lol, yeah that's definitely the "we surrender game 1" approach.

Counter - Buehler hasn't allowed more than 3 runs in a game since July 11th. To be fair some short outings in there too.

But if he has a bad night they'll pull him immediately with a rested bullpen and King going game 2.

edit - just saw Ray is going, disregard.

Posted

I've been watching this team for 30 years. That's not as long as some around here, but it's been long enough to see just about everything baseball has to offer. I've seen young rebuilding teams. I've seen bad teams with no hope in the present or the future. I've seen the last decade's run of dominance. I've seen playoff success (because playing in three NLCS counts as success for a guy who grew up just hoping to still be in the race by June). I've felt playoff heartbreak.

I can honestly say that nothing that happens with this year's team is going to change my impression of their year, or my future fandom. Maybe that's self-protection. But, truthfully, this year brought something I've never seen before. It brought 103 wins and one of the best pitching seasons in the history of the league. If they end up losing this series, it won't be as cool as it could have been. I still hold out hope for a World Series run. But, at the end of the day, every single playoff game is a gift. It's a torturous, monkey's paw kind of gift in some ways, but still. These kind of peak emotional experiences don't come along very often. I'm not arguing about how anyone should experience it. Everyone gets their own set of priorities, and we're not going to change each other's minds either way. If you're at peace with whatever happens, great. If you're heavily invested in this being the year and will mourn every run allowed, that's great too. It's all part of the deal. All I know is, fall days in October, during this streak of success, haven't felt like football. They've felt like the Milwaukee ***** Brewers, and I'm thankful for every single one of them.

I hope we win tomorrow. I know we might well lose. That's baseball. It's at its best in October, and we get to be part of it AGAIN!

Go Brewers, now and forever and win, lose, or weather delay.

  • Like 8
  • Love 5
Posted

The fans need to bring it this postseason, but especially vs the Padres. Murphy pretty much saying that without saying it. 

Posted

Bauers says this team is different and has a different belief among them and I'm right there with him. This team is clearly better than the Padres. Go out there and take care of business and win the series.

 

  • Like 1
Verified Member
Posted

Dustin May should start game 3 in SD. Look at his success against the Padres this year and in his career 

  • Like 2
Posted
4 hours ago, Just Some Guy said:

My guess on that is they'd use King for a short start tomorrow, then they'd have him on full rest for game 5?

I might be wrong about this, but isn't there a day between starts when a pitcher throws a bullpen session?  Would tomorrow be approximately that day for King?

It more or less would, but I don't see them doing that. 

I wish they would've.

Posted
4 hours ago, long ball said:

Robbie Ray v Misiorowski. 
 

with that match up, I’m guessing Bauers gets the start in RF and Vaughn at 1b. 

Would've loved to have been in the ballpark the last four days to see if Bauers was getting any work in RF, how he's moving, etc. Not to mention Ortiz.

I'm still thinking this series could be a race to see who can get the lead after 5 innings.

  • Like 1
Posted

I am dreading this. No doubt the boys are good but SD is scary and so are the Dodgers. This year feels momentous, especially with the lockdown and (eventual) new CBA looming. Go get them!

  • Like 1
Posted
1 hour ago, Jim French Stepstool said:

Would've loved to have been in the ballpark the last four days to see if Bauers was getting any work in RF, how he's moving, etc. Not to mention Ortiz.

I'm still thinking this series could be a race to see who can get the lead after 5 innings.

Mccalvy addressed this during his AMA on Reddit this week. Sounds like Murphy expects bauers to play some OF in the playoffs. 
 

Combining Misiorowski not allowing a lot of balls in play with a lefty starting against us, this is the prime opportunity for him to start in RF. Might only last a few innings if they PH for Vaughn as soon as he has a matchup with a righty reliever.  
 

re: Ortiz, I can’t remember which reporter put it out there, but Ortiz will be on the nlds roster. 
 

but ya those two guys are probably the most banged up and productive versions of both will be important 

  • Like 1
Posted

what's the experience like for Standing Room Only tickets at a playoff game?

I have never had SRO tickets before, been to a playoff game, and no games this year, unfortunately. 

 

I can picture the places in the park that are enjoyable to watch from. right field line near the foul pole, by the visitors bullpen, the barrel yard.  I've heard of but can't really remember SRO sections much in the loge level.  any recommendations?  

Posted
34 minutes ago, da swedish german said:

what's the experience like for Standing Room Only tickets at a playoff game?

I have never had SRO tickets before, been to a playoff game, and no games this year, unfortunately. 

 

I can picture the places in the park that are enjoyable to watch from. right field line near the foul pole, by the visitors bullpen, the barrel yard.  I've heard of but can't really remember SRO sections much in the loge level.  any recommendations?  

I've never done SRO either, but I know what I'd try: all the seats out in right field are old school bleachers, not individual seats, so I'm not sure how or if they can police who or how many people are sitting there.  I'd show up early, head out there and just kind of blend onto a bench.

To see what I mean, you can click on any price in right field, then click a picture on the left and the upper left of your screen should give you a 360 degree view out there, including the bleachers themselves.  If the prices don't populate right away, zoom in a bit.  Good luck, my friend!  https://www.tickpick.com/buy-national-league-division-series-milwaukee-brewers-vs-san-diego-padres-home-game-1-series-game-1-tickets-american-family-field-10-3-26-7pm/8173883/?c=SPORTS&cc=BASEBALL&gcc=Professional (MLB)

Posted
1 hour ago, long ball said:

Mccalvy addressed this during his AMA on Reddit this week. Sounds like Murphy expects bauers to play some OF in the playoffs. 
 

Combining Misiorowski not allowing a lot of balls in play with a lefty starting against us, this is the prime opportunity for him to start in RF. Might only last a few innings if they PH for Vaughn as soon as he has a matchup with a righty reliever.  
 

re: Ortiz, I can’t remember which reporter put it out there, but Ortiz will be on the nlds roster. 
 

but ya those two guys are probably the most banged up and productive versions of both will be important 

I get Bauers in the OF in a Misiorowski start, I'd just feel better if it was LF than RF. Of course Chourio is so comfortable in LF now, you don't want to mess with that. That also leaves you with some versatility & defense on the bench if needed. I know Frelick isn't exactly the favorite son here right now, but vs a RHP in an AB where contact is imperative he may be valuable.

Yeah, I expected Ortiz to be on the roster, I'm just hoping he's somewhat close to 100% if not all the way there.

Hadn't had the chance to get a lot of media info this week; thanks.

  • Like 1
Posted

had 2nd and 5th row in section 103 for a few reds games in 2024 and they were great. could still see the scoreboard. chance for homerun ball

SRO going for a little over a 100, 103 section for around 180

Posted
31 minutes ago, da swedish german said:

what's the experience like for Standing Room Only tickets at a playoff game?

I have never had SRO tickets before, been to a playoff game, and no games this year, unfortunately. 

 

I can picture the places in the park that are enjoyable to watch from. right field line near the foul pole, by the visitors bullpen, the barrel yard.  I've heard of but can't really remember SRO sections much in the loge level.  any recommendations?  

In game 5 vs Arizona in 2011, I stood. I parked myself on the 3rd base side in the back of the loge level and I thought it was just fine. But if I had it to do over again, I'd get there as early as possible & stake out something near the RF foul pole which I assume is the grade A spot for SRO.

Good luck.

  • Like 1
Posted
11 minutes ago, da swedish german said:

or is the better strategy to get the cheapest seat available regardless of the view and move around as though you had SRO if you don't enjoy it?

I like your approach here.  If you decide $180 is too pricey for the section 103's you have your eye on, then you can buy Bob Uecker seats in the 400's for only about twenty bucks more than SRO's.  I've sat up there before and they're not terrible; plus, like you say, if you don't like them you can just go walkabout as if you had SRO's.  Picture from the Uecker type seats:

image.png.01bb5e5dc1dc60154d9e962884d0f397.png

  • Like 2

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
The Twins Daily Caretaker Fund
The Brewer Fanatic Caretaker Fund

You all care about this site. The next step is caring for it. We’re asking you to caretake this site so it can remain the premier Brewers community on the internet. Included with caretaking is ad-free browsing of Brewer Fanatic.

×
×
  • Create New...