Jump to content
Brewer Fanatic
Posted
2 hours ago, CheezWizHed said:

 

Machado was the second out so it didn't matter the order of the tag/crossing home plate. 

No, Machado’s out was the third out of the inning. 

When he was thrown out I took a quick look to see if maybe Tatis had slowed down because there was no play on him and was just crossing the plate. 

  • Like 1
Note: If I raise something as a POSSIBILITY that does not mean that I EXPECT it to happen.
Posted
1 hour ago, BCF said:

I know Machado has been a dbag in the past but he’s been extremely humble and crediting the Brewers a lot in these last two games and even praised the fans and the energy 

I don't know what kind of person he really is, and I don't care.  I don't really care too much if he gets booed forever, I was pissed in '18 and I can hold a grudge.  But, the only reason I would  wish the extra booing would stop is because he doesn't seem to care, so it shows he's more in the fans' heads than they are in his.  Its a psychological loss.  If I'm wrong and it hurts his feelings, by all means, keep booing.  But I don't think so.

  • Like 5
Community Moderator
Posted
11 minutes ago, Opening Day said:

He also isnt exactly known for a  Pete Rose level of hustle normally.   It's not like it would be totally out of character to get lackadaisical and get himself thrown out without the stategy of the greater good attached to it.

That's just his normal running speed. 

https://www.mlb.com/video/will-wagner-singles-on-a-fly-ball-to-left-fielder-jj-bleday-manny-machado?q=ContentTags == ["defense","gamepk-823287"] Order By Timestamp DESC&pt=Defensive Highlights&p=0

  • WHOA SOLVDD 1
Posted
1 minute ago, owbc said:

He did not look fast there.  I don't know if it was lack of speed, a little mental lapse slowdown, a bait a throw strategy that backfired, etc.  I just know it was a great throw, and he was out. 

  • Like 1
Posted

I’m quite confident that the boos don’t hurt machado’s feelings at all. These guys get heckled all over the country for a living. They tune it out. 
 

I thumbs downed the original post for two reasons. 1) it entertains me when someone is on the list and gets booed in Milwaukee. And B) even if manny did the hypothetical public acknowledgement of the play, Brewers fans ain’t letting go of it. 

  • Like 1
Posted
41 minutes ago, Opening Day said:

I don't know what kind of person he really is, and I don't care.  I don't really care too much if he gets booed forever, I was pissed in '18 and I can hold a grudge.  But, the only reason I would  wish the extra booing would stop is because he doesn't seem to care, so it shows he's more in the fans' heads than they are in his.  Its a psychological loss.  If I'm wrong and it hurts his feelings, by all means, keep booing.  But I don't think so.

Guy has been a good dude and clubhouse leader for at least a few years now. Hated him 8 years ago, kind of like him now. Some people do mature between 26 and 34

  • Disagree 1
Posted
1 minute ago, AKCheesehead said:

I’m quite confident that the boos don’t hurt machado’s feelings at all. These guys get heckled all over the country for a living. They tune it out. 
 

I thumbs downed the original post for two reasons. 1) it entertains me when someone is on the list and gets booed in Milwaukee. And B) even if manny did the hypothetical public acknowledgement of the play, Brewers fans ain’t letting go of it. 

Says more about the Brewers fans than Machado, tbh 

  • Disagree 1
Posted
7 hours ago, bm1090 said:

Says more about the Brewers fans than Machado, tbh 

What does it say, exactly? That we don’t forgive a blatantly dirty incident from an unrepentant villain because it happened a long time ago? Guilty.

  • Like 1
Posted

Re: Pitch Tipping...

1. No pitch-tipping incident gets more than two likes on Twitter if the pitch ends with an out.

2. Determining the pitch and discerning the location of said pitch are two different skills. Foreknowledge helps, but only so much in terms of execution.

3. Machado was flashing "3," or perhaps "OK" at 2nd base earlier in the game. Was the pitcher tipping? Or did Machado simply want the Brewers to think they were tipping?  OR... How on early does a helmet tap prove to outside viewers anything?

4. IMO, the psychological distraction of feeling like one's opponent is gaining an edge is probably just as damaging as what is gained from believing you have an edge.

5. All it takes is for one hitter to get a heater high and tight when they were expecting a slider for tipping to become much less reliable.

6. I think signalling from 2nd can be really valuable. But I think that's an awful lot of mental gymnastics with the game on the line to blindly trust a half-hearted Sal helmet tap on a 1-2 count in the last AB of the game.

All of this to say that maybe Miller was tipping pitches and that maybe it gave the Brewers an edge. But that it probably isn't as impactful as garbage-can-gate has led us to believe. Especially because garbage can gate was a method with much more surety to it because it was literally stealing signs, not merely picking up visual cues and relaying that info to a hitter from 2nd.

Chourio could barely touch Miller's heater. Chourio was able to smoke that last one because Miller left it in the goldilocks zone for squaring it up. Two inches up, down, left, or right, and Chourio fouls it off at best.

  • Like 1
Posted

Jomboy dissected that last inning and while, yes, he was definitely tipping pitches…it actually seemed less obvious if the Brewers were actually relaying that information.

End of the day Miller pitched terribly and walked three dudes to load the bases where one mistake lost the game. His stuff is so good he could have told the Brewers what was coming and he still should have figured out a way to get three outs. His fastball location that inning was simply horrendous. The balls were no where near being strikes and when he threw it near the zone is wasn’t high like it should have been.

  • Like 1
Community Moderator
Posted
29 minutes ago, MrTPlush said:

End of the day Miller pitched terribly and walked three dudes to load the bases where one mistake lost the game. His stuff is so good he could have told the Brewers what was coming and he still should have figured out a way to get three outs.

That's exactly it. He probably could have thrown 85% effort fastballs and still come out better than walking three guys and facing Chourio.

Verified Member
Posted
On 10/5/2026 at 2:55 AM, Brian said:

I see that they have Dustin May listed as the starter for Tuesday.  Wonder if Gasser will be following him up since I expect May to go once threw the order only? 

MLB Network loves the Brewers in May vs Pivetta says,  May threw hie first career shutout vs San Diego. 

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
The Twins Daily Caretaker Fund
The Brewer Fanatic Caretaker Fund

You all care about this site. The next step is caring for it. We’re asking you to caretake this site so it can remain the premier Brewers community on the internet. Included with caretaking is ad-free browsing of Brewer Fanatic.

×
×
  • Create New...