Brewer Fanatic

Game Thread (9/23/2022): Brewers (Lauer) at Reds (Minor) - 5:40 PM CDT

Eye Black

Will be interesting to see who they get rid of today with Lauer coming back. Strzelecki with options would be the easy choice but would rather they just DFA Perdomo at this point and be done with him. Will have to get rid of somebody else when Peralta is recalled this weekend as well. Milner has been pretty bad the entire second half too and could be optioned.

2 minutes ago, brewers888 said:

Luis Cessa is starting in place of Minor who is on the injured list. Maybe Counsell can wake up and put the teams best hitter against righties in the line up in place of his pet McCutchen.  

You mean the one who has done nothing but strikeout for basically a month now, which included a two-week stint where he started virtually every game? 

I think the reds would be better off if they just held a lottery before each game where a LH fan can get selected to start the night pitching for the Reds.  With the Brewers skill at missing left handers they would likely struggle even against someone off the street.

2 hours ago, wibadgers23 said:

Wow that is one crappy lineup for the Reds.

Looks like they’re facing a crappy pitcher for the Brewers. 

Lauer is angling for the Jason Alexander award for worst start of the week. 

Note: If I raise something as a POSSIBILITY that does not mean that I EXPECT it to happen.

29 minutes ago, Brewcrew82 said:

You mean the one who has done nothing but strikeout for basically a month now, which included a two-week stint where he started virtually every game? 

If we permanently benched every player who was cold for a period of 36 at bats, we'd be down to fielding our A+ players in the majors.

• Like 2

Just now, Robocaller said:

If we permanently benched every player who was cold for a period of 36 at bats, we'd be down to fielding our A+ players in the majors.

I've stated this before, but there's a difference between a player whose spot is relatively established and one who has sucked for a couple years now....