Jump to content
Brewer Fanatic
Posted
3 minutes ago, Bulldogboy said:

How does Yelich in Vaughn out advance that goal tonight? Just curious what flavor Kool aid you drinking. 

That was nice.

I don’t think Ray is going to last long and they’ll bring in a righty who would neutralize Vaughn. We’d rather have him as an option later against the Padres bullpen.

Posted
1 minute ago, areacodes said:

That was nice.

I don’t think Ray is going to last long and they’ll bring in a righty who would neutralize Vaughn. We’d rather have him as an option later against the Padres bullpen.

Ok. I hope the plan works. If it does I will give him the flowers due. 

Posted
7 minutes ago, Bulldogboy said:

Ok. I hope the plan works. If it does I will give him the flowers due. 

So are you POSITIVE before the game starts that Vaughn would have more success tonight against Ray then Yelich will? If you can guarantee that then maybe you should manage the Brewers. 

Posted
9 minutes ago, areacodes said:

That was nice.

I don’t think Ray is going to last long and they’ll bring in a righty who would neutralize Vaughn. We’d rather have him as an option later against the Padres bullpen.

Vaughn outhit Yelich versus RHP this year. I really don't understand where this Vaughn can't hit RHP has come from.

  • Like 3
Posted
Just now, ImissDougMelvin said:

So are you POSITIVE before the game starts that Vaughn would have more success tonight against Ray then Yelich will? If you can guarantee that then maybe you should manage the Brewers. 

The stats says it's more likely than not that Vaughn would. Yes I agree I think I should. 

Community Moderator
Posted

San Diego’s plan is to go lefty-righty-lefty on us. 
 

Matchups don’t matter against Ray, anyone can hit him.  They set the lineup for the rest of the game so they aren’t stuck with mismatches against the actual pitching weapons that SD can throw us later in the game. 

Posted
59 minutes ago, Frisbee Slider said:

Glad to see we are treating this game thread like any other game, no post season jitters on the board 🙂

This has the makings of a legendary IGT. 

Posted
28 minutes ago, Bulldogboy said:

Ok. I hope the plan works. If it does I will give him the flowers due. 

That is a little different attitude than Murphy is trying to sabotage their chances to win.

  • Like 1
Posted
19 minutes ago, endaround said:

Vaughn outhit Yelich versus RHP this year. I really don't understand where this Vaughn can't hit RHP has come from.

Much more likely they’d bring in a stud righty to face Vaughn in a key situation to neutralize him.

 

Posted
6 minutes ago, areacodes said:

That is a little different attitude than Murphy is trying to sabotage their chances to win.

If it doesn't I'm going to rip him and you should join me. 

Posted
4 minutes ago, Bulldogboy said:

If it doesn't I'm going to rip him and you should join me. 

You never did tell us what right handed pitcher you would replace Patrick with on the roster.

Posted

I believe playoff teams are now 7-1 when out-homering theiir opponent.  Hopefully the Crew can hold their own there.  Padres are going to hit some homers.  My hope for the pitching is to keep the free bases out of the equation.

but it's not like every guy suddenly forgot every piece of advice he gave
Posted
17 minutes ago, baseball101 said:

You never did tell us what right handed pitcher you would replace Patrick with on the roster.

I said Sens will be higher leverage than Patrick who will be a mop man. You said he's basically our second closer. We will see who is in the game first.

Posted

.. the bye matters so much odds wise. You can set your staff and have the 'closer' twice. Atlanta now has to win 3 straight OR face Skubal on the road in an elimination game. It's a tough ask.

Brewers are in the same spot. If Miz can hold - uphill climb for the Friars. Just win baby.

Programming note, ALL of the runs scored in that ATL/LA game were home runs.

  • Like 1
Posted
2 minutes ago, Bulldogboy said:

I said Sens will be higher leverage than Patrick who will be a mop man. You said he's basically our second closer. We will see who is in the game first.

You said you would leave Patrick off the roster. I said not a chance and Patrick is one of the high leverage arms. Never said he was the second closer. 

Posted
Just now, baseball101 said:

You said you would leave Patrick off the roster. I said not a chance and Patrick is one of the high leverage arms. Never said he was the second closer. 

I said I would be fine if he was left off. Given they are carrying 13 I stand by it. 

Posted
10 minutes ago, Bulldogboy said:

I said I would be fine if he was left off. Given they are carrying 13 I stand by it. 

If you remove one you have to add one. Who would you add?

Posted

Just hope the boys are loose. Pads are going to be bringing some swagger in. If Miz can put up a 0 and someone could send a rocket into the seats early that would be a big exhale for everyone.

  • Like 1
Posted
5 hours ago, yourout said:

Wonder what the historical odds are if you win the first game of a five-game series versus losing the first game.

Reddit: In postseason history, teams to win Game 1 in any best-of-five series have gone on to win the series 113 of 156 times (72.4%). In Division Series with the current 2-2-1 format, teams to win Game 1 on the road have advanced 34 of 46 times (73.9%)

"Go ahead. Try to disagree with me. I dare you." Jeffrey Leonard.

Posted
5 minutes ago, liveforoctober said:

Just hope the boys are loose. Pads are going to be bringing some swagger in. If Miz can put up a 0 and someone could send a rocket into the seats early that would be a big exhale for everyone.

I think Miz will bring his own swager.

but it's not like every guy suddenly forgot every piece of advice he gave
Posted
49 minutes ago, baseball101 said:

You never did tell us what right handed pitcher you would replace Patrick with on the roster.

You can laugh, though I don't really have a problem with Patrick, I did think about Stallings being on the roster instead of him. That was probably a 100% experience decision.

Posted
45 minutes ago, liveforoctober said:

Programming note, ALL of the runs scored in that ATL/LA game were home runs.

The Rays only run came from a home run, but only two of the three runs for the White Sox were from HR 🙂

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
The Twins Daily Caretaker Fund
The Brewer Fanatic Caretaker Fund

You all care about this site. The next step is caring for it. We’re asking you to caretake this site so it can remain the premier Brewers community on the internet. Included with caretaking is ad-free browsing of Brewer Fanatic.

×
×
  • Create New...