Jump to content
Brewer Fanatic
Posted

Just seems like year after year, Chourio is the only one who you can trust to be exactly what he was in the regular season. And I know I’m saying that like it’s this really easy thing when it is insanely hard, but it’d be nice if we could carry over a few more performers.

  • Like 3

Chicago delenda est

Community Moderator
Posted
1 minute ago, ReverendBrewmeister said:

Add Uribe’s pitching performance to the “Where did that come from compared to the regular season” pile.

That wasn't uncommon when Uribe gets rattled.  

People here talk about being nervous watching... imagine being on the mound.  Everything is amplified in the playoffs

"Rock, sometime, when the team is up against it, and the breaks are beating the boys, tell 'em to go out there with all they got and win just one for the Uecker. I don't know where I'll be then, Rock but I'll know about it; and I'll be happy."

Posted
Just now, 82brewcrew82 said:

Fine with taking Ashby out, not fine with Abner.

Yeah, to me, not everything should be analyzed through the lens of the manager. This was just a bad night for Uribe. Thank goodness, got out of it. Now, go score.

Posted
1 minute ago, HarveysWBs said:

Just seems like year after year, Chourio is the only one who you can trust to be exactly what he was in the regular season. And I know I’m saying that like it’s this really easy thing when it is insanely hard, but it’d be nice if we could carry over a few more performers.

A 22 year old should not be the only guy you can count on in the playoffs offensively, but here we are. 

  • Like 1
Posted

At this point in the season the managers job is to give each player and the team their best chance to succeed.   With a left handed pitcher you don’t just bench Vaughn unless he’s not ready to play and then he shouldn’t be on the roster.   And of course Yelich came up in the biggest spot 

this is the Milwaukee brewers not the Milwaukee yelichs.    Murphy would be good to remember that.    You did not put the team in the best spot to succeed and that’s on him 

Community Moderator
Posted
Just now, Pugger said:

God almighty.

Nah.  Just DL Hall.  God would've struck him out with one pitch. 😉

  • Like 1
  • WHOA SOLVDD 1
  • Love 1

"Rock, sometime, when the team is up against it, and the breaks are beating the boys, tell 'em to go out there with all they got and win just one for the Uecker. I don't know where I'll be then, Rock but I'll know about it; and I'll be happy."

Posted
1 minute ago, 82brewcrew82 said:

Fine with taking Ashby out, not fine with Abner's Execution.

He’ll be better next time. The playoff experience got to him a little bit.

Verified Member
Posted
1 minute ago, baseball101 said:

They have two runs. 

One came on an error also 

Posted

Know people are not going to like this, but Uribe got both Tatis and Machado to chase. They got hits on balls far out of the hitting zone. The HBP was bad yes, but most times he would have gotten out of that inning fine.

  • Like 2

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
The Twins Daily Caretaker Fund
The Brewer Fanatic Caretaker Fund

You all care about this site. The next step is caring for it. We’re asking you to caretake this site so it can remain the premier Brewers community on the internet. Included with caretaking is ad-free browsing of Brewer Fanatic.

×
×
  • Create New...