Jump to content
Brewer Fanatic
Posted

I'm surprised the original "Coop" hasn't been mentioned. I think right now I would choose Cecil over Christian, though a Brewer World Series the next couple years, and Yeli not completely tanking the last two years of his contract would put him on the Mount.

  • Like 1
  • Love 1
Posted

If the Milwaukee Braves are part of the discussion then you couldn't omit Spahn could you?

Maybe we need a double-sided mount, one for the Braves and one for the Brewers.

Now there'll be folks here that know so much more than me, but if Aaron, Spahn and Matthews are three on the Braves side, how about Bob Buhl or Lew Burdette for the fourth? 

  • Like 2

A Brewers fan from country Australia

Posted
4 hours ago, CheezWizHed said:

How can you forget Lou Palmisano! Woah Solvdd! 

If we extend past players (I saw Selig mentioned - and he does deserve credit), then Uecker is a no brainer...

What could also be a super fun corollary conversation is the Mount Rushmore of guys Brewerfan(atic) or others thought were can’t miss Brewers prospects….and missed. 
 

 

Anyway, thanks everyone for the fun conversation! Definitely something to kill time before tomorrow night.

  • Like 2
Posted
2 hours ago, Brewers Downunder said:

If the Milwaukee Braves are part of the discussion then you couldn't omit Spahn could you?

Maybe we need a double-sided mount, one for the Braves and one for the Brewers.

Now there'll be folks here that know so much more than me, but if Aaron, Spahn and Matthews are three on the Braves side, how about Bob Buhl or Lew Burdette for the fourth? 

My old man would've argued Del Crandall, 8 seasons an all star (11 all star games though, they played two of them for four years)

  • Like 1

"I wasted so much time in my life hating Juventus or A.C. Milan that I should have spent hating the Cardinals." ~kalle8

Posted
11 minutes ago, Baldkin said:

My old man would've argued Del Crandall, 8 seasons an all star (11 all star games though, they played two of them for four years)

But not for the Brewers.  Personally, I think when a team leaves a city, the history of the team that happened there should stay with that city instead of moving.  

"Rock, sometime, when the team is up against it, and the breaks are beating the boys, tell 'em to go out there with all they got and win just one for the Uecker. I don't know where I'll be then, Rock but I'll know about it; and I'll be happy."

Posted
2 hours ago, craigharmann said:

What could also be a super fun corollary conversation is the Mount Rushmore of guys Brewerfan(atic) or others thought were can’t miss Brewers prospects….and missed. 

Keith Ginter, Russell Branyan, Hernan Iribarren, Abraham Toro, Keston Hiura and Logan Schafer?

  • Like 3
Posted
5 hours ago, Brewers Downunder said:

In 10-15 years time the current crop might necessitate a bigger mountain 😉

Brewers Downunder?  Well... Dave Nilsson MUST be on the mountain.  👍

  • Love 1
Posted
34 minutes ago, Frisbee Slider said:

Keith Ginter, Russell Branyan, Hernan Iribarren, Abraham Toro, Keston Hiura and Logan Schafer?

You forgot Juan Francisco, Chris Carter, and Dave Krynzel. 

Posted
3 hours ago, Brewers Downunder said:

If the Milwaukee Braves are part of the discussion then you couldn't omit Spahn could you?

Maybe we need a double-sided mount, one for the Braves and one for the Brewers.

Now there'll be folks here that know so much more than me, but if Aaron, Spahn and Matthews are three on the Braves side, how about Bob Buhl or Lew Burdette for the fourth? 

I'd have to mull over Del Crandall & Burdette for the 4th Milw Braves spot, with Joe Adcock as a darkhorse.

Posted
4 hours ago, ErnieRilesBrianGiles said:

I'm surprised the original "Coop" hasn't been mentioned. I think right now I would choose Cecil over Christian, though a Brewer World Series the next couple years, and Yeli not completely tanking the last two years of his contract would put him on the Mount.

 Cooper always seemed to take a little bit of a backseat to some of the other talent on those teams, but you're 100% correct that he should be in the conversation. He tailed off somewhat in his last 3-4 years, but the overall career he had greatly overshadows that. He, Ben Oglivie & Ted Simmons (vs RHP) provided fantastic balance from the left side in those lineups.

Speaking of taking a backseat, he had MVP numbers in 1980 only to have George Brett pick that year to hit .390.

  • Like 1
Posted
1 hour ago, CheezWizHed said:

But not for the Brewers.  Personally, I think when a team leaves a city, the history of the team that happened there should stay with that city instead of moving.  

Cool. But I was literally responding to a post about the Braves. *****. This site has become intolerable 

"I wasted so much time in my life hating Juventus or A.C. Milan that I should have spent hating the Cardinals." ~kalle8

Posted

For me I don't include the old Milwaukee Braves players, that was a different franchise. Homering Hank was clearly the best player to ever wear a Brewers jersey, it's not close. But he is not a traditional Brewer, he's a Brave. The Milwaukee Braves Rushmore is different. 

The Brewers Rushmore as it stands feels like, right now.....this post season could change things a bunch. 

First Tier

Molitor, Yount, Braun, and Cooper. 

Second Tier....

Ogilvie, Fingers, Sheets, and Yellich.

Third Tier

Churio, Thomas, Gallardo, Money

 

 

 

 

Posted
11 hours ago, craigharmann said:

Over Lou Palsmo? How dare you, good sir?

Maybe there should be a thread topic called “Brewers Mount Rushless”?  Gotta put some minimums to qualify but could be fun to identify players that are all time worsts

or make it guys that belong as brewers #5-8 guys?

  • Love 1

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

Community Moderator
Posted
9 hours ago, Baldkin said:

Cool. But I was literally responding to a post about the Braves. *****. This site has become intolerable 

So you missed my whole point about saying that the Milwaukee Braves history should stay with Milwaukee, but it isn't?  Ok then. 

"Rock, sometime, when the team is up against it, and the breaks are beating the boys, tell 'em to go out there with all they got and win just one for the Uecker. I don't know where I'll be then, Rock but I'll know about it; and I'll be happy."

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
The Twins Daily Caretaker Fund
The Brewer Fanatic Caretaker Fund

You all care about this site. The next step is caring for it. We’re asking you to caretake this site so it can remain the premier Brewers community on the internet. Included with caretaking is ad-free browsing of Brewer Fanatic.

×
×
  • Create New...