Jump to content
Brewer Fanatic
Community Moderator
Posted
14 minutes ago, HarryDoyle said:

Is this play by play man a Cubs fan because he gets way too excited about routine fly balls.

It's Matty V! The ultimate hype guy! 

  • Like 1
Community Moderator
Posted
9 minutes ago, Just Some Guy said:

Should it worry us that homeruns are playing such a critical part of post season scoring?  (I think it should).

Only if you have mediocre relief pitching like these two teams. 
 

  • Like 2
Posted
34 minutes ago, Just Some Guy said:

On his 80 foot trampoline.  I hope PCA's on the short leash he deserves to be after yesterday, but I suspect he won't be.  Apparently, MVP's don't get tossed, ever.

No documentation to back this up, but it seems like it's pretty tough for a player to get tossed from a post-season game. Having said that, last night I half-expected to come back from the commercial break & hear that he was tossed on his way out to CF after being rung up.

 

Posted

I am trying to line up my ticket source at Rate Field for the Brewers-White Sox WS. 

White Sox putting it to the Astros in Game 2. 

  • Love 1

"Go ahead. Try to disagree with me. I dare you." Jeffrey Leonard.

Posted

That lefty reliever for the Braves didn’t allow one homer vs a lefty all season and gave up back to back to Schwarber and Harper………sometimes it all makes sense until it doesn’t. 

  • Like 3
Community Moderator
Posted
16 minutes ago, Underachiever said:

I am trying to line up my ticket source at Rate Field for the Brewers-White Sox WS. 

White Sox putting it to the Astros in Game 2. 

If the White Sox make the World Series I'll become a believer in divine intervention. 

  • WHOA SOLVDD 1
Posted
4 minutes ago, markedman5 said:

That lefty reliever for the Braves didn’t allow one homer vs a lefty all season and gave up back to back to Schwarber and Harper………sometimes it all makes sense until it doesn’t. 

The playoffs are weird, man. They're just weird.

Glad we'll get at least one Game 3 tomorrow. Hopefully, at least Boston can make it 2. I'd kind of prefer the Padres put it away tonight, but I know opinion is split on that (and both camps have good reasons, and I suspect we'll never change each other's minds). I won't be mad if the Cubs force a Game 3. But I'll just feel a little less anxious and amped knowing their season's over, and we are once again the undisputed NL Central domination Crew.

  • Like 1
Posted

I'm rooting for back to back nights of 15 inning games for Cubs and Padres. The scores matter less at that point

  • Like 1
Posted
2 minutes ago, igor67 said:

I'm rooting for back to back nights of 15 inning games for Cubs and Padres. The scores matter less at that point

With the Padres using all their high leverage guys, including Mason Miller for two innings each night?  I'm DEF up for that!

Posted
1 minute ago, Just Some Guy said:

With the Padres using all their high leverage guys, including Mason Miller for two innings each night?  I'm DEF up for that!

(On the other side, the Cubs don't have any high leverage guys -- maybe Zeferjahn if you squint hard enough -- so idk, just exhaust their position players)?

Posted
1 hour ago, owbc said:

If the White Sox make the World Series I'll become a believer in divine intervention. 

Well to make the ALDS they beat a team worse than them. The ALDS is against a team that won their division by a singular game over them. 
 

Their only true test that would be an upset is the ALCS. I have a hard time seeing any of the three teams on the other side of the bracket not beating their pitching though. Would be pretty surprising in a 7 game series.

  • Like 1
Posted
54 minutes ago, nate82 said:

Will the Astros blame their fans again?

Looks like a lot of them behind home plate already left.

  • Love 1
Posted
2 hours ago, Underachiever said:

I am trying to line up my ticket source at Rate Field for the Brewers-White Sox WS. 

White Sox putting it to the Astros in Game 2. 

Dream series for me.

 

White Sox are my 2nd favorite team.

 

 

Pretty much the only team I would take any solace whatsoever in losing to.

Posted
2 hours ago, markedman5 said:

That lefty reliever for the Braves didn’t allow one homer vs a lefty all season and gave up back to back to Schwarber and Harper………sometimes it all makes sense until it doesn’t. 

And sometimes it costs you a (potential) pile of money.

 

 

  • Sad 1
Posted

I am of the opinion that Steve Stone is one of the last remaining, great classic-era baseball broadcasters. 

It's nice that he gets to call this White Sox series victory on a national broadcast.

  • Like 1
  • Love 1
Posted
2 hours ago, Underachiever said:

I am trying to line up my ticket source at Rate Field for the Brewers-White Sox WS. 

White Sox putting it to the Astros in Game 2. 

I knew the Astros would lose, I didn't expect Hunter Brown to be horrible. 

Posted
2 hours ago, owbc said:

If the White Sox make the World Series I'll become a believer in divine intervention. 

Well, the Pope's a White Sox fan; maybe he's called in a marker?

  • Like 1
Posted

I have to give credit to these Peacock broadcast teams. They are not just lacking in annoyance factor, but most of them actually add something to the game. It's a good idea to bring on the local color guys and go with a three-person both with a known voice on lead PxP.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
The Twins Daily Caretaker Fund
The Brewer Fanatic Caretaker Fund

You all care about this site. The next step is caring for it. We’re asking you to caretake this site so it can remain the premier Brewers community on the internet. Included with caretaking is ad-free browsing of Brewer Fanatic.

×
×
  • Create New...