Jump to content
Brewer Fanatic
Posted
Just now, OldSchoolSnapper said:

I didn't really understand the controversy there. I saw more than one fly ball hit the roof at the Metrodome and it was just a regular play after hitting the roof regardless of what happened. I don't know why the broadcast kept suggesting it would be ruled a homer. I started second guessing myself they were so convinced of it. 

A couple of them were not using logic and were freaking out.

 

someone clearly knew the rule and that it had to hit beyond the wall to be a HR.

Community Moderator
Posted
3 minutes ago, MrTPlush said:

The craziest HR robbery in the history of baseball.

Richie Sexton hit a flagpole in CF 25 feet up on the pole.

 

  • Like 3

"Rock, sometime, when the team is up against it, and the breaks are beating the boys, tell 'em to go out there with all they got and win just one for the Uecker. I don't know where I'll be then, Rock but I'll know about it; and I'll be happy."

Community Moderator
Posted

It could have gone out, it could have bounced sideways into play, it could have bounced foul. It went straight down into the glove. 
 

Statcast says it would have been an out 

  • Like 4
Posted
Just now, OldSchoolSnapper said:

Not trying to be Mr. Negative but if it's possible to feel less confident at 1-0 than 0-0 I think I might be there. 

Let’s see how Henderson does tomorrow. He’s been pitching awfully well lately.

Community Moderator
Posted
1 minute ago, OldSchoolSnapper said:

Not trying to be Mr. Negative but if it's possible to feel less confident at 1-0 than 0-0 I think I might be there. 

It’s not how, it’s how many 

And it’s a sign of a really freaking good team to win that battle 

  • Like 3
Verified Member
Posted
Just now, owbc said:

It could have gone out, it could have bounced sideways into play, it could have bounced foul. It went straight down into the glove. 
 

Statcast says it would have been an out 

Grok 

 

  • Like 6
Verified Member
Posted
1 minute ago, owbc said:

I don’t know if that was the ghost of Ueck or what 

I thought the same thing Thank you again Uecker😊

  • Like 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Love 1
Posted
1 minute ago, OldSchoolSnapper said:

Not trying to be Mr. Negative but if it's possible to feel less confident at 1-0 than 0-0 I think I might be there. 

Really? I feel really confident. 

  • Love 1
Posted
Just now, CheezWizHed said:

Richie Sexton hit a flagpole in CF 75 feet up on the pole.

 

This one has always been crazy to considering how far that pole is from home plate. Definitely the deepest homerun robbery. Lol

  • Like 1
Posted
1 minute ago, OldSchoolSnapper said:

Not trying to be Mr. Negative but if it's possible to feel less confident at 1-0 than 0-0 I think I might be there. 

I’m not. We got a win. We needed it badly, but we got it. 
 

Posted
17 minutes ago, CheezWizHed said:

So did Miz.  Just about everyone was tight and a touch rusty. 

Let's hope they get it all out of their system after this first emotional win.

  • Like 1
Community Moderator
Posted
2 minutes ago, OldSchoolSnapper said:

Not trying to be Mr. Negative but if it's possible to feel less confident at 1-0 than 0-0 I think I might be there. 

I feel better winning.  If SD had won with a bunch of bloop hits and we had crushed a bunch of outs, I'd feel much worse. 

"Rock, sometime, when the team is up against it, and the breaks are beating the boys, tell 'em to go out there with all they got and win just one for the Uecker. I don't know where I'll be then, Rock but I'll know about it; and I'll be happy."

Posted
1 minute ago, baseball101 said:

Really? I feel really confident. 

Yeah, don't get not feeling confident at this point.

but it's not like every guy suddenly forgot every piece of advice he gave
Brewer Fanatic Contributor
Posted

 

 

  • Like 3
"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006
Posted

All the escalators from the 400 level to the 200 level are broken. I might not get home until 1 AM

  • WHOA SOLVDD 4

"I wasted so much time in my life hating Juventus or A.C. Milan that I should have spent hating the Cardinals." ~kalle8

Posted
1 minute ago, BCF said:

Grok 

 

Lol what. The ball was caught at the warning track after hitting the roof and coming straight down. I’m so glad it happened and no way to know if it would have been fair or foul but there’s no way that ball doesn’t end up in the stands somewhere if the roof is open. 

  • Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
The Twins Daily Caretaker Fund
The Brewer Fanatic Caretaker Fund

You all care about this site. The next step is caring for it. We’re asking you to caretake this site so it can remain the premier Brewers community on the internet. Included with caretaking is ad-free browsing of Brewer Fanatic.

×
×
  • Create New...