Jump to content
Brewer Fanatic
Posted
56 minutes ago, Team Canada said:

I'm surprised the game thread kept going so long after the game was declared over after it was 2-0.

That was me. I think most can tell you that I was being sarcastic. I’m viewed as an annoying “positive” poster.

Posted

 

Obviously it doesn't matter and people will think what they want but I think the right field camera (53 seconds) is by far the best view.  That ball is still climbing, it's going pretty slow, not really traveling forward at a high rate that makes you think it's going to have the power to get out.  Then it hits the roof and richchets forward a lot faster than it had been going to me at least.

I don't know, I hated physics, maybe I'm completely wrong about the way the ball is moving and my eyes are super biased or something.  Just seems the longer that ball is in the air and the higher it goes, the more power it loses and I feel where it ended up being caught is about where it would have ended up had it not hit the roof.

Posted
11 minutes ago, trwi7 said:

 

Obviously it doesn't matter and people will think what they want but I think the right field camera (53 seconds) is by far the best view.  That ball is still climbing, it's going pretty slow, not really traveling forward at a high rate that makes you think it's going to have the power to get out.  Then it hits the roof and richchets forward a lot faster than it had been going to me at least.

I don't know, I hated physics, maybe I'm completely wrong about the way the ball is moving and my eyes are super biased or something.  Just seems the longer that ball is in the air and the higher it goes, the more power it loses and I feel where it ended up being caught is about where it would have ended up had it not hit the roof.

When you also consider the amount of backspin that ball had to get that high, as soon as it hits the roof that energy is going to push that ball further out - and the video shows that, too.  Its like a topping shot on a tennis court, only in reverse since the ball is hitting the ceiling and not the ground.

I think without the roof it winds up foul or its a wall scraper home run - but not some 450' long bomb - high exit velo straight up in the air doesnt mean if it hits the roof 310 feet put that its going another 200 feet further

Posted

Honestly I think it was shameful of the broadcast and post game show to act like that was definitively going to be a HR if it didn’t hit the roof. Maybe it would have (I personally think it’s either a fly out or foul ball) but there’s no way anyone definitively knows.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
The Twins Daily Caretaker Fund
The Brewer Fanatic Caretaker Fund

You all care about this site. The next step is caring for it. We’re asking you to caretake this site so it can remain the premier Brewers community on the internet. Included with caretaking is ad-free browsing of Brewer Fanatic.

×
×
  • Create New...