Jump to content
Brewer Fanatic

Brewers vs Dodgers Open Thread: News / Notes / Predictions / Miscellaneous. What's on your Mind?


Posted

Stealing Just Some Guy’s thread from the division series. What’s on your mind?
 

Feels like we have a lot better chance than last year. Year older, guys have gotten better. Dodgers defense and offense look worse than last, but the rotation is still incredible.

Homer pick but I’m going Brewers in 7

Recommended Posts

Posted
4 minutes ago, MoreTrife said:

What time do we think Game 1 and 2 will be??

Game 1 is 7:08 pm. My guess is same time for Game 2.

As for the series, my head says the Dodgers win in 5 or 6. We'll see. I really want to believe.

Posted

Brewers are better this year than last. They're healthier. And winning the NLDS in 4 instead of 5 means having everyone rested, and able to line up the pitching exactly the way they want. 

Now is that enough to win the series? Who knows. I'll still have the Dodgers as favorites. But it won't be as one-sided as last year, and the chances of winning are IMO quite clearly better.  

Posted
16 minutes ago, OldSchoolSnapper said:

Game 1 is 7:08 pm. My guess is same time for Game 2.

As for the series, my head says the Dodgers win in 5 or 6. We'll see. I really want to believe.

Game 2 is probably going to be at 3 or 4 pm on Monday, if they keep the same scheduling from the past several years

Posted

Am I optimistic? No

Do I think we win this series? Definitely not.

Miz definitely has to show up. 4 innings from Miz and Henderson isn’t going to cut it. I always knew we didn’t need to play our best to beat the Padres, but that isn’t going to fly against the Dodgers. The errors certainly won’t cut it.

I like to think we at least get the series back to MKE before losing.

Posted
3 minutes ago, bucks2281 said:

Game 2 is probably going to be at 3 or 4 pm on Monday, if they keep the same scheduling from the past several years

I'm just guessing but I think I'd be surprised if they didn't have the late slot on Monday. I'm guessing they want the Dodgers in the primetime slots.

  • Like 2
Posted
4 minutes ago, wiguy94 said:

I'm just guessing but I think I'd be surprised if they didn't have the late slot on Monday. I'm guessing they want the Dodgers in the primetime slots.

Yah I can’t imagine any world in which the White Sox/Rays is the primetime game. 

Posted

Dodgers/Mets got the early slot two years ago. But we’ll see.

I think it’s like a 1 in 3 chance the Brewers win this series. Maybe slightly better. I know we are scarred by what happened last year, but the Dodgers got outplayed by Toronto and needed a lot of luck to win those final two games. So we’ll see. This series will for sure end in Milwaukee though. 

Community Moderator
Posted

We all know what happened last year. I don't think it's relevant for this year other than the fact that this team has been laser focused on earning a rematch and winning it since day 1 of spring training. 

The Padres were the hottest team in baseball and we took care of them playing our brand of baseball. I know the scores were close but we had some bad BABIP luck and we out-pitched them by a mile. We held them to 2 solo home runs and we won 2 games without hitting a HR at all. I loved the way we aggressively pitched the Padres especially with no runners on base. It was a good challenge and for guys like Pratt it was perfect for getting the playoff jitters out and giving us a challenge without burning up our pitching. 

I lean cautiously optimistic. In terms of talent it's probably even given their injury situation. When it comes down to the critical moments of the series, we're going to want it more than they do. Like the Padres, they lack pitching depth and we can wear them down as the series progresses if we play our brand of baseball. We have to avoid giving up home runs with runners on base, especially to the bottom half of their order. 

Brewers in 6

Posted
11 minutes ago, bucks2281 said:

Dodgers/Mets got the early slot two years ago. But we’ll see.

I think it’s like a 1 in 3 chance the Brewers win this series. Maybe slightly better. I know we are scarred by what happened last year, but the Dodgers got outplayed by Toronto and needed a lot of luck to win those final two games. So we’ll see. This series will for sure end in Milwaukee though. 

You're right but the Yankees were also in the ALCS two years ago. The ALCS this year is Tampa vs Cleveland/Chicago. Maybe that changes things?

Posted
2 minutes ago, wiguy94 said:

You're right but the Yankees were also in the ALCS two years ago. The ALCS this year is Tampa vs Cleveland/Chicago. Maybe that changes things?

Yeah, but I think they care more about giving the same number of prime time vs. late afternoon games to TBS and Fox. It’s not really fair for Turner to get a dog of an ALCS in terms of matchup and then stick all of those games at 4 or 5 pm, as opposed to 8 pm ET.

Posted

As much as I want to believe, I just don’t trust this offense will be able to do enough. Too many holes and unless the staff is nearly perfect I just can’t imagine more than 1 win. I’ll say LA in 5.
 

Hope I’m wrong and this post is mocked for years. 

Posted
1 hour ago, MoreTrife said:

What time do we think Game 1 and 2 will be??

Frustrating that MLB has not published the start times yet at least for games one and two of each series. There is only one game on Sunday and they know were it will be. What's the hold up? They also know the location of both games on Monday.  Should not take this long to get the times out. 

*

Posted

We have so many lefties to throw at their good left-handed hitters. I'm not too scared of their offense; it's their starting pitching that scares me. 

I think it's a real coin-flip as to who wins this series.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
The Twins Daily Caretaker Fund
The Brewer Fanatic Caretaker Fund

You all care about this site. The next step is caring for it. We’re asking you to caretake this site so it can remain the premier Brewers community on the internet. Included with caretaking is ad-free browsing of Brewer Fanatic.

×
×
  • Create New...