Jump to content
Brewer Fanatic
Posted

The best team in baseball takes on the hottest team in baseball™ in Game 3 at Petco Park. A Brewers win advances Milwaukee to the NLCS.

Nick Pivetta has a 1.64 ERA in five starts since returning from IL in September. All September starts were 5 IP or less.

Dustin May has been excellent against San Diego this season. 1.23 ERA against the Padres in 2026 spanning three starts.

image.png

Recommended Posts

Posted

Hard to believe but the Brewers have not won a playoff game on the road since Game 3 of the 2018 NLCS in Los Angeles. Time for that to end tonight. 

  • Like 2
Verified Member
Posted

Let's get up early by a nice 5 run margin, let May have a good day and go 5 or 6 before turning it over to the B side of the pen.

  • Like 1
Posted

There's just no rest in a playoff run. I still feel like the series completely turns if we don't get this one and then just feel certain it will go back to MKE which I just want no part of.

  • Like 1
Posted

I’m not sure how a team comes back from this:

image.gif.8472c5e10bf35799d43edbc0d01de7ff.gif
and frankly, I don’t want to find out.

So I hope we have good May, and that the lefty bats are cooking, and we extinguish their flickering flame tonight.

Chicago delenda est

Posted
10 minutes ago, HarveysWBs said:

I’m not sure how a team comes back from this:

image.gif.8472c5e10bf35799d43edbc0d01de7ff.gif
and frankly, I don’t want to find out.

So I hope we have good May, and that the lefty bats are cooking, and we extinguish their flickering flame tonight.

I agree. We don’t want San Diego to win tonight and have every reason to believe they will win Game 4 to send it back to Milwaukee.

Posted
40 minutes ago, igor67 said:

Let's get up early by a nice 5 run margin, let May have a good day and go 5 or 6 before turning it over to the B side of the pen.

I don't think there is a chance we see the B bullpen if they are up by any margin late. To put it in laymen's terms, there is no Chafin-proof lead today.

"Go ahead. Try to disagree with me. I dare you." Jeffrey Leonard.

Posted
41 minutes ago, OldSchoolSnapper said:

There's just no rest in a playoff run. I still feel like the series completely turns if we don't get this one and then just feel certain it will go back to MKE which I just want no part of.

We have been in this spot 3 times in recent memory. Twice the series ended up back in Milwaukee and once we simply completed the sweep.

I can’t imagine us losing three games in a row, but also, I won’t act like this series isn’t going to end up a nailbiter anyway.

Posted

The day off gave us fans a chance to revel in the walk off, relive it many times over without needing to switch focus on another game immediately. The Brewers got to bask in the glow. I wonder how it affected SD. Helped or hurt? They could either stew and let it gnaw at them, or maybe the extra time helped soothe the psychological gut punch. 

Posted
3 minutes ago, owbc said:

The Brewers have never swept a postseason series. 
 

Until tonight! 

Thought for sure they swept the Rockies in 2018.

Community Moderator
Posted
2 minutes ago, adambr2 said:

Thought for sure they swept the Rockies in 2018.

Correction…

The Brewers have never swept the Padres in a postseason series…

until tonight! 

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
The Twins Daily Caretaker Fund
The Brewer Fanatic Caretaker Fund

You all care about this site. The next step is caring for it. We’re asking you to caretake this site so it can remain the premier Brewers community on the internet. Included with caretaking is ad-free browsing of Brewer Fanatic.

×
×
  • Create New...