Jump to content
Brewer Fanatic
Posted

I've got an event tonight, helping sponsor our neighborhood's National Night Out and thankfully it goes until 8:30, so I'll try to pack up quick and get home. It's not a far drive. 

Posted

"I don't know if he was tipping or not," Gary Sanchez said. "And if he was, I wasn't aware of it.  Even if he was, and we were aware of it, hitting 104 [mph] is not easy by any means. "Hitting a pitch of that caliber, and pitches of that caliber, there's nothing easy about that. But again, I don't. I wasn't aware. If he was tipping, I was focused on other things in the game."

 

Brewers Manager Pat Murphy Reacts to Allegations Mason Miller Pitch Tipping.

 
 

Brewers manager Pat Murphy at American Family Field.

 

Sep 20, 2026; Baltimore, Maryland, USA; Milwaukee Brewers manager Pat Murphy looks on prior to the game between the Baltimore Orioles and the Milwaukee Brewers Oriole Park at Camden Yards. Mandatory Credit: James A. Pittman-Imagn Images | IMAGN IMAGES via Reuters Connect

 

Whether or not Miller was tipping his pitches means very little to the Brewers. If they have something on him, they certainly aren't going to divulge anything publically. But it serves as a key reminder for the club, as manager Pat Murphy spoke about.

 

“I’d be not telling the truth if I didn’t tell you that it’s part of our game today in a big way,” Murphy told McCalvy before Game 3. “The most important part is to make sure your pitchers, catchers, infielders, coaches, nobody’s giving anything away.”

 

The game within the game is finding tells that can give you a slight edge against the opponent. If the opposing pitcher is tipping their pitches in subtle ways, it gives the hitter more of an edge. The game very much favors the pitcher, considering the average player will make an out nearly 70% of the time.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
The Twins Daily Caretaker Fund
The Brewer Fanatic Caretaker Fund

You all care about this site. The next step is caring for it. We’re asking you to caretake this site so it can remain the premier Brewers community on the internet. Included with caretaking is ad-free browsing of Brewer Fanatic.

×
×
  • Create New...