Jump to content
Brewer Fanatic
Posted
14 minutes ago, gregmag said:

That’s not a problem. It’s a way of keeping a culture alive and bringing new people in. It’s kind of the whole point. 

Agreed. Someday, maybe people will come around and believe that Murphy's choices, while not perfect, reflect an ethic, culture and attitude that is working. Something is lifting the Brewers, and it isn't payroll or established superstars doing the lifting.

Aaron Judge: 

Two years ago in spring training, he sat with his friend and former teammate Anthony Rizzo. The topic was the tradition that surrounds, even suffocates, everyone who puts on a Yankees uniform.

"You gotta make sure you sit with the young guys," Judge told Rizzo, "and tell them about The Yankee Way."

What does Spencer Jones need to know about Ruth, Mantle, Reggie? I bet he rolls his eyes at Judge. 

These are the good old days. Hurry up, Sunday!

  • Like 1

"Go ahead. Try to disagree with me. I dare you." Jeffrey Leonard.

Posted
1 hour ago, Bulldogboy said:

Let me hand you a tissue my man. I love Uke as much as the next guy but like others have said the longer he's been gone the more the letter effect wears off. At least save it for when you actually win it all. Hokey? A lot a bit.

A tissue?

I'm good.  The fact that you don't understand the point drives it home even further.

  • Like 1
Verified Member
Posted

After the win, I turn to my wife and go "Oh, that's right.  I have to look for tickets now."

 

Posted
2 hours ago, Bulldogboy said:

Kids should not be sitting and answering reporters questions at mlb press conferences imo. If you think it's cute and fun that's cool. For me it's unprofessional and puts the reporters in a tough spot. Unless you want to grill a guy about his decisions in front of his children. 

It's amazing to me what people choose to care about that really doesn't matter one little bit. Like, not even the tiniest bit.

  • Like 9
Posted

The celebrations are quite obviously contrivances encouraged --- nay, contractually obligated --- by MLB/Media. The Pancakes were dumb. The Ueck letters are dumb. The ski-goggles are dumb. But it's the "Show," after all. There's an awful lot of dumb stuff that publicly-facing entertainers have to provide media so that we can gorge ourselves on it. And when you are the soon-to-be three time manager of the year on a team full of kids, YOU are the show, whether you want that attention for yourself, or you accept that attention for your team.

For everyone that dislikes it, that's fine, but just like posters here, one can choose to ignore it. I PROMISE YOU, that if Murph and the clubhouse had their way, they would do with less media present, so that fans can't dissect every meaningful moment between teammates after a HUGE win.

I want the letters to go away, but I don't want the legend of Ueck to "go away". He represents us. Brewers fans. Milwaukee fans. We are fortunate that the organization's heart and soul is represented by the fans instead of by logos and trademarks and piped in noize at stadiums.

Posted
29 minutes ago, Brock Beauchamp said:

This thread is the ninth-most commented thread in the history of the site, and the most-commented since we flipped from BrewerFan to Fanatic.

I bet it would have been more if the Crew lost!

Posted
12 minutes ago, SeaBass said:

It's amazing to me what people choose to care about that really doesn't matter one little bit. Like, not even the tiniest bit.

When it’s coming from the same guy that was arguing in mid August that the Brewers should decline Contreras $12m option and non-tender him, I just keep scrolling. 

Verified Member
Posted
9 hours ago, Pugger said:

Did they think we won 103 games with smoke and mirrors?

Well, sometimes, we kind of did...lol

  • WHOA SOLVDD 1
"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS
Posted
9 minutes ago, DonBarclay said:

When it’s coming from the same guy that was arguing in mid August that the Brewers should decline Contreras $12m option and non-tender him, I just keep scrolling. 

Sure but this is not the only poster that has this weird issue with Murphy's kids being present at a press conference. A) what percentage of baseball fans even choose to watch a full press conference, and B) what even tinier percentage of those viewers have this particular issue? It's just so incredibly unimportant.

Hey, someone being annoyed that the kids are there is fine, right? Ok, I can accept a person having that feeling in the moment. But it's been harped upon over and over and over on this message board for a couple years now. It's... weird.

  • Like 5
Verified Member
Posted
8 hours ago, greenlawler said:

Jeter on the postgame calls us the most complete team, watch him pick the Dodgers in 5

Those same talking head jackoffs will all pick the Dodgers, they are like robots.  Hell, I'm guessing most people will pick the Dodgers until something happens that make them fall off that wagon.

SCREW THE DODGERS!

  • Like 1
"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS
Posted
1 hour ago, Brock Beauchamp said:

This thread is the ninth-most commented thread in the history of the site, and the most-commented since we flipped from BrewerFan to Fanatic.

Goodness, what were the other eight?

  • WHOA SOLVDD 2
Posted

Genuine question: why should we like our chances better than last year’s team that got sent packing quickly and didn’t look like they belonged on the same field with the Dodgers?

I'm not saying we shouldn’t — I feel better about our chances this year than last, I just can’t really come up with any reason other than a better feeling about it than last year. 

I'm just struggling to substantiate why, because it’s largely the same rosters. So I wonder how others feel about it. 

Posted
8 minutes ago, adambr2 said:

Genuine question: why should we like our chances better than last year’s team that got sent packing quickly and didn’t look like they belonged on the same field with the Dodgers?

I'm not saying we shouldn’t — I feel better about our chances this year than last, I just can’t really come up with any reason other than a better feeling about it than last year. 

I'm just struggling to substantiate why, because it’s largely the same rosters. So I wonder how others feel about it. 

The Brewers are pretty clearly better this year from a pitching perspective than they were a year ago. 

2026 Misiorowski > 2025 Misiorowski

2026 Henderson > 2025 Freddy

2026 Gasser > 2025 Quintana

Chourio has two hamstrings this year. Mitchell is healthy this year. 

  • Like 3
Verified Member
Posted
4 minutes ago, adambr2 said:

Genuine question: why should we like our chances better than last year’s team that got sent packing quickly and didn’t look like they belonged on the same field with the Dodgers?

I'm not saying we shouldn’t — I feel better about our chances this year than last, I just can’t really come up with any reason other than a better feeling about it than last year. 

I'm just struggling to substantiate why, because it’s largely the same rosters. So I wonder how others feel about it. 

This season has some magic to it, it just feels different to me and I can't put my finger on it.

Last year just didn't feel magical, in any way.  That Cubs series was the world series for us, it felt like it was the best we were going to do even before getting swept by the Dodgers.  We had to kick and scratch for everything, nothing was easy or stress free, EVER.  Not that we didn't have our share of stress this season we did, but the entire feeling about this team, the players, everything, is just different this season.

We may get our tails tromped again by the evil empire in the NLCS, but this year, it genuinely feels like we have a chance, a good chance to be the ones doing the tromping!  Last year never felt like we had a chance after that Cubs series.  I don't think the team/players believed they could win that series, this year's team?  I think they truly believe they can win it!

  • Like 7
"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS
Posted
6 minutes ago, TURBO said:

Those same talking head jackoffs will all pick the Dodgers, they are like robots.  Hell, I'm guessing most people will pick the Dodgers until something happens that make them fall off that wagon.

SCREW THE DODGERS!

It was the equivalent of watching Charles and Kenny dissect college basketball. Like, do those guys even watch baseball?

With all of the valid frustration over the myriad streaming/cable requirements to watch baseball, it has allowed for some variety in terms of production and presentation.

The NBC coverage has been exemplary (Benetti has a lot to do with this). TBS is acceptable unless Smoltz is droning on. ESPN does baseball as if they hate the sport.

Fox just SUUUXXX. Muppet-man has me averting my eyes, and Papi just needs to go, god love him. Jeter could be great if he was with the right combination of panelists, but A-Rod's slick businessman thing doesn't work at all. And then they got the ONLY guy that watches baseball over in a subway platform trying not to embarrass the HOFers, like some sagacious homeless guy offering wisdom in exchange for dimes. It's awful.

And then the booth has Wainwright having to bridge the gap between a milquetoast pro and a former catcher/dirtbag, current podcaster/dirtbag.

Baseball deserves better.

  • Like 3
Posted
1 hour ago, Playing Catch said:

The celebrations are quite obviously contrivances encouraged --- nay, contractually obligated --- by MLB/Media. The Pancakes were dumb. The Ueck letters are dumb. The ski-goggles are dumb. But it's the "Show," after all. There's an awful lot of dumb stuff that publicly-facing entertainers have to provide media so that we can gorge ourselves on it. And when you are the soon-to-be three time manager of the year on a team full of kids, YOU are the show, whether you want that attention for yourself, or you accept that attention for your team.

For everyone that dislikes it, that's fine, but just like posters here, one can choose to ignore it. I PROMISE YOU, that if Murph and the clubhouse had their way, they would do with less media present, so that fans can't dissect every meaningful moment between teammates after a HUGE win.

I want the letters to go away, but I don't want the legend of Ueck to "go away". He represents us. Brewers fans. Milwaukee fans. We are fortunate that the organization's heart and soul is represented by the fans instead of by logos and trademarks and piped in noize at stadiums.

My biggest thing about the “letters”… If we had one the first time we made the playoffs after Ueck passed, and then another when we win the WS, that would be amazing, inspiring, tear jerking, etc. When we’re on letter 3 or 4 now it’s more like “here we go again”, it just kind of loses the meaning that it’s supposed to have, to me. 

It’s whatever though, that’s just my opinion and it’s not a big deal to me. He would know better than I on what will connect with the clubhouse, 

  • Like 3
Posted
21 minutes ago, adambr2 said:

Genuine question: why should we like our chances better than last year’s team that got sent packing quickly and didn’t look like they belonged on the same field with the Dodgers?

I'm not saying we shouldn’t — I feel better about our chances this year than last, I just can’t really come up with any reason other than a better feeling about it than last year. 

I'm just struggling to substantiate why, because it’s largely the same rosters. So I wonder how others feel about it. 

I am concerned about the offense. I've seen a lot of the same issues as last season's matchup with the Dodgers during the Padres series. But also I have to believe that they're going to do better than scoring 1 singular run per game and I'd really like to think they're not going to just get swept out of the NLCS a second year in a row.

Their pitching and defense should hopefully be able to hold up, it's all about the offense doing better than last time for me and it's pretty unlikely that they're going to be that level of bad again. I hope not anyway.

This team is so overdue for a breakout game on offense in the playoffs. Give me one game where they win comfortably, preferably early on and maybe that sets a tone for the series for them.

Posted
20 minutes ago, SeaBass said:

I am concerned about the offense. I've seen a lot of the same issues as last season's matchup with the Dodgers during the Padres series. But also I have to believe that they're going to do better than scoring 1 singular run per game and I'd really like to think they're not going to just get swept out of the NLCS a second year in a row.

Their pitching and defense should hopefully be able to hold up, it's all about the offense doing better than last time for me and it's pretty unlikely that they're going to be that level of bad again. I hope not anyway.

This team is so overdue for a breakout game on offense in the playoffs. Give me one game where they win comfortably, preferably early on and maybe that sets a tone for the series for them.

I think if one things gives me some comfort it is that it would have been pretty hard for us to play worse defensively than we played in the NLDS, and we still won 3-1 and generally kept their offense quiet. 

Posted
3 hours ago, homer said:

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

 

That is such a great photo. Video is everywhere now but sometimes a photo still captures a moment better.

  • Love 1
Posted
2 hours ago, Brock Beauchamp said:

This thread is the ninth-most commented thread in the history of the site, and the most-commented since we flipped from BrewerFan to Fanatic.

Imagine if the game wasn't so stinking late.  I for one was asleep by the 5th inning. Not proud of not watching/tracking the whole game but there's almost no way I can stay up until midnight or later...

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
The Twins Daily Caretaker Fund
The Brewer Fanatic Caretaker Fund

You all care about this site. The next step is caring for it. We’re asking you to caretake this site so it can remain the premier Brewers community on the internet. Included with caretaking is ad-free browsing of Brewer Fanatic.

×
×
  • Create New...