Jump to content
Brewer Fanatic
Posted

As a Brewer fan for 5 decades, I really appreciate the job that Murphy is doing. Is he perfect? No. Could he manage any team? No,

However, part of what is making the Brewers great is the alignment throughout the leadership. To me - it says a great deal about this organization that they have added the Ebel brothers in the first round the last 2 years. I have no clue whether either of these guys will make it to the bigs, much less become stars.

BUT - I know this. These two guys are all about baseball, and understand the work and sacrifice that it takes to develop and give themselves a chance. They also represent guys that will likely never be a distraction to a clubhouse - and likely will be very much aligned for how Murphy runs the team.  

You think about the type of guys the Ebel's are - and I could say the same thing about Pratt, Lara, Frelick, Ortiz....... The Brewers have identified a type of player that they want in the organization - and Murph is the right guy to lead a clubhouse of those guys.

We shall see if a team comprised of these types of guys/players can win the WS. I think it can happen, but it is not done until it is done. Enjoy the ride!

  • Like 2
Posted
5 hours ago, Brock Beauchamp said:

Give Aaron Ashby a day off, man

Fair.

At the same time, the Brewers gave Ashby $20 million reasons to be alright with his usage. I bet they pick up at least one team option year, too.

I assume Ashby is aware of the Brewers plan with him.

  • Like 1
Posted
20 minutes ago, Frisbee Slider said:

Fair.

At the same time, the Brewers gave Ashby $20 million reasons to be alright with his usage. I bet they pick up at least one team option year, too.

I assume Ashby is aware of the Brewers plan with him.

I'm not worried about Ashby; I think it's just good bullpen management on a team that expects to contend deep into October. And Ashby had some pretty ugly outings, often with strong correlation to periods of frequent use.

It just felt REALLY unnecessary. I don't want to see guys like Ashby if the Brewers are losing, unless Ashby just needs reps because he hasn't pitched in a week.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
The Twins Daily Caretaker Fund
The Brewer Fanatic Caretaker Fund

You all care about this site. The next step is caring for it. We’re asking you to caretake this site so it can remain the premier Brewers community on the internet. Included with caretaking is ad-free browsing of Brewer Fanatic.

×
×
  • Create New...