Jump to content
Brewer Fanatic
Verified Member
Posted

amazing win, still taking it in. one play defines whether its 90% padres win the series or 90% brewers

i can be critical of Murph at times, but he has called at the right shot through 2 games between starters and bullpens. straddling innings, outdueling the best bullpen to snatch away 2 wins.

Only critique so far is i dont like how they are using Vaughn. He gets hotter as the games go along and I think we need to find a better place for him out there.

  • Replies 951
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Posted
6 minutes ago, 82brewcrew82 said:

Another overlooked moment is Sal gunning down Machado to end that inning.  Padres have plenty to consider about their play too.

Good point. That and Pratt's leaping grab were maybe the two best defensive plays in a game that had quite a few.

Posted
10 minutes ago, markedman5 said:

 

I guess that's why the play at home was way closer than I thought it would be. Chourio smoked it, and Merrill really does have an absolute cannon.

Posted

I'm fairly interested in Murph's 'non response' to the game winner. He has no reaction right away, then offers a fist bump to whomever approaches him first while pandemonium is spiraling down on the city.

Posted

Just got home from AmFam. Yesterday’s game was a raucous celebration for three hours. Today, the tension in the stadium was real. There were some pin-drop quiet moments today that didn’t happen yesterday. 
 

Until, well, you know when. Then the place exploded. I am so grateful I got to be there. Going to bed now.

  • Like 5
  • Love 5

"Go ahead. Try to disagree with me. I dare you." Jeffrey Leonard.

Posted
1 minute ago, liveforoctober said:

I'm fairly interested in Murph's 'non response' to the game winner. He has no reaction right away, then offers a fist bump to whomever approaches him first while pandemonium is spiraling down on the city.

That's definitely his personality. Stoic skipper while the kids celebrate. 

Posted
2 minutes ago, liveforoctober said:

I'm fairly interested in Murph's 'non response' to the game winner. He has no reaction right away, then offers a fist bump to whomever approaches him first while pandemonium is spiraling down on the city.

Comes from the Jay Wright school………”bang” 😎

  • Love 1
Posted
1 hour ago, Pugger said:

A Fraud.  lol

All those clowns were rooting for SD.  Very unprofessional.

I've called him A Fraud for a long, long, long time. 

Posted
3 minutes ago, willie key said:

Sal had a great game today btw.     Game winning plays all around.     

Was just thinking this.  Sal was really key today.

but it's not like every guy suddenly forgot every piece of advice he gave
Verified Member
Posted

It’s always funny hearing post game interviews after a tough loss 

Hey Mason, how are you feeling right now

 

 

Posted

There are not enough angles. I want more angles. Give me the angle from the bullpen tv. I want the angle from inside the food trucks in the food truck alley. I want the angle from the space station.

  • Like 1
  • WHOA SOLVDD 1
  • Love 1
Posted
12 minutes ago, markedman5 said:

Comes from the Jay Wright school………”bang” 😎

Here's' to the same ending, though maybe slightly less dramatic (not sure my nervous system can take it).

Posted

I’ve been to hundreds of games over the years and I’m hard pressed to think of one with an ending more exciting than that one. The crowd was unbelievable.

For about 3 hours it seemed like it was foing to be a disheartening losses with mistakes in the form of a wild pitch and errors leading to Padres runs. 

  • Like 1
Note: If I raise something as a POSSIBILITY that does not mean that I EXPECT it to happen.
Brewer Fanatic Contributor
Posted

 

 

  • Love 1
"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006
Posted
27 minutes ago, liveforoctober said:

There are not enough angles. I want more angles. Give me the angle from the bullpen tv. I want the angle from inside the food trucks in the food truck alley. I want the angle from the space station.

I love seeing the fan cams on big plays in any sport.  Nothing better than seeing the fans erupting at a huge moment.  Best angle today in my opinion was the fans behind home plate.  There’s two Padres fans standing front row with their arms crossed as everyone around them erupts!   Can’t imagine what theyspent on flight, hotel, and front row seats just to be disappointed, lol.

IMG_0277.jpeg.65929c12d632d6f2813f2ec71b136687.jpeg

Posted
2 minutes ago, BruisedCrew said:

I’ve been to hundreds of games over the years and I’m hard pressed to think of one with an ending more exciting than that one. The crowd was unbelievable.

For about 3 hours it seemed like it was foing to be a disheartening losses with mistakes in the form of a wild pitch and errors leading to Padres runs. 

It's exactly how you would write the movie if given control of the story.

The vaunted bullpen looms and you know you have to avoid it (and him). You spend all game fighting to get even or ahead so you can avoid the monster waiting. Tug and pull. Back and forth.

But you fail.

He arrives. Just with a small caveat that gives you a glimmer (he has to get 6 outs). Will he tire? CAN he even tire? You have your best chance at him first. But he makes quick work of your best. It doesn't look good at all. You have a 2nd chance but it is with all of your cast aways and scorned. The odds are STACKED against. Surely this won't end well. But the broken down captain holds serve. The much maligned misfit follows suit!

Then the false finish. 

Vaughn off the bench. Here is the chance. Our ace up the sleeve. We could actually pull this off!.. but the monster roars back. Hope is stifled. Our Ace gone.

We can now see the hand dealt. Our on deck circle holds our hero. But little odds do we have for him to have an opportunity. A David vs Goliath battle ensues just to extend our life.

Only our David is secretly a Kraken.

What a selfless at bat. 

The hero steps to the plate with the bases full of our most criticized. The monster offers his best. The hero doesn't flinch. 

How about that one folks?

Posted
48 minutes ago, liveforoctober said:

There are not enough angles. I want more angles. Give me the angle from the bullpen tv. I want the angle from inside the food trucks in the food truck alley. I want the angle from the space station.

Here's my view from our seats 

Posted

What a thrilling win! Listened to this game on the radio as my streaming service wasn't showing the game live. Makes you wonder why you pay! Anyway, my first post here, writing from Australia.

A Brewers fan from country Australia

Posted
3 minutes ago, Brewers Downunder said:

What a thrilling win! Listened to this game on the radio as my streaming service wasn't showing the game live. Makes you wonder why you pay! Anyway, my first post here, writing from Australia.

Welcome!!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
The Twins Daily Caretaker Fund
The Brewer Fanatic Caretaker Fund

You all care about this site. The next step is caring for it. We’re asking you to caretake this site so it can remain the premier Brewers community on the internet. Included with caretaking is ad-free browsing of Brewer Fanatic.

×
×
  • Create New...