Jump to content
Brewer Fanatic
Posted
5 minutes ago, Brewers Downunder said:

What a thrilling win! Listened to this game on the radio as my streaming service wasn't showing the game live. Makes you wonder why you pay! Anyway, my first post here, writing from Australia.

Great to have you. I'll never forget Graeme Lloyd and Dave Nilsson - first Australian battery in MLB history. Go Crew!

  • Like 4
  • Love 2
Posted
29 minutes ago, GoondockSaint said:

Just got home from the game, that was the best game I've ever been to! 

Yeah, I wasn't at G5 last year, but this was easily the best sporting experience of my life.

At first I was dreading that Turang's awful error was going to be the difference. Then I was feeling pretty pessimistic when Miller blew through the 8th. In the 9th, I was figuring it'd be like the Dodgers game last year where they almost came back against Sasaki.

Then they put on a masterclass of pitch selection and patience and once it got back to Chourio, you just knew it was going to happen. And it did.

  • Like 4
Posted
13 minutes ago, Brewers Downunder said:

What a thrilling win! Listened to this game on the radio as my streaming service wasn't showing the game live. Makes you wonder why you pay! Anyway, my first post here, writing from Australia.

GIF by Giphy QA

  • WHOA SOLVDD 3

"I wasted so much time in my life hating Juventus or A.C. Milan that I should have spent hating the Cardinals." ~kalle8

Posted
1 minute ago, Dragonbait said:

ATL - LAD are now 1-1.!!!

Go braves. I assume there is a League wide understanding that anybody that knocks out the dodgers gets free steak dinners at every road venue the first night next season.

  • Like 1
Posted
2 minutes ago, Dragonbait said:

ATL - LAD are now 1-1.!!!

When Muncy homered I thought 'here we go'.

 

I'd rather the Brewers play (and beat) the Dodgers. Nothing like taking out the reigning champs 😉

  • Like 1
  • Love 1

A Brewers fan from country Australia

Verified Member
Posted
5 minutes ago, Dragonbait said:

ATL - LAD are now 1-1.!!!

And Braves have Sale pitching on Tuesday 

Posted
22 minutes ago, Brewers Downunder said:

Thanks for the welcome folks 😃

I'm a recent convert, so have a lot of history to catch up on.

In the beginning, there was Bristol, Brabender, Harper and Krause. 

  • Like 1
  • WHOA SOLVDD 3
  • Love 1

"Go ahead. Try to disagree with me. I dare you." Jeffrey Leonard.

Posted

Just rewatched the condensed version of the game.

Chourio will get all the attention for this win, but Sal Frelick was the MVP:

-RBI Single for the first run

-Moved Mitchell into scoring position for run #2.

- Clutch throw out of Machado at 3rd.

-Walked in the 9th and was the winning run.

Two of our worst offensive players and most disappointing players this year (Yelich/Frelick) really set the table offensively in this game. 

  • Like 7
  • Love 2
Community Moderator
Posted

I heard the ending on the radio. Still can’t believe it. What a moment. Gotta get one more to move on! 

  • Like 1
Posted

To me the Gary Sanchez at bat was the one that won it and was the most critical.  There were some pitches in that at bat that Gary normally swings at especially the second pitch and pitch five.  

Vaughn also got a pitch to hit and it went off the end of the bat.  If Vaughn times that up a bit better that probably ties the game and maybe wins it.  

Chourio's at bat was also really good.  After swinging at the first fastball he didn't chase on the second pitch.  Then he times up pitch 4 and fouls it off and then he lays off the slider which I think he was going to take anyway even if it was a strike.  Chourio looked like he was looking for the fastball and that is all he was looking for in that situation.  I think if Miller is able to get a slider over Chourio probably K's looking.  

  • Like 4
Posted
4 hours ago, Cool Hand Lucroy said:

 

1) I think that Chourio single is easily a top 3 hit in franchise history. I wasn't around in '82, but Cooper's single, Morgan's winner, and what we saw tonight. 

One helluva post, thanks for putting the time in. I highlighted #1 as you mentioned three biggies, and Chourios' hit was the only one where I wasn't in the ballpark. One other that MIGHT qualify was the Yount HR in game #162 in Baltimore in '82. Back then, you win the division or sit home, and Milwaukee had lost 4 in a row to drop to a tie with the Orioles w/one game left, in Baltimore. They had kicked our asses all weekend, Jim Palmer was on the mound; Earl Weaver had announced it was his last season. The place was a mad house & the team looked dead in the water all weekend. Yount homered in the 1st inning & it just seemed like a switch was flipped. He homered again in his 2nd AB, Don Sutton shut 'em down & Milwaukee won 10-2.

Yount is, of course, on everyones' Brewer Mt Rushmore. But I think room better be made on the rock facing for the kid we saw thrill all of us in game 2.

  • Like 2
  • Love 2
Verified Member
Posted

I see that they have Dustin May listed as the starter for Tuesday.  Wonder if Gasser will be following him up since I expect May to go once threw the order only? 

Posted
9 hours ago, yfinn6 said:

I saw a comment on Reddit that I haven't verified but it was "the Brewers saw 28 pitches from Miller in the 9th and didn't swing at a single pitch outside of the zone." 

That is really something, if true. Miller is the best reliever in baseball. 


Math checks out. 

Mitchell: 2 pitches, both in zone. Ground out

Yelich: 5 pitches, zero swings outside the zone. Zero swings, actually. Walk

Frelick: 6 pitches, zero swings. Walk

Vaughn: 3 pitches, 1 swing in zone. Fly out

Sanchez: 6 pitches, zero swings. Walk

Chourio: 6 pitches, zero swings outside zone. 
 

Miller’s misses in the ninth were not particularly close. I read Miller saying he entirely lost his command at the end there. Just trying to get things over the plate. 

 

  • Like 1
Posted

That might have been the best win I've personally watched. The kind of game that makes you think something big is happening. A 3-error fart fest, on death's door with 2 outs, guy like Gary Sanchez drawing a walk against the best in the game and your best player coming up to the plate going down 0-2...just an incredible moment.

  • Like 2
Posted
4 hours ago, Brian said:

I see that they have Dustin May listed as the starter for Tuesday.  Wonder if Gasser will be following him up since I expect May to go once threw the order only? 

I think that is what they might be saving Patrick for.

  • Like 1
Community Moderator
Posted
5 hours ago, Brian said:

I see that they have Dustin May listed as the starter for Tuesday.  Wonder if Gasser will be following him up since I expect May to go once threw the order only? 

I doubt it.  They will save Gasser for Game 4 (that won't be needed).  I'd guess we'd have Patrick and Gasser follow May. 

"Rock, sometime, when the team is up against it, and the breaks are beating the boys, tell 'em to go out there with all they got and win just one for the Uecker. I don't know where I'll be then, Rock but I'll know about it; and I'll be happy."

Posted

Couldn't believe the quality ABs from the guys that last inning. Amazing to be able to grind out two Ws and not really be playing our best yet. That last inning was unreal to watch...and extra stressful for me haha

Hopefully the guys can play a little looser now and do what they do. I think we can all agree we still haven't seen the full potential of this team and what it's capable of these first two wins.

  • Like 1
Posted

Still euphoric after that game yesterday...great way to start out Monday!

Looking at how that game unfolded again - Brewers make uncharacteristic fielding errors that give the Padres 2 runs, quiet offense most of the game, narrative building of veteran padres squad putting the screws on a young, plucky team that isnt built for October, 3rd base ump seemingly in the bag for the Padres on check swing calls, home plate ump with a terrible game and one where Contreras/brewer hitters had far more work to do making challenges, announcers and studio talking heads all but actively rooting for the Padres, the roof "controversy" nonsense....

 

And the Brewers just gave it all a big eff you in the bottom of the 9th.

 

  • Like 2
Posted
11 minutes ago, CheezWizHed said:

I doubt it.  They will save Gasser for Game 4 (that won't be needed).  I'd guess we'd have Patrick and Gasser follow May. 

This is said awkwardly - you're thinking neither Patrick nor Gasser goes in game 3, right? 

May is a RHP, so I'd think Drohan or Harrison is the 2nd one in (possibly Hall or even Ashby, if we're "going for it"). Ideally, that gets us through 5 innings. Then I'd start going to the one inning right handers like Senzatela/Uribe rather than Patrick, who is our only right-handed long guy in the pen - it'd be smart to have him to back up the lefty Gasser in Game 4. 

  • Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
The Twins Daily Caretaker Fund
The Brewer Fanatic Caretaker Fund

You all care about this site. The next step is caring for it. We’re asking you to caretake this site so it can remain the premier Brewers community on the internet. Included with caretaking is ad-free browsing of Brewer Fanatic.

×
×
  • Create New...