Jump to content
Brewer Fanatic

Brewers vs Dodgers Open Thread: News / Notes / Predictions / Miscellaneous. What's on your Mind?


Posted
1 hour ago, igor67 said:

I'd be down for trying to get Sabathia in for a 1st pitch, 

I'd love to see him throw out 1st pitch. 

Posted
On 10/8/2026 at 6:19 PM, formerlybis said:

August 13th. The Brewers had just been swept in San Diego, and the Cubs had pulled to only 3 games back as MKE started a 4-game series with the Dodgers. Brewers trailed 4-2 headed into the 9th with Diaz on the mound. Brewers tallied 3 against him to steal one when all the mojo of this team was in the dumps. Counting that game, they went 32-13 from before that game up to today.

That was an important game.

Doesn't mean they'll win this series, though.

 

good call. if I remember correctly, that was a grueling part of the schedule too and we were running on fumes at that point.

Posted
1 hour ago, Zad Fnark said:

I'm fine with Gasser at this point.  His stuff is so quirky that nobody seems to land a bat on it.  He's been underrated all season.

That could lineup Gasser to start gm7 if needed with Miz and Henderson likely getting some innings 

Posted
22 minutes ago, yourout said:

I assume the dodgers have a bit more left-handed starting pitching so we'll see a little bit more Mr Vaughn.

Agreed, but would it be DH or 1B?  Yelich is having a really good post season so far.

Posted
18 minutes ago, thammondwis said:

Agreed, but would it be DH or 1B?  Yelich is having a really good post season so far.

Bauers hits LHP just fine. I don’t think the team wants Bauers in the outfield, likely because of his shin splint injuries. Therefore, Vaughn is more likely DH.

Murphy pulled Yelich against Morejon last week.

Posted
40 minutes ago, Frisbee Slider said:

Bauers hits LHP just fine. I don’t think the team wants Bauers in the outfield, likely because of his shin splint injuries. Therefore, Vaughn is more likely DH.

Murphy pulled Yelich against Morejon last week.

Yelich has the 2nd best stat line for the Brewers behind Contreras this post season.  Although Chuorio hits have been more impactful.  It’s what we’ve been waiting for all these years with Yelich.  I don’t see Murph not playing him.

Posted

The house should always win. The Dodgers are the money. They spend oodles of cash on their bats to carry them through a regular season so they can casually win 100 games while pointedly not using their lavishly overpaid pitchers who take large portions of the dog days luxuriating (sorry, rehabbing) on the injured list and are always somehow ramped up just in time for October. It is a brutally effective system that few teams have the wherewithal to match, and the Brewers can only dream about it.

If I were a gambler, I'd scarcely put my money anywhere else besides LA. It would be foolish to do otherwise.

But I don't gamble. I watch a funny little game with round balls and round sticks that yields some funny results. And these Brewers have quite a system to them as well. Probably wouldn't be enough to beat the Dodgers at their best in a twenty or thirty game series, but that isn't what we're doing here.

Juggernauts never live forever, and the ball doesn't bounce away from you every single time.

Bring us the pennant: Brewers in seven.

  • Like 2
  • Love 3

Chicago delenda est

Posted

What a day!!! Packers/Bears as an appetizer for the Brewers in the NLCS??? 9 year old Craig would have been shocked, because it would have been 1986 and the Bears were amazing, Packers were not and the Brewers hadn’t had a sniff of the playoffs in a couple of years. I think the most important thing with this Brewers run is to savor and take in every moment. Because not only are they awesome and excruciating, they’re what we’ve waited for as fans. We’re no longer the team that develops players to trade them to other teams. We had the freaking most wins in baseball this year. It’s so awesome!! No matter what, enjoy the ride. That said, Pack takes out the Bears and Brewers in 6. 

  • Like 2
  • Love 1
Posted

Go big, Brewers in 4 and as a gesture of goodwill we can send the over-the-hill Dodgers some cane shaped brooms to commemorate the event.

  • Like 1
Verified Member
Posted
3 minutes ago, igor67 said:

Go big, Brewers in 4 and as a gesture of goodwill we can send the over-the-hill Dodgers some cane shaped brooms to commemorate the event.

I agree but ... shocked LA is favored today in Mil by 1  1/2 runs. If you believe in Miz it is the bet of a lifetime. 

Posted
48 minutes ago, Brian said:

I agree but ... shocked LA is favored today in Mil by 1  1/2 runs. If you believe in Miz it is the bet of a lifetime. 

Brewers are favored on the money line to win outright. Dodgers are favored on the run line because if one of the two teams wins by 2 or more runs, it is likelier to be the Dodgers. 

Posted

I just find these NLCS less stressful than NLDS on the whole. I'm not sure why that is. I think it's a little counterintuitive. Probably, it has to do with the increased margin for error and the fact that, when you spend six months watching a team every day, the idea of having the playoffs end in a week is a tough to swallow. 

Obviously, I hope the Brewers win. I'll be especially disappointed if they get swept again. If the series goes 6 or 7, I may well be a wreck by the end. But getting to enjoy a best-on-best NLCS against the two-time champs is a massive perk for a fan. Going to enjoy the crap out of it and finally finding myself capable of leaving behind the uniquely baseball dread of the early elimination rounds. 

It's really hard to make a World Series. The thing the Brewers have going for them is that it's even harder to make three of them in a row. This team has a real chance, and that's all we can ask for! 

It's been said by many, but Turang is the key to the series. I'm thinking Game 1 from last year is sticking in his craw a little bit, and I expect him to recapture some of his peak regular season form. If he hits, we score runs.

Go Crew!!

  • Like 1
Verified Member
Posted
24 minutes ago, bucks2281 said:

Brewers are favored on the money line to win outright. Dodgers are favored on the run line because if one of the two teams wins by 2 or more runs, it is likelier to be the Dodgers. 

Oh, ok I see that now.  Hope Brewers put up at least 3 on Skuble by the 5th. 

Posted
On 10/8/2026 at 12:32 PM, MrTPlush said:

Am I optimistic? No

Do I think we win this series? Definitely not.

Miz definitely has to show up. 4 innings from Miz and Henderson isn’t going to cut it. I always knew we didn’t need to play our best to beat the Padres, but that isn’t going to fly against the Dodgers. The errors certainly won’t cut it.

I like to think we at least get the series back to MKE before losing.

Are you ever optimistic?  Certainly not here, ever.

Posted
35 minutes ago, LaprilOne said:

Are you ever optimistic?  Certainly not here, ever.

Legitimately, who even are you? Lol

Looks like your recent posts are all crying about how someone else thinks. Maybe provide your own thoughts occasionally instead of being the thought police. 

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
The Twins Daily Caretaker Fund
The Brewer Fanatic Caretaker Fund

You all care about this site. The next step is caring for it. We’re asking you to caretake this site so it can remain the premier Brewers community on the internet. Included with caretaking is ad-free browsing of Brewer Fanatic.

×
×
  • Create New...