Jump to content
Brewer Fanatic
Posted
1 minute ago, adambr2 said:

I absolutely hate that we moved Yelich back up to 2nd today. I can’t explain it, but he seems and looks so much more comfortable batting in the middle of the order. 

I don't really buy into batting order and comfort, but the reality is that Yelich just hasn't been good enough to bat second, and two games of success doesn't change that for me.

  • Like 5
Posted
Just now, adambr2 said:

I absolutely hate that we moved Yelich back up to 2nd today. I can’t explain it, but he seems and looks so much more comfortable batting in the middle of the order. 

Less pressure, lower expectations hitting below the 5 hole. Yeli is not a pressure guy 

Posted
Just now, Brock Beauchamp said:

I don't really buy into batting order and comfort, but the reality is that Yelich just hasn't been good enough to bat second, and two games of success doesn't change that for me.

The issue is no one is hitting well enough to park there.

  • Like 1
Posted
Just now, yourout said:

The issue is no one is hitting well enough to park there.

There are guys on the bench that have had a lot of success this year that aren’t even cracking the lineup. 

  • Love 1
Posted
2 minutes ago, ImissDougMelvin said:

Bobby "I give up bombs" Gasser has made his appearance. No pitcher on this staff gives up more ill timed bombs then him. Like clockwork. 

That was pretty benign as far as homers go.  

Verified Member
Posted
Just now, Brian said:

Could these announcers be any more bias to SD?

Sure, they could all be wearing Padres jerseys I guess...

It's gross.

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS
Posted
2 minutes ago, ImissDougMelvin said:

Bobby "I give up bombs" Gasser has made his appearance. No pitcher on this staff gives up more ill timed bombs then him. Like clockwork. 

What was May's line again.................

  • Like 1
but it's not like every guy suddenly forgot every piece of advice he gave
Posted
2 minutes ago, ImissDougMelvin said:

Bobby "I give up bombs" Gasser has made his appearance. No pitcher on this staff gives up more ill timed bombs then him. Like clockwork. 

Give it up, he’s been just fine through 3.

  • Like 8
Posted
3 minutes ago, Brock Beauchamp said:

I don't really buy into batting order and comfort, but the reality is that Yelich just hasn't been good enough to bat second, and two games of success doesn't change that for me.

He was batting .400 in the playoffs. Moving him up doesn’t seem to have helped him though.

Posted
2 minutes ago, ImissDougMelvin said:

Bobby "I give up bombs" Gasser has made his appearance. No pitcher on this staff gives up more ill timed bombs then him. Like clockwork. 

He has literally given up half the runs May did last night in the same amount of innings.

  • Like 1
Posted
Just now, Brock Beauchamp said:

Bases empty to Fernando Tatis Jr. while he's in God Mode, so I'm not going to get too worked up about it.

The Brewers have done a really good job on him so far

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
The Twins Daily Caretaker Fund
The Brewer Fanatic Caretaker Fund

You all care about this site. The next step is caring for it. We’re asking you to caretake this site so it can remain the premier Brewers community on the internet. Included with caretaking is ad-free browsing of Brewer Fanatic.

×
×
  • Create New...