Jump to content
Brewer Fanatic
Posted
4 hours ago, hawing said:

I'm a lifelong (60+) teetotaler - despite living all that time in Wisconsin, following the Brewers for most of my life, and being enrolled at, working for or affiliated with the UW System for almost as long.  I'm delighted there's another teetotaler on the roster.  We should be able to find him a better soft drink than Fanta for any subsequent celebrations. 😉🤞

ASO to Spectrum for choosing the overnight last night to do an upgrade in our area.  That had us listening to Jeff Levering on the radio for the end of the game, which was much better than any of the fox dudes anyway. 

 

Cooper is a Mormon 

Uribe seemed to get a big kick out of his choice of beverage……lol

Posted
12 hours ago, BruisedCrew said:

I am glad that that didn’t turn into a “Jeffrey Maier incident“ . That was a relatively easy catch for Mitchell, but a fan who had gone for his glove instead of the ball might have kept him from pulling it in  

If you didn’t see it, the Yankees had what was originally called a game tying home run changed to a fan interference double because a fan reached over the wall to pull in the ball. But the fielder was pretty apparently not going to make the catch.

I’d like to think that the umpires would have called fan interference if a fan had obstructed Mitchell. Calling that a home run would have made the roof incident look like nothing. Having low walls like that invites controversy.

Old time Brewers fans will remember the incident in game 3 against the Angels in 1982 when a fan reached over the bleacher rail and pulled in a ball that it looked like Ben Ogilvie was going to catch and turned it into a three run home run for the Angels. 

Yeah, in the NY-TB game it looked like the right call was made. As for Mitchell last night, I'm glad it didn't come to that because you never know.

We were in the LF bleachers in that '82 game, but several rows back so we didn't have as good a view as someone viewing from the grandstand or their living rooms. As we saw later, the ball never would've left on its' own. For history buffs, the HR was gifted to Bob Boone, Yankee MGR Aaron Boones' dad.

I guess It would cost a few HRs, but I'm no fan of the lower OF walls.

Posted
4 hours ago, wildcat83 said:

I think we have the pitching to have a punchers chance.  Miz was good last year, but not Cy Young good.  Henderson is a very legit #2.  I said all along that I thought the only way would have a chance in this series would be if Miz and Henderson were available to start 1,2,6,7.  However, if I had to bet my house on it, I would probably still lean Dodgers.  

 

I also think the 2-3-2 format is horrendous.  No way should a higher seed ever be trailing if both teams hold serve on their home court.  3-3-1 would be much better IMO.

LOL... one of the most exciting wins and 'why should we even expect to beat the Dodgers.'

I don't know, we DO have the Miz, Henderson... Gasser vs the lefties, that's a good matchup I think. 

I THOUGHT we'd need Harrison or Sproat to figure it out(looked like Harrison did as he was throwing a couple ticks faster his last outing, may just have had a dead arm). But... they're older and it's Baseball. They may have more talent, but last years series is totally irrelevant. 

We just played the hottest team and we really didn't wear down our pitching. Now is the time to get over the hump. 

  • Like 3

.

Posted
On 10/7/2026 at 10:27 PM, adambr2 said:

Why no confidence in Chad?

he struggled to end the regular season, and on top of that, hasn't pitched in ages so he's probably rusty.

Posted
On 10/7/2026 at 10:29 PM, greenlawler said:

Ortiz after this season should never start for the Brewers again..

what? the dude is an elite defender at a premium position.

  • Like 1
Posted
21 hours ago, adambr2 said:

Fernando Tatis Jr.: “Just the level of baseball played was so intense, was so high. ... They play really good baseball, man. We have to give it to them. Nothing but to wish them luck and to stay healthy onto the other side.”

Mr. Tatis has another new fan - me.  He didn't have to say this.  Class all around.

  • Like 8
Posted
16 minutes ago, Pugger said:

Mr. Tatis has another new fan - me.  He didn't have to say this.  Class all around.

I actually don’t even have that big of a problem with Machado, I think the hate toward him is a little over the top. 

Yeah, it was a dirty play, it was also 8 years ago, How many of us are the same person at 34 that we were at 26?

Jesse Winker? Totally get it, I’m on board. Machado has acted nothing but humble and soft spoken in any recent interview I’ve seen. 

  • Like 3
  • Disagree 1
Posted
20 minutes ago, Pugger said:

Mr. Tatis has another new fan - me.  He didn't have to say this.  Class all around.

Classy thing to say for sure...  He seems like a decent dude all around...

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS
Posted
18 hours ago, edfunderburk said:

I stopped drinking alcohol in college at age 21 … amazing to hear you are a lifelong drink-free teetotaler 🙌

and I agree that Pratt could improve on Orange Fanta … I usually drink coffee, water, iced tea & if I’m feeling frisky … lemonade 🍋

If he was from Michigan, we know his drink of choice would be Faygo Red Pop.

  • WHOA SOLVDD 1
Posted
21 minutes ago, adambr2 said:

I actually don’t even have that big of a problem with Machado, I think the hate toward him is a little over the top. 

Yeah, it was a dirty play, it was also 8 years ago, How many of us are the same person at 34 that we were at 26?

Jesse Winker? Totally get it, I’m on board. Machado has acted nothing but humble and soft spoken in any recent interview I’ve seen. 

Yeah, I enjoyed the heck of of booing him in the 2018 NLCS, and it was funny for a few years, but it's played out. Certainly none of the players care at this point, and I'm sure it doesn't affect Machado one way or the other. All their comments have been complimentary of the Brewers - and why not? It was a great series between two pretty evenly matched teams.

Community Moderator
Posted
20 minutes ago, Team Canada said:

Yeah, I enjoyed the heck of of booing him in the 2018 NLCS, and it was funny for a few years, but it's played out. Certainly none of the players care at this point, and I'm sure it doesn't affect Machado one way or the other. All their comments have been complimentary of the Brewers - and why not? It was a great series between two pretty evenly matched teams.

Padres fans were booing Contreras. Not sure if it was audible on TV or not but noticeable at the ballpark. I’m not sure what he did to earn that other than hitting home runs??? 

Posted

Tatis does seem like a good dude and a heck of a player, like David Ortiz, I don't think the PED stink will stay with him because he is an easy guy to like and root for.

Posted
9 minutes ago, owbc said:

Padres fans were booing Contreras. Not sure if it was audible on TV or not but noticeable at the ballpark. I’m not sure what he did to earn that other than hitting home runs??? 

His home run trot in game 3 was pretty over the top. 

  • WHOA SOLVDD 2
Posted
1 hour ago, adambr2 said:

I actually don’t even have that big of a problem with Machado, I think the hate toward him is a little over the top. 

Yeah, it was a dirty play, it was also 8 years ago, How many of us are the same person at 34 that we were at 26?

Jesse Winker? Totally get it, I’m on board. Machado has acted nothing but humble and soft spoken in any recent interview I’ve seen. 

Yeah, well, what he did 8 years ago was still about as dirty as it gets.  

Not a chance in hell this guy deserves a pass because he was younger then.  What he tried to do could have been a career killer.  Luckily he failed.

I hope he is a better person now, and kudos to him if he is, but that can't be forgiven, just can't.

He's a punk. 

  • Like 1
"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS
Posted
1 hour ago, kestrel79 said:

His home run trot in game 3 was pretty over the top. 

He did it in Game 1, too. I don't care about guys celebrating, but it certainly rubs people the wrong way. William seems to thrive off it, maybe even court it. 

It all comes with the territory, I think.

  • Like 1
Posted
3 hours ago, adambr2 said:

I actually don’t even have that big of a problem with Machado, I think the hate toward him is a little over the top. 

Yeah, it was a dirty play, it was also 8 years ago, How many of us are the same person at 34 that we were at 26?

Jesse Winker? Totally get it, I’m on board. Machado has acted nothing but humble and soft spoken in any recent interview I’ve seen. 

I think this is reasonable re: Machado. He still has some antics on the field that likely rubs Brewers fans wrong. Same as Contreras ticked off some Padres fans with his extended HR trot. I think Padres fans were booing Chourio also. Not as loud and pronounced as Brewers fans boo Machado though.

I don't think there's anything wrong with fans continuing to boo him, it's kind of part of the game whether there's history or not.

Players get booed, it's part of being a star. I think he'd still get booed even if he had never did the thing with Aguilar back in 2018.

  • Like 1
Posted
33 minutes ago, SeaBass said:

I think this is reasonable re: Machado. He still has some antics on the field that likely rubs Brewers fans wrong. Same as Contreras ticked off some Padres fans with his extended HR trot. I think Padres fans were booing Chourio also. Not as loud and pronounced as Brewers fans boo Machado though.

I don't think there's anything wrong with fans continuing to boo him, it's kind of part of the game whether there's history or not.

Players get booed, it's part of being a star. I think he'd still get booed even if he had never did the thing with Aguilar back in 2018.

And I don’t really have a huge problem with it (honestly, I don’t think Machado does either), but I’m just saying when he’s coming up to the plate my mind doesn’t go to: “wow, I can’t stand that guy,”

Posted
14 minutes ago, adambr2 said:

...but I’m just saying when he’s coming up to the plate my mind doesn’t go to: “wow, I can’t stand that guy,”

Well, it does for a lot of us, and I'm one of them.

Every time I see him, anyplace, my first thought is that I can't stand him, and that will probably never change.  Even if we acquired him somehow, it would be really tough for me to abandon previous thoughts and feelings about the guy.

  • Like 1
"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS
Posted

Machado will always be a villain - the stain won't and shouldn't come out. Ask yourself if any opposing fan gave Braun a break because it "happened a long time ago." I do not think that was unwarranted. either,

PCA is a current villain, but not in the same way - haven't seen him be dirty really, but he is easy to root against with his petulant behavior/lack of emotional control. That really might get cured with seasoning - we'll see.

It's hard to deny that both of those guys aren't productive, though. 

Posted
On 10/8/2026 at 6:31 AM, adambr2 said:

I am sure all the current Brewers are familiar with Uecker and his history here. 

 

Of course. No one in the clubhouse is thinking "Who's this?"

And I'm pretty sure this theatre is not going to be repeated ad nauseum after this year. If it is yes, then it gets to be too much.

  • Like 2
Posted
8 minutes ago, formerlybis said:

Machado will always be a villain - the stain won't and shouldn't come out. Ask yourself if any opposing fan gave Braun a break because it "happened a long time ago." I do not think that was unwarranted. either,

PCA is a current villain, but not in the same way - haven't seen him be dirty really, but he is easy to root against with his petulant behavior/lack of emotional control. That really might get cured with seasoning - we'll see.

It's hard to deny that both of those guys aren't productive, though. 

I think equating what Braun did to what Machado did is a bit extreme. Braun cheated and lied about cheating throwing out ridiculous accusations then got caught cheating again. Machado dragged his back foot kicking Aguilar in the ankle. It was overblown at the time and the fact people still act like he tried to kill Aguilar is wild.

  • Like 2
Posted
On 10/8/2026 at 9:58 AM, SeaBass said:

 

Hey, someone being annoyed that the kids are there is fine, right? Ok, I can accept a person having that feeling in the moment. But it's been harped upon over and over and over on this message board for a couple years now. It's... weird.

I think it's a compulsion with some to have to find negatives, and when there aren't enough of them you're forced to recycle the same ones.

  • Like 2
Posted
On 10/8/2026 at 10:33 AM, adambr2 said:

 

It’s whatever though, that’s just my opinion and it’s not a big deal to me. He would know better than I on what will connect with the clubhouse, 

Yep. That's the case with Murphy regarding a whole lot of things, on field & off. It's not surprising that some of this stuff doesn't resonate with some fans. But let's remember, it's not FOR us. As a fan, I like being 'in the clubhouse' for some of this postgame stuff. As a manager, coach or player I'd probably find it intrusive and would consider a fans' viewpoint of the clubhouse stuff to be as immaterial as it gets.

Community Moderator
Posted

My brother once described the moral conflict of Braun as "He's an ****** but he's our ******." and I couldn't have agreed more. 

On Machado -- he had been hot at the plate and was feeling it, you know the guy thought he was going to get the last laugh. His reaction to Mitchell's catch said it all. 

  • Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
The Twins Daily Caretaker Fund
The Brewer Fanatic Caretaker Fund

You all care about this site. The next step is caring for it. We’re asking you to caretake this site so it can remain the premier Brewers community on the internet. Included with caretaking is ad-free browsing of Brewer Fanatic.

×
×
  • Create New...