Jump to content
Brewer Fanatic
Posted
32 minutes ago, Bulldogboy said:

The Uke letter again? Unbelievable 

The problem with these letters is lot of the kids and new guys don't have a connection with Uke.

Posted

I was at the Brewers game in Detroit when were in the lead when Skubal departed. 

Blake Perkins had a big hit, if I remember right, to take the lead.

Perkins more or less didn't hit off of anyone except elite pitchers this year ha.

Posted
1 hour ago, Baldkin said:

You were singing the same tune as them pregame and during the first four innings

I was skeptical, sure.  The Crew has had problems in the past in the post season so I didn't have a lot of confidence.  I'm thrilled they proved me wrong.  If you read the game thread I wasn't  the only one nervous. 

But I'm not paid for providing insight and analysis of these games on TV.  I'm just a fan.  Almost to a man they were sure SD would score at least 6 runs and now they tell us pitching beats hitting most of the time.

Posted
1 minute ago, Pugger said:

I was skeptical, sure.  The Crew has had problems in the past in the post season so I didn't have a lot of confidence.  I'm thrilled they proved me wrong.  If you read the game thread I wasn't  the only one nervous. 

But I'm not paid for proving insight and analysis of these games on TV.  I'm just a fan.  Almost to a man they were sure SD would score at least 6 runs and now they tell us pitching beats hitting most of the time.

Dude maybe just enjoy tonight. 

  • Like 2
Posted

I guess I can say I’m one of like 50 Brewers fans who saw that in person. What a thrill. I guess I have to figure out how to get to LA next week! 

  • Like 14
  • Love 5
Posted
6 minutes ago, owbc said:

I guess I can say I’m one of like 50 Brewers fans who saw that in person. What a thrill. I guess I have to figure out how to get to LA next week! 

Looked like Petco was pretty electric.

That team has kind of annoyed me for quite some time, but I love how they incorporated the Western Metal Supply building into the LF corner. Very cool.

  • Like 1
Posted
57 minutes ago, Bulldogboy said:

I want so bad to like Murphy but doing stuff like this the kids pressers just make me not love him

Having his KIDS with him makes you NOT like him?

What's your nightmare, a bunch of puppies? 

  • WHOA SOLVDD 9

.

Posted
9 minutes ago, Jim French Stepstool said:

Looked like Petco was pretty electric.

That team has kind of annoyed me for quite some time, but I love how they incorporated the Western Metal Supply building into the LF corner. Very cool.

My good buddy was out there! 

  • Like 1

.

Posted
14 minutes ago, Jim French Stepstool said:

Looked like Petco was pretty electric.

That team has kind of annoyed me for quite some time, but I love how they incorporated the Western Metal Supply building into the LF corner. Very cool.

Lives up to the reputation. Extremely loud. Got lots of “Beat the **** Dodgers” on the way out 😂 

I had a good angle of that Machado fly ball and I think my heart skipped about 5 beats. 

  • Like 3
  • Love 1
Posted
10 minutes ago, owbc said:

 

I had a good angle of that Machado fly ball and I think my heart skipped about 5 beats. 

It would've been as interesting as all get-out if Mitchell didn't make that catch. There was some contact with a fan or two out there. I THINK Mitchell reached over the wall & into the stands, which makes him fair game. But something tells me Murphy would've had an opinion to express 😁.

Posted
2 hours ago, greenlawler said:

Jeter on the postgame calls us the most complete team, watch him pick the Dodgers in 5

It really wouldn't be inconsistent. 

The Dodgers are older, the have a more questionable BP, their defense isn't as good.

They also have absolute horses in their rotation(Yamamoto may be one of the most underrated arms in the last 20 years) and some filthy power arms out of the pen still. 

So the Brewers can'
Hit pretty good.
Steal bases and play small ball.
Play elite defense.
They can hit for some power. 
They have depth.
Good starting pitching. 
Great BP. 

The Dodgers hit pretty good. 
Steal and play small ball less.
Elite defense isn't nearly as big a part of their game.
They hit for a ton of power. 
Also have depth.
Great starting pitching. 
Talented... but NOT an elite BP. 


So... I don't really care. I think we're forgetting we're playing the dynasty and they are an objectively more talented team than us. 
That doesn't make their 2026 team better than ours in this 7 game series. 


But mostly, I feel like we hear the positive stuff about other teams and ignore all the positive **** they say about us! There's a LOT of it. 

.

Posted

Friends and family - 
 

I have noticed one or two guys in the dugout during the playoffs that aren’t always there - obviously Goodman Jace is one, but there is this older weathered faced guy I only semi-recognize. Anyone know who he is? I vaguely recognize him.

Posted

Watched the last two innings again this morning for fun.  Didn’t realize it live but the broadcast didn’t show Uribe coming off the mound.  Kind of a buzz kill to not see his celebration.

Posted

THE GREATEST THING TO WAKE UP TO IS A MACHADO HOME RUN ROBBERY HOLY SHOT **** YES!!!

  • Like 1
  • WHOA SOLVDD 1

Posted: July 10, 2014, 12:30 AM

PrinceFielderx1 Said:

If the Brewers don't win the division I should be banned. However, they will.

 

Last visited: September 03, 2014, 7:10 PM

Posted
3 hours ago, Jim French Stepstool said:

It would've been as interesting as all get-out if Mitchell didn't make that catch. There was some contact with a fan or two out there. I THINK Mitchell reached over the wall & into the stands, which makes him fair game. But something tells me Murphy would've had an opinion to express 😁.

I am glad that that didn’t turn into a “Jeffrey Maier incident“ . That was a relatively easy catch for Mitchell, but a fan who had gone for his glove instead of the ball might have kept him from pulling it in  

If you didn’t see it, the Yankees had what was originally called a game tying home run changed to a fan interference double because a fan reached over the wall to pull in the ball. But the fielder was pretty apparently not going to make the catch.

I’d like to think that the umpires would have called fan interference if a fan had obstructed Mitchell. Calling that a home run would have made the roof incident look like nothing. Having low walls like that invites controversy.

Old time Brewers fans will remember the incident in game 3 against the Angels in 1982 when a fan reached over the bleacher rail and pulled in a ball that it looked like Ben Ogilvie was going to catch and turned it into a three run home run for the Angels. 

  • Like 2
Note: If I raise something as a POSSIBILITY that does not mean that I EXPECT it to happen.
Posted
14 hours ago, torts said:

The last time the Brewers won on the road in the post season?  Against walker beuhler 

the usual suspects GIF

  • Like 3
  • Love 1

Posted: July 10, 2014, 12:30 AM

PrinceFielderx1 Said:

If the Brewers don't win the division I should be banned. However, they will.

 

Last visited: September 03, 2014, 7:10 PM

Posted
39 minutes ago, torts said:

THE GREATEST THING TO WAKE UP TO IS A MACHADO HOME RUN ROBBERY HOLY SHOT **** YES!!!

Freaking amazing.!   I will say though, we fans may never like the guy but his post game locker room interview was really good. 

  • Like 2
Posted
6 hours ago, RobertCrawley said:

It's ironic that Wild Bill is unhappy there aren't any challenges.

Guess he thinks they are all and only his. 

  • WHOA SOLVDD 2

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
The Twins Daily Caretaker Fund
The Brewer Fanatic Caretaker Fund

You all care about this site. The next step is caring for it. We’re asking you to caretake this site so it can remain the premier Brewers community on the internet. Included with caretaking is ad-free browsing of Brewer Fanatic.

×
×
  • Create New...