Jump to content
Brewer Fanatic

Harrison looked great last night....do you trust him for the playoffs?


Posted

I don't know how it looked on TV, but from the stands Harrison looked great...better than May, I thought.  Do you trust him for the playoff?  Your thoughts...

Recommended Posts

Posted

200.gif
 

Harrison will be on the playoff roster. I think the Brewers are smart enough to have someone warming up behind him.

Miz was a mess the second half of last season. Harrison could either be very helpful or face a three batter minimum.

  • Like 1
Posted

I know the cardinals aren’t a good offense, but he looked good. 
 

My butt would be clenched the entire time he’s pitching in a playoff game. 
 

If they keep 13 pitchers, I’d lean toward him making it. 
 

if they only keep 12 pitchers then he’s fighting with Drohan and May for that last spot in my opinion. 
 

These 10 guys feel like locks: Misiorowski, Henderson, Gasser, Megill, Uribe, Ashby, Hall, Romero, Senzatela, Patrick. 
 

so pick 2 of Harrison, May, Drohan, and Anderson (if healthy)

 

id keep May. Then Harrison and Drohan are a bit of a toss up to me. I think they’ll only keep 12. 

Posted

I agree every pitch would be stressful if he’s on the mound, but his stuff plays in October if he can locate it.  That’s a big IF.   Could also depend on who we play for determining the last 2 pitchers.

  • Like 1
Posted

No. One game doesn't erase an entire second half of ass pitching, but we all know Murphy will use that performance as an excuse to put him on the playoff roster and possibly lose a game for us.

  • Like 1

You think you can hurt me? I watch Wisconsin sports. You can't hurt me.

Verified Member
Posted

His previous velo & movement came back 2 outings ago. Yesterday his command took a step-up in the right direction.

Of course he should make the playoff roster. His K potential vs hitters on both sides of the plate seperate him from most. We need him.

  • Like 1
Posted

With Gasser's emergence & three LH's in the BP ahead of him at this point it looked like a somewhat tough sell to get him on the playoff roster. But there's no denying how he's looked his last two times out----as @SF70 pointed out the velo & movement was there in his outing previous to yesterday. If the staff feels this isn't a blip but a trend that will continue then it's a no-brainer to include him.

  • Like 1
Posted
2 hours ago, wildcat83 said:

  Could also depend on who we play for determining the last 2 pitchers.

Great point. Teams adjusting their rosters from series to series is pretty commonplace. It looks to me like it's become an either/or thing with Drohan perhaps in the juggle along with May/Harrison.

If Grant Anderson was an option I think they'd have found work for him in the last week.

Posted

Do I trust him? Heck no lol but I also didn't trust Misiorowski (didn't even want him on the postseason roster) last year so my trust doesn't mean much for how much success a pitcher will or won't have in the postseason.

  • Like 3
Posted
4 hours ago, Jim French Stepstool said:

With Gasser's emergence & three LH's in the BP ahead of him at this point it looked like a somewhat tough sell to get him on the playoff roster. But there's no denying how he's looked his last two times out----as @SF70 pointed out the velo & movement was there in his outing previous to yesterday. If the staff feels this isn't a blip but a trend that will continue then it's a no-brainer to include him.

Ohtani, Freeman, Muncy, Olson, Harris, Bush, Bellinger, PCA, Happ(Switch), Harper, Schwarber, Carroll, Pederson, McCarthy, 

Nice to have plenty of lefties to shut down our opponents' best hitters. 

For the OP, I don't fully trust Harrison as I would've in the first half, but enough to have him on the playoff roster.  Having him get a resurgence of the first half would be huge.  The only chance to see that this year is to keep getting some chances. 

"Rock, sometime, when the team is up against it, and the breaks are beating the boys, tell 'em to go out there with all they got and win just one for the Uecker. I don't know where I'll be then, Rock but I'll know about it; and I'll be happy."

Posted
12 hours ago, long ball said:

if they only keep 12 pitchers then he’s fighting with Drohan and May for that last spot in my opinion. 
 

These 10 guys feel like locks: Misiorowski, Henderson, Gasser, Megill, Uribe, Ashby, Hall, Romero, Senzatela, Patrick. 

For a 5-game series they always go with a 12-man staff because of two off days.  And they will be well-rested for the first two games at home.

I think your 10 locks should include Drohan to make 11.  Then it's a toss-up for the last spot; maybe Harrison gets it if they face a team with a lot of LHH or use him as an opener, but I think more likely is May or Anderson.  Seems like Murph has been experimenting with May on short starts to see what that could look like giving him a short leash in the playoffs.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
The Twins Daily Caretaker Fund
The Brewer Fanatic Caretaker Fund

You all care about this site. The next step is caring for it. We’re asking you to caretake this site so it can remain the premier Brewers community on the internet. Included with caretaking is ad-free browsing of Brewer Fanatic.

×
×
  • Create New...