Jump to content
Brewer Fanatic
Verified Member
Posted

The last time the Brewers won on the road in the post season?  Against walker beuhler 

  • Like 7

Posted: July 10, 2014, 12:30 AM

PrinceFielderx1 Said:

If the Brewers don't win the division I should be banned. However, they will.

 

Last visited: September 03, 2014, 7:10 PM

Posted
5 minutes ago, torts said:

The last time the Brewers won on the road in the post season?  Against walker beuhler 

Well, wouldn't that be poetic end to a road loss slump....I'm all for it!

  • Like 3
Posted

If we lose, going to be fun to look at this in retrospect. Tomorrow is an off-day so there is a good argument to just go bullpen heavy even if Gasser turns in 2-3 scoreless. Could make an argument to not even start Gasser at all off rip.

 

  • Like 1
Posted
26 minutes ago, torts said:

The last time the Brewers won on the road in the post season?  Against walker beuhler 

I also vividly remember how I felt after the FIRST loss of that series, a BRUTAL Game 4 L in extra innings in LA. Stayed up way too late. Walked around like a zombie the next day. Watched Kershaw dominate us in the afternoon, feeling no hope we'd ever have a shot in Game 5.

I guess I'm saying, I basically felt the same the day after the first loss as I do today (other than the facing Clayton Kershaw part), so there'd be some symmetry in feeling the same the same after the last loss too.

Time to end the streak.

Posted
2 minutes ago, Pugger said:

If we find a way to lose tonight's game I fear this season is toast.  It would be a damn shame.

TBH, I felt like that occurred back at the trading deadline when the Dodgers got Skubal...but we shall see. 

Community Moderator
Posted
4 minutes ago, Pugger said:

If we find a way to lose tonight's game I fear this season is toast.  It would be a damn shame.

You don't believe in Miz against whatever arms the Padres can find in the closet in game 5? 

  • Like 3
Posted

Tonight is the time for the manager to make a difference. It's up to him to adjust the lineup and play the best players. Put up some runs early and win. 

  • Like 1
  • WHOA SOLVDD 1
Posted
2 minutes ago, owbc said:

You don't believe in Miz against whatever arms the Padres can find in the closet in game 5? 

It won't be some arms out of the closet.  It will be their best 4-6 arms they have each going an inning or 2.

Having said that it shouldn't be a match for our best 2-4 arms lead by Miz.

Posted
9 minutes ago, owbc said:

You don't believe in Miz against whatever arms the Padres can find in the closet in game 5? 

Yeah, i obviously don't want to play a game 5.  But Im sure the odds say the Brewers have a better shot in a game 5 than tonight.  Cy winner at home is a pretty good combo.  So its far from over if they lose tonight.    That said, this series has me usually stressed, I need it to be over tonight.

Posted

I’m starting to think I’m not built for postseason baseball honestly. I’ve been debating taking melatonin and waking up to see a win. No shame in admitting this either. 

  • WHOA SOLVDD 3
  • Love 1
Posted
12 minutes ago, Uwbadgers442 said:

I’m starting to think I’m not built for postseason baseball honestly. I’ve been debating taking melatonin and waking up to see a win. No shame in admitting this either. 

Same, although I was considering something also in edible form and slightly more stigmatized.

Posted

Hurt not to close it out last night when miller and Morejon were unavailable. Both presumably available tonight. 
 

I feel good about wrapping it up. I think our offense has mostly been pretty solid. Some tough luck or well positioned defenders. 
 

Another 1 run game might send me to the grave though. Lol

Posted

This is a big game from the perspective of setting up starting pitching for the LCS.

Win tonight and Miz pitches Sunday night on 7 days rest in Game 1, and then probably again on Friday game 5 and in relief Game 7 Monday. Lose tonight (and win on Friday) means you don’t have Miz on full rest until Game 3 at best. 

  • Like 2
Posted
2 hours ago, Outlander said:

Last year the Brewers lost 4-3 to the Cubs in game 3, hopefully they have a better game 4 response this time around.

This year's team is better. Last year they had two huge hot streaks and were otherwise i slightly above average team. This year has been all about responding to adversity and they've excelled at bouncing back after losses.

Unless Gasser comes out and gets shelled in the first two innings, I think we end it tonight.

Community Moderator
Posted
3 minutes ago, ImissDougMelvin said:

 

Bauers and Mitchell moved down but otherwise going with the same guys. 

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
The Twins Daily Caretaker Fund
The Brewer Fanatic Caretaker Fund

You all care about this site. The next step is caring for it. We’re asking you to caretake this site so it can remain the premier Brewers community on the internet. Included with caretaking is ad-free browsing of Brewer Fanatic.

×
×
  • Create New...